Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Pandora's Gaunlet (post-nerf)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Q&A >> Pandora's Gaunlet (post-nerf)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/6/2020 3:32:39   
Plutonium

Not entirely sure if I need additional gear or what, but I can't seem to beat this Gauntlet (and I've been at it for awhile now). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*My Stats: INT & END: 200 & WIS: 45,
Weapons Equipped: Exalted Apothesis w Blade of Awe/Lucky Hammer (shown) & Soulforged Scythe (Ice) w Ice Scythe & Lucky Hammer (shown)
Accessories Equipped: Wings of the Unraveler III, Tentacle of the Dominion III, Fierce DragonLord Helm, Magi Sentinal Helm (Wrath), Leaf of Flux III, Uaanta's Blaster IV (Charging), Elemental Unity Defender I, Crystal Notched Belt V, Legion Bracer & 5 Potions + Hero's Diet, Cocoaberry Juice, & Instant Pierogi
Pets Equipped: Avalon (Pet Dragon) w Protection: 199, Fighting: 1, Assistance & Mischief: 200

see * for context
DF  Post #: 1
3/6/2020 10:18:23   
Dratomos
Helpful!

It would help to know where you lose. Is it always the same or random? Do you have any problem with specific Elemental Spirit? Or just Pandora?
DF AQW  Post #: 2
3/6/2020 12:33:55   
Plutonium

Usually its random. Sometimes, I'll die during Lust, Wrath and once, or twice, during Pride. Also, definite K.O the one time I made it to Pandora.
DF  Post #: 3
3/6/2020 14:39:19   
Dratomos
Helpful!

Well, if it is random, it's much harder to pinpoint what goes wrong. So, I would advise to practice using individual ES fights first, before going to Gauntlet. After you can defeat them all without relying on RNG, go for Gauntlet.

As for equipment, use good Fire-Resistance -equipment when going against Lust and Darkness/Immobility -resistance on Pride. Also, ditch Ice-Scythe combo. It is not needed for this, Exalted Apotheosis with Evil element, BoA shown and DmK can handle these fine on their own.

< Message edited by Dratomos -- 3/6/2020 14:42:14 >
DF AQW  Post #: 4
3/6/2020 15:34:41   
Plutonium

Thanks, I'll try that.

EDIT I: Well, Dmk v2 was a bust, died during Pride. Thinking about trying Chaosweaver (with the Fire/Darkness Resist for Lust & Pride respectively), but I'm honestly ready to just throw in the towel at this point. Could bring Guest(s), but I really don't want to. I feel like Pandora (EX)'s gonna be a nightmare.

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 3/6/2020 19:01:46 >
DF  Post #: 5
3/7/2020 3:28:24   
Dratomos
Helpful!

I really don't know where you fail, Do you heal on these challenges? I tried to them with your equipment and DmK v2 and I had no issues, didn't need extra potions of food.
DF AQW  Post #: 6
3/7/2020 19:01:11   
Plutonium

I'll heal in between Envy, Gluttony, & Sloth if I'm low on Health/Mana.
DF  Post #: 7
3/8/2020 5:24:20   
Dratomos
Helpful!

You should heal every time and also after Pride if you have problems with this challenge. No need to make it harder since there isn't any kind of reward anymore.
DF AQW  Post #: 8
3/8/2020 15:23:19   
Kurtz96

Are you familiar with all the mechanics of each monster? Because with the standard BiS set up (that you have) and using DmK V2 you should have no issues with the gauntlet.
Familiarize yourself with the rotation.

Envy: easy
Greed: easy
Lust: use nuke lust. Use dragon shield on the second turn to dodge her 2 attacks
Gluttony: Just follow the rotation and have your dragon use scout, or use break will or drain essence when Gluttony is about to absorb buffs
Wrath: get the magi helm or some minus crit gear. But you should be able to win even with normal gear. Don't use blood rite obviously.
Sloth: just attack him and if he prepare to nuke using weaken/void barrier/dragon shield.
Pride: just wait out the first few turns clicking life carve/attack button. Once she has 3 stacks of superiority you can do normal stuff with corruption.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
3/8/2020 19:49:49   
mahasamatman

DMK2 can work, but will need a few retrys on Pride, and sometimes on Lust.
Pride is very dependent on your luck with the RNG.

Also, try bringing Artix+Nythera.

His followers called him Mahasamatman, and claimed he was a god.
He never claimed to be a god, but then, he never claimed not to be a god.
Circumstances being what they were, neither admission could be of any benefit.
Silence, though, could.
DF  Post #: 10
3/11/2020 8:34:21   
Plutonium

FINALLY beat Pandora's Gauntlet and got a Fragment of Ethereal Woe (7 more to go; 2 more for Elpis and 5 for Corrupted Seven Trinket), but brought Rhubarb and Maz along for the ride. Which was frustrating, because Rhubarb died at the tail end of Sloth and Max died subsequently after during the tail end of Pride.

EDIT I: I'm annoyed all over again.

EDIT II: Officially reached that Dominion of Dreams level annoyance (where I beat it once, tried that way again, failed and subsequently died every time after that) I also tried beating Pandora (EX) with BSW, twice. Got beat both times.

EDIT III: 2 Fragment of Ethereal Woe down, 6 more to go.

EDIT IV: Elpis is MINE! Gonna tackle getting The Corrupted Seven Trinket at a later date.

< Message edited by Plutonium -- 3/17/2020 8:31:40 >
DF  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Q&A >> Pandora's Gaunlet (post-nerf)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition