Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= March 6th Design Notes: Arena at the Edge of Time: The Conduit

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= March 6th Design Notes: Arena at the Edge of Time: The Conduit
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/6/2020 21:09:59   
  DemonicDarkwraith

ArchKnight DragonFable

quote:

Verlyrus
Summon Cat

Arena at the Edge of Time: The Conduit
Hey there, heroes!

This month, a new board has appeared on the Inn at the Edge of Time Challenge Board: The Conduit!

The Conduit board is home to challenges against the entities bound to the rare and mysterious Summon Gems. You may have even collected some along your previous travels.

This time, you'll face off against Reaver, the Deathbringer, and Ayauhnqui, the Lifespark.

That's right, alongside the old Summons, you'll encounter new Summons that haven't made an appearance before!

Defeat both to unlock an upgrade to the Summon Gem - Reaver, as well as the new Summon Gem- Ayauhnqui!

Head over to the Inn at the Edge of Time to see if you have what it takes to take on The Conduit!

Some class updates are here this week as well:

Underworld Epoch

• Timeshift now consumes 6 momentum and allows you to resist death for 3 turns.
  • Final has been updated. It will now consume momentum in amounts of 3, 6, or 9.
  • When used with less than 6 momentum, it wil consume 3, and provide +90 Defense, 15 All res, and -30 Health res, dealing 2.5x base damage.
  • When used with less than 9 momentum, but more than 5, it wil consume 6, and provide +60 Defense, 10 All res, and -20 Health res, dealing 3.5x base damage.
  • When used with 9 momentum, it wil consume 9, and provide +30 Defense, 5 All res, and -10 Health res, dealing 4.5 base damage.

Chaosweaver

• Unfortunately, Chaosweaver has proven to be entirely too powerful, requiring new challenge fights to have specific abilities to either counteract or shut it down. This is not sustainable in the long run, severely limits design flexibility, and frustrates other classes besides Chaosweaver. As such, Chaosweaver is having some of its abilities toned down.
  • Gambit
  • Soul Boost:
  • Bonus reduced to 100 from 200.
  • Boost reduced to 150 from 175.
  • Empowered Soul Aegis
  • Immobility res reduced to 100, down from 300.
  • Empowered Soul Shred
  • Bonus reduced to -50 from -100.
  • Empowered Vengeance
  • Health resist lowered to 50, from 70.

As always, I'm open to constructive feedback regarding any balance changes. At this point, Underworld Epoch is basically complete, bar minor tweaks and changes. Chaosweaver may also receive more tweaks in the future if needed (nerfs or buffs).

March's Dragon Coin special is here! We have a pair of Legion weapons available for DCs for the month of March. They have the same stats, but different appearances! Make sure to pick up your favorite before they leave!

Having trouble with any fights? Have feedback about recent releases? Have any crazy theories or ideas? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Verlyrus

• < Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 3/6/2020 21:10:34 >
    DF  Post #: 1
    3/6/2020 22:22:17   
    1997p3

I almost forgot the Reaver existed

Dont quite agree that CW is OP though, seems like it's only because recent Inn challenges are all 1v1, which CW strives at, which makes cw seem OP

Clarification: I don't mind the balancing on CW, but just felt that there might be pressure on CW for the wrong reason(?)

< Message edited by 1997p3 -- 3/7/2020 0:15:17 >
    AQ MQ  Post #: 2
    3/6/2020 22:27:36   
    mds2006

oh great.

Chaosweaver's underpowered now.
    Post #: 3
    3/6/2020 22:36:38   
    Dray

Ooh, that kitty's a kuttie! I hope I can beat Reaver and Ayauhnqui to get access to it. I think Uaanta's Blaster is still better, stats-wise, but I still want to pick up an Aya for cuteness alone.
    Post #: 4
    3/6/2020 22:53:38   
    TFS
    Helpful!

Came here to say that none of these ChW changes really matter and that there's not much reason for people to complain, but it seems I was a bit late.
    While a little bit of the edge was taken off of Gambit, the other changes were to the least useful aspects of its skills; it still easily has the highest damage output of any class (barring DoomKnight V1) and its really nasty tricks like the autostun are still left intact. If you're a Chaosweaver main or just didn't want it to be nerfed, this is literally the best possible outcome for you; while changes for the class were already bound to happen, these changes are just about as unimpactful as possible and Chaosweaver is as ferocious as ever.
    DF  Post #: 5
    3/6/2020 23:04:04   
    Kurtz96

Never mind, looked a little further on the spread sheet. My bad.
    EDIT: to be fair, Chaosweaver may still do the most damage, but the gambit nerf cut the damage by a third. That is not a light nerf. 33% of anything is significant.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 3/6/2020 23:09:59 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
    3/6/2020 23:22:00   
    ProbablyCallum

You might want to check your math kurtz
    DF  Post #: 7
    3/6/2020 23:29:26   
    Kurtz96

Ignore this, I switched bonus and boost.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 3/6/2020 23:34:41 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
    3/6/2020 23:31:51   
    ProbablyCallum

You might want to check your reading kurtz
    DF  Post #: 9
    3/6/2020 23:35:26   
    RobynJoanne

Chaosweaver's Gambit hasn't increased boost by 200 for quite a while. Kurtz, you seem to be mistaking bonus for boost.
    Post #: 10
    3/6/2020 23:36:41   
    Kurtz96

Yeah I misread bonus as boost when looking at the nerfs on Design notes.

The 2 monsters individually are easy enough once you know their rotation and Raver's darkness resist gimmick. Not sure which one is the bigger threat for the duo though.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 3/7/2020 1:37:50 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
    3/7/2020 1:55:48   
    TFS
    Helpful!

Beat the duo using Kathool Adept. Here's a quick guide on how to best utilize the class.
    I'm really glad we've gotten a return to a more traditional duo, these two were pretty tough and had a lot of fun mechanics to map out. Defeating them was challenging but satisfying, and that's how I think Inn challenges should be. I really liked this release.

quote:

The 2 monsters individually are easy enough once you know their rotation and Raver's darkness resist gimmick. Not sure which one is the bigger threat for the duo though.

It's better to take out Reaver first IMO, as he both puts out a lot of offensive pressure and can be defeated quicker. All of his attacks are really nasty and you don't want to get hit by any of them too many times. Ayaya gives you a lot more breathing room, as there are only two attacks you really don't want to take, one of which is avoidable. Don't dawdle too much, though, it gets a stacking All resistance and therefore enough longevity to punish being overly passive.

< Message edited by TFS -- 3/7/2020 2:27:16 >
    DF  Post #: 12
    3/7/2020 3:25:05   
    geomihai

Ehm looks like the whine from the "pro" in the community nerfed one great armor.... no one cares about your challanges being too easy for cw , maybe many people used it on quest and grind? and the literrally one best grinding skill was nerfed... nerfing a paid armor in a sp game , this is the only game that can do smt like this... there was only one instance when the devs really nailed it , and that was keeping the old dk v1.0 ... eh good job on making people think twice on buying armor to be later nerfed , and also for inclining more people who cant get some challanges or lvl to use cheats . Very good job keep it up.

And before someone will say smt about me trolling here are some facts::
    CW is a paid armor , you hyped it up during the story and during the development process. When you officially launched it , it was an awsome class with good dmg and good grinding stats. You let it that way for some weeks , enough for people to buy it , but then after many got the armor , you nerfed it so they will be forced to buy the next armor which will prob be as good as cw v1.0 and then nerf it. How many games got microtransaction armor and then nerf it ? i mean for single player not games like LOL which inbalances the multiplayer game not SP.
    WE should be entitled for a REFUND or for a V1.0 ARMOR . That's if the devs really care about all players not a small vocal number of us.

< Message edited by San Robin -- 3/7/2020 8:25:31 >
    Post #: 13
    3/7/2020 3:51:15   
    The_element

quote:

Ehm looks like the whine from the "pro" in the community nerfed one great armor.... no one cares about your challanges being too easy for cw , maybe many people used it on quest and grind? and the literrally one best grinding skill was nerfed... nerfing a paid armor in a sp game , this is the only game that can do smt like this...

Nothing outside the inn is relevant, you can still one-shot most things outside the inn with ChW. However, I do understand your frustration with a paid class being nerfed.

I might not comment on these specific nerfs to ChW in this thread, but I just think that with the end of the single solo fights and the return of the duo fights, we were at the end of ChW’s ‘apex’ so to speak. I don’t think ChW would be as successful in the duo fights as much as it was in the single fights. I wish that changes/nerfs to ChW could be looked at when we had a few more duo fights for context.
    Post #: 14
    3/7/2020 4:19:38   
    Marthe

@TFS I really think that your guide doesn't accurately encompass the playstyle of Kathool Adept, and has some glaring issues. For instance, the player in the picture seems to be attempting to fit a block labelled "Writhe" into a hole, and is failing at the exercise. This block and the block labelled "Kathool" should be swapped, as it takes more skill to click Kathool than it does to click Writhe. Kathool requires Shadow to hit, and that's very difficult! That difficulty would be represented by the inability to place the block into its hole. Additionally, the depiction of the player in the image is too flattering. It seems to have the mental capacity to mostly complete a toddler's puzzle, which is unrealistic for a Kathool Adept player. You really shouldn't provide guides that assume the player is so gifted in ability.

By the way, I'm surprised you realized you hadn't equipped a cape halfway through your third foodless attempt at the duo, let alone remembered how to equip a cape in such a stressful circumstance. I suppose that really goes to show that you're in the top 0.1% of the players of Corrupted Water Elf.
    DF  Post #: 15
    3/7/2020 4:29:45   
    The_element

quote:

@TFS I really think that your guide doesn't accurately encompass the playstyle of Kathool Adept, and has some glaring issues. For instance, the player in the picture seems to be attempting to fit a block labelled "Writhe" into a hole, and is failing at the exercise. This block and the block labelled "Kathool" should be swapped, as it takes more skill to click Kathool than it does to click Writhe. Kathool requires Shadow to hit, and that's very difficult! That difficulty would be represented by the inability to place the block into its hole. Additionally, the depiction of the player in the image is too flattering. It seems to have the mental capacity to mostly complete a toddler's puzzle, which is unrealistic for a Kathool Adept player. You really shouldn't provide guides that assume the player is so gifted in ability.

KAA was a Rolith era class, to see another one of his masterpieces, look no further than the class design of GPS. A quote from someone about the class (GPS)- a special prize for anybody that can guess who it's from:

quote:

this class is like rolith's magnum opus
    bugged to one shot everything but he decided to leave the bug in
    half of the skills don't do what they're supposed to, and all but two of them have hilariously awful intended effects anyway
    Post #: 16
    3/7/2020 4:57:07   
    FMan

Not sure the nerf of CW was needed. Failed to kill the skeleton boss in 1v1 with CW today btw, pretty sure with a good strategy it may be possible, but defenatly underpowered to take the 2 bosses together. ( Also underpowered against bosses who can stun, -60 all, -deff, a boss with a stun move that has a low CD can destroy CW totally) .

Also a very strong point which is said, but must repeat it cause I personally relate a lot - nerfing a paid armor, which has clear weaknesses in a game that other classes don't really suffer from his strengths, only some of the :" pros " community likes it ( claiming that nothing outside the inn is relevant just proves it, there are low lvls/ undergeared people/ underclassed/ people who bought only CW of the paid armors expecting X, getting Y , those who use CW for farming outside the inn etc).

I must say though- really liked the balance of underworld Epoch, and the new challange ( will sit about it later ) , and the new weapons are lit ( got the sword personally, prefer it's cosmetics wise ).

Post #: 17
    3/7/2020 5:11:50   
    BluuHorseOfficial

quote:

Ehm looks like the whine from the "pro" in the community nerfed one great armor.... no one cares about your challanges being too easy for cw , maybe many people used it on quest and grind? and the literrally one best grinding skill was nerfed... nerfing a paid armor in a sp game , this is the only game that can do smt like this... there was only one instance when the devs really nailed it , and that was keeping the old dk v1.0 ... eh good job on making people think twice on buying armor to be later nerfed , and also for inclining more people who cant get some challanges or lvl to use cheats . Very good job keep it up.
    And before someone will say smt about me trolling here are some facts::
    CW is a paid armor , you hyped it up during the story and during the development process. When you officially launched it , it was an awsome class with good dmg and good grinding stats. You let it that way for some weeks , enough for people to buy it , but then after many got the armor , you nerfed it so they will be forced to buy the next armor which will prob be as good as cw v1.0 and then nerf it. How many games got microtransaction armor and then nerf it ? i mean for single player not games like LOL which inbalances the multiplayer game not SP.
    WE should be entitled for a REFUND or for a V1.0 ARMOR . That's if the devs really care about all players not a small vocal number of us.

I don't get it. Why do people assume that the slightet of nerfs make something the literal worst thing in existence? ChaosWeaver is still amazing for grinding and this aspect of the class has not been changed at all. The nerf to Gambit does not prevent you from oneshotting things with Obliterate or Slice, and with an INT build you can still farm tedious things like Voltabolt and Are Rocks Evil?, I was grinding levels just today on a level 30 alt character and I didn't have as much difficulty as you seem to be having, maybe you're doing it wrong. A paid class and a single-player game are not good arguments for rejecting the idea of balance. Just because a game is single-player doesn't mean it shouldn't be unbalanced. Balance is equally important in a single-player game which has a challenge aspect like the Inn so as to make it fair for all people and the developers strive to make it that way. Your opinion on the developers doing a good job is them giving you highly overpowered classes that can obliterate the entirety of the game with no sweat even if you're actually supposed to work hard to beat challenges and get their rewards. Furthermore, if a nerf to a class that doesn't even prevent it from doing what it does best, by which I mean grinding, encourages you to pick up a cheating tool, then you should just not play the game at all, which would be a wise decision for you to make considering how much you disrespect the efforts of the developers in keeping the game fair and balanced, and not making people who can't spend as much on the game feel like they're missing out on a whole lot (besides the DA Package, that's basically just buying the full game). You are not entitled to anything just because you spend some amount of money on a game. The game still gives you a lot for paying it--the ChaosWeaver class is still really, really good, the problem here is players like you--but it also strives to be balanced for those who cannot afford to do so. Also, the developers did not nerf the armor so they can scam people into buying it so they can nerf it later. Don't make false accusations about them. Verlyrus listed the reasons that the class was nerfed in the design notes.

Edited to remove flaming.

< Message edited by San Robin -- 3/7/2020 8:26:39 >
    DF  Post #: 18
    3/7/2020 5:15:16   
    Vikken101

Very happy to see the concept of summon gems being brought back in 2020, very unexpected to say at least. Inn fights on their own seem quite fair, but i can see the duo fight causing a bit of problems for people, in maybe the same degree as ancient duo.

For now, the cw changes seem fair, although some one them i dont really see a point of, like lowering the aegis immo res. I think the e-shred auto stun is gonna be looked at, so we shall see.

As for Uwe, i appreciate that the final is trying something different, its gonna be interesting see how useful its gonna be for strats. Timeshift is kinda strange, but i know its gonna be looked at again, and the idea for the coming version seems interesting.

Good release.
    Post #: 19
    3/7/2020 5:42:07   
    Dratomos
    Helpful!

Great release, I like the board and the fights are challenging. I also agree with @Vikken101, it is great to see Summon Gem's being back on the game. I remember using Roktoru a lot when playing Tomix saga back in 2011. So I guess we'll see Roktoru, Illumina and Ricterild making their return with a new one? Fights are challenging, though Reaver seems to have a higher bonus on some attacks and his stun Undertow seems to ignore immobility resistance. I've been stunned more than once, even with 104 immobility. The duo is also very challenging, but in a nice way.

Also, I love the new board's look. Nice change to the usuals we have.

And CW getting nerfed isn't a big deal for me, it is still very viable option and great for grinding. Underworld Epoch is much more interesting now, I have to test it more to say something about it.

< Message edited by Dratomos -- 3/7/2020 5:43:22 >
    DF AQW  Post #: 20
    3/7/2020 5:43:49   
    TFS
    Helpful!

quote:

his stun Undertow seems to ignore immobility resistance.

Reaver's attacks ignore All resistance, so he's just rolling against your raw Immo res.
    DF  Post #: 21
    3/7/2020 6:28:07   
    BluuHorseOfficial

The change to UWE seems a tad weird to me, because you're technically losing your double turns for your nuke which admittedly does give some good effects, though. I guess this type of nuke would be better suited for the old Timeshift system where you maximized your momentum instantly and it would be balanced out by the 30 turn cooldowns the old Timeshift had, too. Timeshift maximizing your momentum was a pretty cool concept to me actually. Death Resistance is a very cool mechanic considering what the class is based on but imo it would be better suited to Fade than Timeshift. Either way I can't wait to see the final iteration of UWE and I have no doubts that it's going to be great!
    DF  Post #: 22
    3/7/2020 6:43:32   
    Loewe

About the ChW nerfs.

Right now ChW's ability to defeat powerful bosses is completely gutted. Bonus nerf assured that ChW cannot defeat any bosses that have dodge, since unlike other classes ChW cannot defend and wait the shield out.

Immobility nerf is what really ruined ChW right now. I tested it against Augahim who has a 3-hit stun. Out of the 15 times I fought him, the stun got through 13 times, which, again, something ChW simply cannot afford not only because of the %60 extra dmg, but also because you will most likely lose 1 turn of gambit buff. (I also have 50 immobility resist, so it was 150 immobility overall.)

Dmg nerf I won't really comment about. Honestly it's the least of this classes concerns right now and dmg is still quite good overall.

Emp. Shred and Vengence nerfs I just don't get. Verly claimed the reason ChW was nerfed was
    quote:

requiring new challenge fights to have specific abilities to either counteract or shut it down.

I don't see how these 2 skills relate to that at all. Shred nerf is just the cherry on top at this point. MSW's soul banish existed for years now an that thing has a 5-turn cooldown.

ChW is a class that either kills the opponent in 10 turns or dies. If the extra dmg and 0 defensive options from the gambit buff wont get you, the long cooldowns and the lack of soulthreads will. Nerfing a class that dies in 10 turns for killing it's opponent in 8 is ridiculous. If you wish for ChW to be bad in inn challenges, put in more duo fights or longer lasting fights, simple as that. These nerfs are against ChW's playstyle. Dealing high dmg unburdened by stuns or defences, but leaving yourself defenceless in return. As it stands, ChW will still be an amazing class for regular storyline quests, but useless against all inn bosses except the very weakest ones. As an endgame player, this is a dealbreaker for me. I will have to consider twice before buying any future classes.

PS: This month's scythe is probably one of the best looking weapons we ever had. I'm surprised nobody mentioned it.
    Post #: 23
    3/7/2020 6:53:49   
    geomihai

Exactly what i said , the "pro" who dictate how the game should be are the most vocal ones . You know nothing about selling and advertising a a paid product . This armor was a paid one, i paid for an overpowered and i got it .

WHY did the Doomknight v1.0 still exists and a V2.0 replaced the old one only for those that bought it after it was changed? THAT was a moment i respected the devs ! Now , this is unfair and a far cry for what the deva used to be .
    So devs if you read it and want to be fair and get the respect you deserve either give us refund for the armor or make the new one V2.0 and the pre patch one V1.0 and let those who bought it keep it !

< Message edited by San Robin -- 3/7/2020 8:39:36 >
    Post #: 24
    3/7/2020 7:08:29   
    Vikken101

@geomihai
    You dont know what you are talking about at all. Dc and Calendar classes have been nerfed before, you are not entitled to the current state of a class at all. Also i dont appreciate that you Insult the devs.

Boiling it all down "pro players", making the devs change it is dumb, when Verly himself struggled making challenge because of the previous ver of CW and it needed changes. Lots of people gave their fair and reasonable feedback on the class, so excusing that away is close minded. Its also still a really good class.

< Message edited by San Robin -- 3/7/2020 8:38:43 >
    Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= March 6th Design Notes: Arena at the Edge of Time: The Conduit
    Page 1 of 3123>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition