Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= March 7th Design Notes: Weekend Balance Update

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= March 7th Design Notes: Weekend Balance Update
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/7/2020 14:51:40   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

quote:

Verlyrus:
Weekend Balance Update

Hey there, heroes!

It might be the weekend, but that doesn't mean we can't have big adjustments!

Chaosweaver:
  • It seems that many vocal players were unhappy about the relatively minor damage nerfs. As a result, the most visible change has been reverted, while Soul Shred no longer guarantees a stun in exchange.
  • Gambit
  • Soul Boost:
  • Bonus increased back to 200, up from 100.
  • Boost increased back to 175, up from 150.

• Empowered Soul Shred â—¦No longer guarantees a stun.
  • Bonus increased to -75, up from -50.

Underworld Epoch:
  • Timeshift has been reworked yet again.
  • It now begins each quest with a 9 turn cooldown.
  • When used, it will refill all HP and MP, as well as max out your Momentum bar.
  • Timeshift now has a 60 turn cross-battle cooldown.

Pet/Guest Dragon
  • Tickles
  • This skill was doing way too much for one skill.
  • The -Bonus to hit component of this skill has been removed.

Reaver
  • Darkness/All resist bypass has been lowered to 50%, down from 75%.
  • The consecutive hit damage reduction has been reduced to 10% per hit, down from 20%.

Ayauhnqui
  • Boost from Aya Empowered reduced to 10, down from 25.
  • Boost from Hibernation reduced to 15, down from 50.

General
  • Armors cannot be destroyed in quests.
  • If you have a saved armor in your inventory, it will now be equipped when your charaaacter loads.
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed players to use armors they did not own.

That's all for now! As always, your feedback is important to us, and the game is ever-changing and adapting. Thank you for playing and supporting DragonFable.

Tags: Verlyrus

• < Message edited by Gingkage -- 3/7/2020 14:57:29 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
    3/7/2020 15:08:24   
    mds2006

The stun is no longer guaranteed when powered up...? Then what's even the point of the skill existing at all? Might as well replace it with something entirely different then :|
    Post #: 2
    3/7/2020 15:11:46   
      Verlyrus
    DragonFable Boxcat

quote:

The stun is no longer guaranteed when powered up...? Then what's even the point of the skill existing at all? Might as well replace it with something entirely different then :|

Uhm. The blind? a -75 Blind is one of the largest in the game. So if you fight something that resists stuns, you use the empowered shred to blind them.
    AQ MQ  Post #: 3
    3/7/2020 15:13:09   
    geomihai

Thank you indeed , and i appreaciate the effort and the promptly rebalance , the class is good , and it deserves the love to be one of the top tier !
    I was a bit harsh about saying out loud about this being a scam and for that i sincerely, was a bit salty this morning.
    Post #: 4
    3/7/2020 15:17:41   
    mds2006

If it's not even gonna stun anything relevant anymore than it's just a waste of a soulthread. At least if the Empower requirement for the status was also removed it would make some sense i guess :l
    Post #: 5
    3/7/2020 15:23:50   
    Ultima29

@geomihai

CW was stronger with the auto stun and the lower boost in the last iteration rather than the current iteration. We lost a huge utility for a small amount of damage back .
    Post #: 6
    3/7/2020 15:30:33   
    RobynJoanne

To be fair, an autostun on such an offensive-oriented class was generally considered quite unfair. The huge bonus debuff was only the icing on the cake. Still, the auto stun was much more powerful than the current -75 bonus debuff.
    Post #: 7
    3/7/2020 16:52:36   
    Loewe

Wow ChW got even worse when I wasn't looking. I have to admit, these changes along with this quote

quote:

It seems that many vocal players were unhappy about the relatively minor damage nerfs. As a result, the most visible change has been reverted, while Soul Shred no longer guarantees a stun in exchange.

from the design notes feels like these last changes is verly proving a point than anything else. Though if they are legit, well guess thats all folks!
    Post #: 8
    3/7/2020 17:10:29   
    Vikken101

@loewe

From this comment and your last one, i get the impression that you think cw is suddenly useless for inn challenges now. This is clearly not the case, the auto stun we knew it was on the chopping block for a while now, so its not really surprising. Even Verly himself said that now that auto stuns are gone, he dont have to take it into consideration when designing Inn challenges, which is nice. Its has only really gotten weaker for the strongest single fight and some of the duo's. And yeah i agree with Verly's statement, the reaction to the damage nerf was was overblown. He did not slight you by nerfing the auto stun instead when this was the part of cw that most have complained about being OP in the class. The damage makes it so the class design is still intact, without the strangeness auto stun brought to inn balancing.
    Post #: 9
    3/7/2020 17:30:08   
    TFS
    Helpful!

Removing the autostun was the best possible course of action and probably what should have just been done in the first place IMO. The autostun isn't really useful at all in casual questing where everything can be stunned anyway, but was really gross in challenge fights, which the people who'd object to nerfs wouldn't really care about anyway. I think this is a change that should make everyone happy.

I will say that I do feel like the backlash against Friday's changes was way, way overblown. None of the changes actually affected any of Chaosweaver's capabilities (in either Inn or questing) in any meaningful way; calling it a nerf would be an exaggeration as literally nothing relevant was actually changed. It almost feels like the people complaining didn't read or just didn't comprehend the changelog posted in the DNs, as there was literally nothing to complain about. I feel like the objection was more to the concept of """nerfing""" Chaosweaver and not to the actual changes, as, again, there was literally nothing to complain about if you had actually read what the changes were.

< Message edited by TFS -- 3/7/2020 17:32:33 >
    DF  Post #: 10
    3/7/2020 17:37:56   
    Loewe

@Vikken101

I don't think ChW is useless for inn challenges because of the loss of autostun. I think it's useless for the majority of the inn challenges because of the nerf to Aegis' immobility resist. I think I said this in my previous post. I also never said that the autostun nerf was unfair, especially since verly said

quote:

Unfortunately, Chaosweaver has proven to be entirely too powerful, requiring new challenge fights to have specific abilities to either counteract or shut it down.

I understand that this kind of powerful skill may cause problems with challenge design and agree with the resoning behind this nerf. The reason I commented on the nerf wasn't to disagree with it, but to point out that the timing of the nerf, along with the sentence I mentioned in my previous post, made it seem like this is verly taking a stand rather than an actual change designed to balance the class. I also agree with verly's statement about the reaction to the dmg nerf being overblown. My previous post also said

quote:

Dmg nerf I won't really comment about. Honestly it's the least of this classes concerns right now and dmg is still quite good overall.

The dmg numbers were still perfectly fine even with the nerf. My point wasn't ANY of these things. My points were, in summary:

1. Nerf to Aegis' immobility is absolutely unacceptable and takes away ChW's best defensive option.

2. Dodging enemies isn't something ChW can play around without outside support due to 'kill fast or die' style of the class. As such, this nerf could either be undone, or be compensated by giving another skill 'gives 100 bonus for 3 turns' or something along those lines, however this isn't really vital due to the rarity of such enemies.

3. Nerfs to vengence's health resist and Shred's - bonus had nothing to do with verly's reason for the nerf and seemed a little too much, especially with how much ChW got nerfed already.

@TFS

quote:

Removing the autostun was the best possible course of action and probably what should have just been done in the first place IMO. The autostun isn't really useful at all in casual questing where everything can be stunned anyway, but was really gross in challenge fights, which the people who'd object to nerfs wouldn't really care about anyway. I think this is a change that should make everyone happy.

I agree. I think I wasn't very clear in my first post since Vikken101 also said the same thing but I think I cleared that up with my previous post.

quote:

None of the changes actually affected any of Chaosweaver's capabilities (in either Inn or questing) in any meaningful way; calling it a nerf would be an exaggeration as literally nothing relevant was actually changed.

I disagree. Let me explain my reasoning:

When you are fighting against an enemy that has a predetermined stun the next turn, almost every other class reacts the same way. They use their shield and dodge it. ChW isn't capable of this for obvious reasons, which means that, for all intends and purposes, ChW has no answer to an enemy that is about to stun him, (unless you forego using gambit the entire fight for the explicit purpose of dodging said stun with Shred, which isn't really a viable tactic). While I'm not certain how the immobility resist works, I tested it against Augahim, who has a 3-hit stun, which is a low amount of hits for an inn challenge. I fought him 15 times, the stun went through 13 times. While I might have gotten particularly unlucky, It doesnt really feel fair to have other shields effective against all stuns while Aegis is only effective against some of them, especially since ChW can't afford to lose any of it's gambit buffed turns due to it being a 'kill fast or die' class with limited resources.

Please do not double post, as it is considered spam. ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 3/7/2020 19:22:59 >
    Post #: 11
    3/7/2020 18:02:09   
    Marthe

A Saturday update is a very quick turnaround time for feedback, especially with how much has been changed here. I would like to (once again) extend my thanks to Verlyrus for his dedication to the game, especially considering it's the weekend.

Now, as everyone seems to be commenting on the Chaosweaver changes (again), I'm only going to spend a few sentences on my opinion. I was part of the group that didn't initially believe Chaosweaver was in particular need of a nerf; however, I recognize that if it was causing Verlyrus difficulties in challenge design, then no one else has any room to comment on whether or not they think it was fine, or wasn't that bad, or should just be left as-is and ignored. The kind of statements being made yesterday in the update thread were completely inappropriate and demeaning to the devs, which was why I did not participate in the discussion. In the end, I'm fairly indifferent towards the class itself, but I agree that the reaction was entirely overblown and quite frankly just rude. Being upset is no reason to take leave of your senses.

Now, onto the entire rest of the post, which nobody seems to be discussing yet. The nerfs to Reaver and Ayauhnqui are quite noticeable, but I do think they make sense. This is largely because of the difficulty of the duo. When everyone who beat it was throwing Kathool Adept at it (usually with food), that might be a sign that the classes that can defeat it are a bit too limited. I look forward to trying different strategies against them, as I personally dislike using KAA.

As for Underworld Epoch, I think the newest Timeshift change is excellent. Death resist was rather confusing and not worth it, but this version seems quite useful and synergistic with the rest of the class. I'll have to test it out myself some more to see exactly how powerful it is - my first impression upon considering the skill is that it's quite powerful, but I'll reserve further judgement. (I'm mentally comparing it with Archivist's Celestia, which serves a somewhat similar function, but that may be a false equivalency.)

I don't know how I feel about the Dragon Tickles nerf. In retrospect, I would agree that it was indeed doing a lot for one skill. However, I'm not certain removing the blind was the best option - personally, I would have thought removing the -Boost would be better. Nevertheless, it is what it is. As the main reason I was using the skill was for the blind, I'm personally swapping to Magic instead of continuing with Mischief (especially with a -100 Immo stun being useless against 300 Immo enemies, like the latest ones). I'm sure that the other parts of the skill are still valuable, however, and are perfectly useful in many scenarios. (For example, I would still take it against Sepulchure when playing a class without -All.)

Oh, and as for the Challenger Gauntlet change ... well, I suppose I could have another go at it with my main class, now. It might not take half an hour to get to the final boss, which would do wonders for my mental health.
    DF  Post #: 12
    3/7/2020 18:17:33   
    TFS
    Helpful!

quote:

I disagree. Let me explain my reasoning:

When you are fighting against an enemy that has a predetermined stun the next turn, almost every other class reacts the same way. They use their shield and dodge it. ChW isn't capable of this for obvious reasons, which means that, for all intends and purposes, ChW has no answer to an enemy that is about to stun him, (unless you forego using gambit the entire fight for the explicit purpose of dodging said stun with Shred, which isn't really a viable tactic). While I'm not certain how the immobility resist works, I tested it against Augahim, who has a 3-hit stun, which is a low amount of hits for an inn challenge. I fought him 15 times, the stun went through 13 times. While I might have gotten particularly unlucky, It doesnt really feel fair to have other shields effective against all stuns while Aegis is only effective against some of them, especially since ChW can't afford to lose any of it's gambit buffed turns due to it being a 'kill fast or die' class with limited resources.

That's where the strategizing aspect comes in. If you know your enemy is going to try and stun you and know that a stun is going to cost you valuable turns, wait until after it tries to stun you before using Gambit and sacrificing your ability to resist stuns.

Furthermore, Aegis + Gambit is still going to leave you at a net +40 Immobility. With your Immobility resistance from speccing to END, Empowered Aegis is going to give you a net 80 Immobility resistance, while Gambit is up, even if you don't have any items equipped; you probably just got really unlucky and/or weren't using any items lol. Another thing to keep in mind is that Augahim in particular also inflicts -100 All resistance upon his targets the turn before he attempts to stun them, just to ensure the stun actually lands; you may have gotten hit with that while attempting your testing.

But, again, since this is a largely pointless change and it doesn't really affect the class either way, I'm certainly not claiming that the +300 Immobility resistance was overpowered and deserved to be nerfed. You're going to be stunproof either way, so it doesn't really matter. I think because you chose to test this against the one monster in the entire game that shatters your resistances before attempting to stun, the data you're pulling from is probably skewed. If Augahim was the only monster you tested against and you just assumed every attempt to resist a stun would end up like that, your reaction is definitely understandable and reasonable - it's the data that led you to that conclusion that's flawed.

< Message edited by TFS -- 3/7/2020 18:18:42 >
    DF  Post #: 13
    3/7/2020 19:10:17   
    Loewe

quote:

Another thing to keep in mind is that Augahim in particular also inflicts -100 All resistance upon his targets the turn before he attempts to stun them, just to ensure the stun actually lands; you may have gotten hit with that while attempting your testing.

...Whoops.

Well this is embarrassing. The worst part is that I KNOW that Augahim's rock throwing skill inflicts -100 All. I think when I saw verly nerfing immobility, I just assumed it had significance and when my skewed testing got ridiculous results, I panicked and completely forgot about the fact that -All effects immobility as well as dmg resistances. I tested it again against Vaal's stun and the 'complete stun immunity unless got hit with -All' statement seems to be absolutely correct. Guess this is what I get for not doing proper testing!
    Post #: 14
    3/7/2020 19:51:31   
      DemonicDarkwraith

ArchKnight DragonFable

My thoughts on this update:

Killing the autostun is best choice for balancing Chaosweaver due to the fact that it is so degenerate against certain challenges. To be fair, I was super fine with Chaosweaver aside from the autostun, but I understand that it is causing many difficulties on the challenge design as before this month's Inn release, all we have gotten was grindy 1v1s, which most of them were really easy. Hence why people's reactions to its changes on yesterday's update were really not nice. To this end, I stand that Friday's changes were really overblown and not much of a nerf IMO.

As for the rest, Underworld Epoch getting its Timeshift changed is really nice as you essentially get Pyro's Rebirth and maximum Momentum compared to Deathproof ala Chaosweaver/Wind Orb Drakath/Bound Fate, which was not worth it of consuming 6 Momentum and losing your extra turns in the end of the day.

The changes for the certain challenges is also nice as I want to experiment with other classes to beat the recent duo instead of mashing my head with a powerful class like Kathool Adept, which I admit, I used it to beat the duo and I am not happy with it as it is my least favorite class to use. As for changes to the Challenger Gauntlet, it is also nice as classes can stun the enemies aside from Swole Verly so easily.

As for Dragon, I am conflicted about the Tickles nerf since -Bonus saved my life a couple times. I understand why Tickles was really powerful as it was doing too much and that -Bonus itself is very powerful as it can make a difference. I think that bringing back the -Bonus, but nerfing it or bringing back old -Bonus, but remove the -Boost as Marthe suggested are the best solutions to the Tickles problem, but I'll reserve any further judgment. Guess I'll use 200 Magic for my characters in place on Mischief despite its niche on certain challenges like dealing with Seppy's increasing All res with classes that does not have -All skill like RW.

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 3/7/2020 22:12:24 >
    DF  Post #: 15
    3/7/2020 20:06:36   
    Doomful Lord

I personally would like an evade, even minor like 50, on like soul slice with an empowered with probably a lower crit or lowered damage... but I'm also bad at the game. I just feel like when I use soul slice I'm giving up a turn for some RNG damage. Thats really the only skill I don't like, the balances as they are, are fine and dandy. Someone else would definitely have a better viewpoint on this than me, but maybe my thought can be useful.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
    3/7/2020 20:36:40   
    BluuHorseOfficial

Soul Slice gives you +50 Crit, though.
    DF  Post #: 17
    3/7/2020 22:01:33   
    Guchi

I think the -Bonus of the pet dragon's Tickles skill should not be removed. Though it is a fact that it does a lot in a single skill, I think it also serves as a sort of defense for heavy offensive classes that do not inflict any -Bonus debuffs. Also, as your level gets higher, the Bonus of enemies scales as well making some -Bonus debuff skill of some armors useless and the Tickles pet dragon skill is the only way to remediate this

As for the ChaosWeaver changes, while I don't own it, I think I would give my stand that it should not be nerfed especially it is a paid armor? I understand that it is a heavy-offensive class and a lot of players think that it is powerful but nerfing it and removing unique effects such as the auto-stun or guaranteed stun would make it typical and cannot glorify on its own. Like any other classes, Chaosweaver does not seem to be a class for all purposes since there are Inn Challenges that require specific approach and Chaosweaver would not be appropriate in these challenges.

My example would be Sepulchure Inn Challenge. I used Pirate armor in this battle because I think that Sepulchure would be defensive/endurance approach. Chaosweaver would not be appropriate in this instance because it lacks defensive skills since it is a hardcore offensive armor so I guess it still makes sense that the changes to Chaosweavers should be reverted back from the way it was. A lot of players have been complaining when the changes happened. Back then, it seemed players were OK from what Chaosweaver has been doing

Posts merged. Please do not double post. ~San Robin

< Message edited by San Robin -- 3/8/2020 8:19:06 >
    Post #: 18
    3/7/2020 23:53:15   
      Verlyrus
    DragonFable Boxcat

quote:

I think I would give my stand that it should not be nerfed especially it is a paid armor?

I disagree. The game is always evolving and changing, and it only makes sense that everything should still work in the system. Just because something is slightly weaker does not make it useless. If I had made Chaosweaver totally unviable, I'd understand some of the outrage. But a 9% damage nerf on the max combo (2625, down from 2888, assuming 100 base damage, and NOT including stat damage), is nowhere near apocalyptic. Nor is removing an overpowered mechanic from it that made any future designs center around it.

quote:

Chaosweaver does not seem to be a class for all purposes since there are Inn Challenges that require specific approach and Chaosweaver would not be appropriate in these challenges.

While Chaosweaver does not trivialize every challenge, it creates the same issue that DoomKnight V1 had, where I have to specifically design fights to counter Chaosweaver. This ends up limiting enemy design as well as what other classes can complete the challenge effectively. I'd rather hit a couple of aspects of Chaosweaver than outright ban it from challenges.

quote:

removing unique effects such as the auto-stun or guaranteed stun would make it typical and cannot glorify on its own.

Um. I know you said you don't own it, but Chaosweaver's playstyle is incredibly unique and powerful. It did not solely depend on a guaranteed 1 turn stun to be effective or unique.

quote:

Though it is a fact that it does a lot in a single skill, I think it also serves as a sort of defense for heavy offensive classes that do not inflict any -Bonus debuffs.

There are other options for this through trinkets, or other damage mitigation tools that those classes have. It also provided a very strong blind for defensive classes who could abuse it even further. In other words, there was no occasion where 200 Mischief was not "optimal". To introduce more variety in strategy and builds, I therefore removed the blind.

< Message edited by Verlyrus -- 3/8/2020 0:10:15 >
    AQ MQ  Post #: 19
    3/8/2020 1:42:13   
    Guchi

Hi again Verlyrus, thanks for your reply on my post.

quote:

I disagree. The game is always evolving and changing, and it only makes sense that everything should still work in the system. Just because something is slightly weaker does not make it useless. If I had made Chaosweaver totally unviable, I'd understand some of the outrage. But a 9% damage nerf on the max combo (2625, down from 2888, assuming 100 base damage, and NOT including stat damage), is nowhere near apocalyptic. Nor is removing an overpowered mechanic from it that made any future designs center around it.

I guess it's understood in this way. I don't know for the other players especially those who own Chaowsweaver. While I've seen players doing massive damage using Chaosweaver, I guess it's already up to them to make necessary adjustments with their build. Soul Gambit buffs are still powerful regardless.

quote:

Um. I know you said you don't own it, but Chaosweaver's playstyle is incredibly unique and powerful. It did not solely depend on a guaranteed 1 turn stun to be effective or unique.

I think so, but I've read in a separate thread that they pitied for the loss of the guaranteed stun. Maybe because they have to adjust their skill rotation in this sense. A guaranteed stun is quite unique for me as it creates strategy for skills rotation. Since I don't own it, that's not much of a problem for me heh

quote:

There are other options for this through trinkets, or other damage mitigation tools that those classes have. It also provided a very strong blind for defensive classes who could abuse it even further. In other words, there was no occasion where 200 Mischief was not "optimal". To introduce more variety in strategy and builds, I therefore removed the blind.

I suppose this will be the way from now on but maybe there would be a lot of ways to overcome these changes to the Tickles pet dragon skill especially there are other options out there.
    Post #: 20
    3/8/2020 4:55:28   
    FMan

Nice balance at UE hope it will stay. Also thx for explaining the tickles, I really liked it though .

About CW- if we could get our immobility resist back to 300, it would be great, gambit is 4 turns buff, 8 turns debuff, its not a good idea to wait 5 turns unbuffed while cant protect ourselves, it really harms CW this way, a tier 3 that totally underpowered at those situation. Yes, CW kills fast, but it also gets killed fast if it doesnt succeed, someone said it earlier, kills in 8 turns, but dies in 10 ( not exact numbers at any challange, but the idea is understood I guess ), and can't waste 5 turns unprotected without damage and without the immobility resist option for bosses who stun, it makes him very underpowered to almost unplayable at those situations.

Also is it possible to remove the soul thread consumption at shread? Its really doesnt worth the thread with a class that cant dodge with gambit anyway, and removing the auto stun pretty much killed the skill. Though I think it is possible to keep the soulthread, but make an effect which will actually be usefull to CW ( like -50 boost for 2 turns or so ).

And still, even full buffed cw wont do well in the latest challange, not sure it was needed the nerf that class, yes it kills fast, but in the end of the challange CW is either dead, or when winning almost dead, so it wasnt really OP, but it did counter bosses like pride/ engineer , bosses who get troublesome as the fight drags longer, which made it look OP, it was really good at this year idea of mechanics ( except for the latest one ofc , which there its underpowered ).

And guys who are against nerfing things and closing options to the community- where were you, your opinion was missing, it's really important to give a feedback, even a short one so the devs will have a better idea of the situation, and not always will listen to the pro nerfs guys who keep closing options to the community.

gotta update the set of skills of Underworld Epoch in the forum viki, when he uses the eraglass trinket.

Posts merged. Please do not double post. ~San Robin

< Message edited by San Robin -- 3/8/2020 8:18:23 >
    Post #: 21
    3/8/2020 7:20:40   
    BluuHorseOfficial

The Pedia gets updated when something is officially released, which at the moment, UWE is not.
    DF  Post #: 22
    3/8/2020 7:55:42   
    TFS
    Helpful!

The DNs say that UWE is basically finalized barring small tweaks. I already have an entry drafted but am waiting for said tweaks to take place before I submit it, as I can't edit that part of the Epoch entry and requesting that someone update the entry more than once would be cumbersome, especially when we know that there will be minor changes soon.

< Message edited by TFS -- 3/8/2020 8:04:23 >
    DF  Post #: 23
    3/8/2020 8:48:56   
    mahasamatman

The autostun was much more important to the CW than the tiny 25% difference in boos between 150 and 175. It made a huge difference in many, many battle, and personally, since it's 1 turn I don't think it was too much.
    Now that it's just a stun skill, can it at least be 2-turn?

AND BLIND DOES NOTHING because your'e on Gambit almost all the time.

On another note, Tickles was quite amazing, but is now definitely lackluster. -10 all and -20 boost is barely noticeable. Maybe remove the boost instead of the blind?

His followers called him Mahasamatman, and claimed he was a god.
    He never claimed to be a god, but then, he never claimed not to be a god.
    Circumstances being what they were, neither admission could be of any benefit.
    Silence, though, could.
    DF  Post #: 24
    3/8/2020 10:09:36   
    BluuHorseOfficial

1 free turn of damage on a hyper-offensive class is a pretty big deal and I 100% agree with the nerf to the auto-stun. The nerf to Immobility makes you warier of incoming stuns and makes you prepare yourself with the proper gear required for it. Gambit + eAegis yields a net 40 Immobility Resistance, this is still very strong and may help you hit 101 Immo with your generic BiS All Resist build or Slimy Necklace. If I'm being quite honest, 300 Immobility resistance wasn't entirely necessary. With Gambit and pre-nerf Aegis up you would have 240 Immobility Resistance, which is unnecessarily excessive, and you wouldn't have to worry about -All effects causing you to be vulnerable to stuns (the actual increase in damage due to the -All wouldn't matter either because of the death resistance) because the highest -All skills in the Inn go down to -100, leaving you at 140 Immobility Resistance from skills (and furthermore from stats), which was already strong enough to resist stuns even under said effect. The nerf to Immobility offered by Aegis prevents the player from being able to completely bypass Stuns encourages the player to Gambit only when they are safe from Stun skills and thus prevents the player from being able to completely ignore the challenge mechanics and as such, I am happy with this change. Lastly, Empowered Vengeance inflicts a net +30 Healing Resistance on the enemy as opposed to a net +50, which is also a change I am fond of, as causing the enemy to take only half of their actual healing with a pretty good uptime on such a hyper-offensive class can be a tad too strong in places that it matters and at the end of the day, the enemy is still healing less while you deal more damage to it within the same skill alone, so Vengeance is still a strong skill. How I see these changes is that many of them don't matter in everyday scenarios. Chaosweaver is still excellent at grinding and uncontested at Voltabolt farming, except by perhaps DoomKnight v1. Even in the Inn, it is still very good against many of the solo challenges, such as the C7 board, Exaltia Tower, and AARGH, but may struggle with the duo and trio challenges, as would be intended, of course. It should still be able to do them with food and/or potions, though.

Overall, I think that the earlier version of ChaosWeaver (version 9 if you count the various testing iterations!) was strong in the sense that it bypassed or ignored several challenge mechanics and gave you quite a big edge over them, whereas the current ChaosWeaver (version 11 if you count yesterday's iteration) doesn't bypass mechanics as nonchalantly while still retaining its identity as a class cannon. Of course, in the way that classes and challenges are designed, you may find that certain classes are able to bypass the mechanics of certain challenges (or rather, use them to their advantage), such as Technomancer's -All making it easier to nuke Sepulchure and its Drive Boost making the Mana Leech DoT actually favorable, as well as KAA's attacks mostly consisting of only one hit working around Reaver's damage reduction and its shield matching up with Ayahnqui's rotation, making these classes especially compatible for such challenges. This is completely fine and enforces the purpose of the Inn: to find a class or strategy that helps you tackle a given challenge in the best possible way. It only turns sour when a given class has this effect on several challenges instead of select ones that skews a lot of fights in its favor, and this was aptly addressed by the changes. I had no doubts in Verly's ability to bring about the best compromise between fun and strong and I'm very happy with these changes.

On the topic of Tickles, I feel that the nerf actually encourages people to try out different stat builds for different challenges. You'll have to judge the mechanics of the challenge such as whether or not the bosses can be stunned or if you need the -All Resistance debuff, or your class' nuke strength, before you invest points into your Dragon and this allows for more build diversity. -60 BtH was quite strong and allowed you to patch up holes in your defenses, but a small part of me hopes that the -Boost component of the skill gets buffed from -20% to -25% to kinda make up for the loss of the -BtH, but that's just me.

< Message edited by BluuHorseOfficial -- 3/8/2020 11:37:40 >

[Falcon’s Nest DragonFable Discord]
    DF  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= March 7th Design Notes: Weekend Balance Update
    Page 1 of 212>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition