Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Which z-token package to get for character

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Which z-token package to get for character
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/17/2020 20:37:34   
TimeSeer

I wanted some suggestions on which of the items in the 7500, 20000, and 50000 z token package is worth buying for this character.

https://aq.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=24890300

im only looking to get 2 (or maybe 3) token packages.

Is the new Legion Paragon Fiend Mount worth it? I've been dying to get rid of the High Oracle's Taladosian Robes for years. Is getting the full set worth it also? I was maybe thinking about only getting the armor but can someone explain to me if the full set is best used together?

I was also considering Blood Contract (or maybe not because of the new element boosting miscs that have come out lately ex: Frostgale's Remorse), Frigid devouring scythe, and Buffalot Beach Bod

I dont know much about Frigid devouring scythe, but i heard its armor can do insane damage. Is it good for a warrior? Hopefully someone can answer my questions. :)

Edit: Also, is Ramssy or Chilly worth it? But I dont know how it will work because I have 0 CHA.

< Message edited by TimeSeer -- 3/17/2020 20:40:27 >
AQ  Post #: 1
3/17/2020 21:00:44   
joac1144

- Buffalot Beach Bod should probably be your first and best choice.

- You already have Dunamis, so Ramssy and Chilly are just overkill at this point and should only be considered if there's nothing from the other packages that you want. They do work perfectly fine with 0 CHA.

- Legion Paragon Fiend Mount is not very good at the moment. However, it will get 2 skills (1 for mounted and 1 for unmounted) later this week (hopefully). The armor is decent, don't get me wrong, but it's currently a clone of Griffinrider Mount and Graverider Mount but with a lower elecomp (lower damage in unmounted mode). If the 2 skills are good, it might be a much better choice than it currently is.
The weapon and shield of the Legion Paragon Fiend set are not very good. They are actually quite useless unless you want to use them because of their designs - at least in my opinion and many others'. Some people might argue that they are good.

- Blood Contract is still a good choice since it doesn't cost SP and it boosts your damage by 1.2 multiplicative, while new booster items boost your damage additively (multiplicative is often better than additively).

- Airenal's Lance is a good choice since you already have both Thernda pet/guest. Lord of The Skies (built-in armor) has one of the strongest skills in the game.

Conclusion:
Priority 1: Buffalot Beach Bod
Priority 2: Airenal's Lance

Then wait for Legion Paragon Fiend Mount's update and see which skills it'll get.
If nothing else is interesting, choose Blood Contract.

EDIT: For the Frigid D Scythe, it has a quite powerful skill, but I feel like you have to really try to utilize it well before it is worth it. Someone else has to say more about this, as I have not invested time in figuring out a good way of using it yet.

< Message edited by joac1144 -- 3/17/2020 21:09:24 >
AQ  Post #: 2
3/20/2020 20:07:33   
TimeSeer

Thanks for the reply. I just got buffalot beach bod. still indecisive between the 50$ packages though.

Anyways is Airenal's lance really needed when there is Axemaster's Burden? Im not so sure of the numbers but the Axemaster armor seems very strong.

Hopefully someone else who has Legion Paragon Fiend mount and Frigid Devouring Scythe can tell me if they are worth getting?

Edit: btw can you show me the formulas/numbers on how blood contract's multiplicative is better than the element damage boosting miscs? Im not sure I really understand.

< Message edited by TimeSeer -- 3/20/2020 20:33:22 >
AQ  Post #: 3
3/21/2020 8:55:56   
joac1144

quote:

Anyways is Airenal's lance really needed when there is Axemaster's Burden? Im not so sure of the numbers but the Axemaster armor seems very strong.

This site is a really good guide to almost everything in the game. It has this skill power ranking page where you can compare different skills to each other. Lord of The Skies has a multiplier of 10.1045, while Axemaster's Burden only has 3.33. LoTS also has good Earth resistance, so it can be used against Earth monsters without worrying (too much) about defence. LoTS is a lot better than Axemaster's Burden.

quote:

Hopefully someone else who has Legion Paragon Fiend mount and Frigid Devouring Scythe can tell me if they are worth getting?

I do have both myself. You should definitely just wait for LPFM's update regardless of which other packages you might be interested in.
The thing about Frigid Devouring Scythe's built-in armor, The Galin's Hatred, is that its strong attack is only good if the monster is inflicted with The Cold. For this to happen, you must first use the armor's other skill. This means you have to spend a turn inflicting The Cold for then be able to do high damage the next round. This can definitely be utilized using Purple Rain. But at this point, since it requires Purple Rain to be used most efficiently, you might just be better off with the non-premium Horo-Show Void Vigilante (also high power ranking, see link above).

quote:

Edit: btw can you show me the formulas/numbers on how blood contract's multiplicative is better than the element damage boosting miscs? Im not sure I really understand.

I recommend reading some of the things on this page to get a better understanding of how some of the mechanics in the game work. This page guides you through how to calculate your damage. You can use it to see the difference between additive and multiplicative damage boost. Just use your own numbers.

< Message edited by joac1144 -- 3/21/2020 11:29:41 >
AQ  Post #: 4
3/21/2020 13:23:13   
TimeSeer

I know about that process with the Devouring Scythe as I saw videos on it and I don't really mind. Didn't see the numbers on the galin ice armor on that page btw. The thing is I'm not really a fan of the resistances/look of Horo-show that much. I'll see what ill do.

and thanks for the help. I got Airenal's lance and Blood Contract. I can see that they are very well worth it.
AQ  Post #: 5
3/23/2020 9:36:17   
TimeSeer

I believe the Paragon Fiend Mount was just updated now.

Whats your opinion on this?: from info submission

quote:

Additions to the Paragon Fiend Mount armour!

Also has two skills, one when mounted, one when dismounted.

Mounted uses weapon for element and damage type and is a 3-hit weapon-based skill. Costs 100% Melee in SP if using Melee/Ranged, or 75% Melee in SP if using Magic. The skill does 200% damage as a base (still follows armour lean for this), and then pays 50.575% Melee out of its damage (so for Melee/Ranged it pays 50.575/1.25/2 = 20.23% of the total skill damage, Magic pays /0.75 = 26.9733...% to achieve the same effect) to attempt a -(25*MobEleRes*Hits/3)% damage Choke on the foe for 4 turns. EleRes is determined by the most recent hit that was attempted. This is on a 50% save and inflicts with (STR/DEX/INT for Melee/Ranged/Magic)/LUK, mob resists with END/LUK.

The dismounted skill uses weapon for damage type, but is locked to Energy, and is a 2-hit spell-based skill. Costs 100% Melee in SP if using Melee/Ranged, or 125% Melee in SP if using Magic. Skill does 200% damage base, and is not affected by armour lean. It then pays 30% Melee to attempt a -15 MRM DefLoss on the foe for (Hits*2) turns. +4.25 BtH is worth 5% Melee, /0.85 due to the hit rate of the inflict attempt makes it +5 BtH, and 50% save means 1 turn of -5 MRM is worth 2.5% Melee, so 1 turn of -15 MRM is worth 7.5%, and max 4 turns makes that 30%. Is on a 50% save, uses the same inflict/resist stats as the mounted skill. Both Melee/Ranged and Magic versions of the skill pay the same damage, the difference is in the higher SP costs on the Magic version.

< Message edited by TimeSeer -- 3/23/2020 9:40:54 >
AQ  Post #: 6
3/23/2020 17:30:09   
joac1144

If you're into using those kind of skills, then it's pretty good. I am myself not a big fan of the skills it got, since they don't fit in any of my characters/builds.
However, seeing that you also have some of the Mason Forms, LPFM might be a good choice for you. Its Choke skill can be imbued by the Masons, so it gets the effect from both.
AQ  Post #: 7
3/25/2020 18:52:09   
TimeSeer

Thanks for the help. I see what you are talking about now. The choke effect from mason armors stacked with LPFM brings the monsters' effectiveness to near zero. That's pretty good.
AQ  Post #: 8
3/25/2020 19:12:21   
joac1144

No problem.
Just a side note to the Choke thing... The Choke text is currently bugged. The Choke is actually 100 times higher than what it shows. So if it shows 0.05%, it's actually 5%. This bug came along when the new status system came out recently.
AQ  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Which z-token package to get for character
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition