Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Lore: Anima

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Lore: Anima
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/7/2020 4:19:44   
Primate Murder

In the most recent Cray quest, the undead were inflicted with "Anima Disrupted" effect. I think there was a post describing what excatly anima was at some point, but I can't find it, so...

- What exactly is anima? Is it some kind of a soul energy that people are born with? Where does it come from?

- When necromancers animate undead, do they create anima or move it from somewhere else? Are there other uses for anima outside of necromancy?

- I think I heard at some point that undead have negative anima, is that true? What about vampires and werepyres/dracopyres?

Thanks!
AQ DF  Post #: 1
4/7/2020 5:48:25   
Ryu Draco

I imagine we,ll get more info are the paladin and necromancer classes are expanded
AQ  Post #: 2
4/7/2020 13:59:26   
red vector

As I understand it:
- It's something like life/soul energy and how it moves/flows within the body
- They reverse the anima. Paladins do the opposite
- I believe so, see above point. Vamps and vamp-hybrids probably have something similar
Keep in mind, I am no expert on this stuff. I may have gotten something wrong.
AQ AQW  Post #: 3
4/10/2020 12:56:01   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

As Truth would tell you in a rare occasion of being truthful, the soul is the essence of life. Be it biotic or necrotic, life must have a soul in order to endure - It's not lightly that Forsaken are called, and constantly feel, doomed.

In physical beings, their identity is where the material and ethereal intersects, each shaping the other. How the ethereal benefits the physical before the moment of death varies wildly, while the reverse is ongoing growth and sustenance. The act of living grows and restores the constituent energy of the soul: Anima.

This energy has a charge, with positive anima being the evolutionary path of least resistance for biotic life while negative anima is a consequence of most forms of undeath. This is why even older forms of necromancy lost to Lorian magi can manipulate necrotic lifeforms with negative anima; the overlap is almost complete.

Now, this in turn leads to a number of question. How these charges interact, how corporeal undead do differ from necrotic life, whether or not the living could make active use of their Anima like incorporeal beings do... And, of course, how this energy behaves. Particles? Waves? The screams of frustrated physicists?

Stay tuned.
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Lore: Anima
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition