The Root (Extreme)
Location: The Final Lock -> Battle! Extreme
Level: As player
Damage Type: Melee
Experience rewarded: Scaled
Gold rewarded: Scaled
Melee: 20 * Level/90 + LUK/20
Pierce: 20 * Level/90 + LUK/20
Magic: 20 * Level/90 + LUK/20
Block: 20 * Level/90
Parry: 20 * Level/90
Dodge: 20 * Level/90
Bonus: 5 + Level/5
Attack Type 1 - The Root (Extreme) douses its target with a cloud of poison for 2 hits of 100% Poison damage, totalling 200% damage; applies 'Toxic Vapor' (-150* Melee/Pierce/Magic Avoidance, -25% Boost) to target for 4 turns inclusive.
Attack Type 2 - The Root (Extreme) tangles its target in threads for 7 hits of 20% Good damage, totalling 140% damage; applies 'Squeezed', a stacking Melee Good DoT effect, to target for 20 turns, reapplying each turn;
- The Root (Extreme) will only use this attack type if any of the player's Avoidance or Defense values are greater than The Root (Extreme)'s Bonus less 20.
Attack Type 3 - The Root (Extreme) drips acid on its target for 3 hits of 50% Good damage, totalling 150% damage; applies 'Corrosion' (-25 All Resist, +50 Health Resist) to target for 3 turns inclusive.
- First stack applies a 25% DoT effect. (Pop-up: The Root attempts to trap you in its threads!)
- Second stack applies a 50% DoT effect. (Pop-up: The threads squeeze tighter!)
- Third stack applies a 100% DoT effect. (Pop-up: The threads squeeze tighter!)
- Fourth stack applies a 150% DoT effect. (Pop-up: The threads squeeze tighter!)
- Fifth stack applies a 200% DoT effect. (Pop-up: The threads squeeze tighter!)
- Sixth stack and thereafter applies a 250% DoT effect each turn; applies 'Entangled' to target, stunning it for 1 turn each turn. (Pop-up: The threads are making it hard for you to move.)
Attack Type 4 - The Root (Extreme) covers its target in spores for 4 hits of 30% Good damage, totalling 120% damage; applies 'Blinding Spores' (-75 Bonus) to target for 3 turns.
Attack Type 5 - The Root (Extreme) drains its target's energy for 5 hits of 30% Fear damage, totalling 150% damage; if the previous hit connects, recovers HP equal to the value of the previous hit's damage with the subsequent hit.
Attack Type 6 - The Root (Extreme) blasts its target with energy for 17 hits of 20% Energy damage, totalling 340% damage.
The 'Squeezed' DoT will automatically be removed from its target after The Root (Extreme) has been hit by a direct attack, but cannot be removed after subsequent applications. (Pop-ups: The threads loosen. / You are released from the grasp of the threads. / The threads withstand the effects of your followup attacks.)
The Root (Extreme) does not follow a traditional rotation;
Every attack that misses or glances off of The Root (Extreme) will purge all status effects from it and recover 2% of its max HP. (Pop-up: The Root regenerates.)
- Each skill, listed in order of priority above, has an internal cooldown;
- Attack Types 1 and 2 have a cooldown of 8 turns.
- Attack Types 3 and 4 have a cooldown of 6 turns.
- Attack Type 5 has a cooldown of 4 turns.
- Attack Type 6 has no cooldown, but resets Attack Type 2's cooldown to 1 turn.
- Cooldowns tick down before a skill is selected for use by The Root (Extreme).
- Additionally, if The Root (Extreme) falls below 50% of its max HP, cooldowns will tick down twice prior to a skill's selection.
- This can result in an unpredictable rotation depending on the use of Attack Type 1 and at what point The Root (Extreme)'s 50% HP threshold is broken.
*Status panel erroneously claims this effect only applies -100 Avoidance to the player.
< Message edited by Jay -- 9/8/2021 0:21:13 >