Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Assault bot

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Assault bot
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/9/2020 13:32:42   
racing.lo.mas

This bot its been almost useless because you lose a turn just too reduce the debuff effect on you. You still have a small debuff and also you are not doing anything else, while you were hit on last turn and you are going to be hit on next one. This bot is made to be a defensive one, so maybe it could give a small heal of 100 HP.
Also you could allow the player to use the passive even when there isn't any debuf, so the player could choose between dealing a high damage or getting some HP points.
If this seems way good, then the base damage could be reduced or make this small healing be a % of the bot damage. For example 20%. Then if someone has 700 bot damage, it would heal 140.
Epic  Post #: 1
5/9/2020 19:59:33   
Legendary Ash

We already have Cyber Shark for healing, I recommend channeling your suggestion into this robot instead, if a higher defensive potential is desirable, go suggest a new value for initial damage and lifesteal percentage based on the existing ratio, which can be found at Epicduelwiki.

The high 75% that lasts for the whole battle accounts for the very concept of situational, Cores that are enabled below 35% Hp are founded by the same principle, its literally a debuff variant of Pyro Fly that affects more than one skill.

If anything cores that are always useful are the majority and are significantly weaker to maintain balance, thus its critical to preserve and continue to create situational cores that have their own place in regards to strategy.

< Message edited by Legendary Ash -- 5/9/2020 20:12:41 >
AQ  Post #: 2
5/11/2020 8:12:02   
racing.lo.mas

Nah, you can not compare those bots. The one you are mentioning applys lifesteal for the following 3 turns. What this means? It means this bot is clearly an offensive bot, cause if you want to gain HP you MUST attack. Also when you use this special skill the bot attacks the opponent.
What I am proposing is to allow the assault bot to make a direct heal on you. Your bot won't attack, it will literally heal you. Those mechanics are completely different, can not be compared.

By the way, you are saying cores must be weaker to maintain balance. I agree with that. However, an useless core is also wrong. Alowing assault bot to give you around 100 HP when you use the core is not even close to be broken or too strong. There are many powerfull bots that could be used which have a more general core, while assault bot is really occasional. Having a bot forgotten by years is the way to make a game balanced? I would say a game is balanced when all options are worth it on different situations and strategies.

Particulary, assault bot core can only be used if you have a debuff. If you are facing a TLM for example, you won't use it at all. There are bots which that do more damage, reduce defense or do any other usefull effect, while assault bot can't do anything. An small healing would foment the use of this bot, and it won't be good for all builds, just for tanks or focus. Which would be a good idea since all builds used in this game are BM str, Tlm str, CH supp, TLM supp. 100 Hp is only worth it if you have high defense, in other case this healing means nothing.
Epic  Post #: 3
5/11/2020 19:58:37   
Legendary Ash

Either you are overlooking or denying things, anyone that has the experience of playing multiple RPGs, their answer will be healing and lifesteal are both defensive effects, therefore they can be directly compared.
An effect does not inherit its nature from its form of delivery, by your claim, stun and debuffs would be offensive because it requires landing a hit.

The statement all options worth the same in different situations and strategies is contradictory, if equipment involved in a strategy work for every situation, there is no change, and that is no strategy at all, might as well be a robot, which is a severe problem the Devs and Mods are already dealing with.

If you are able to understand the concept of differentiation of skills for each class, you should be able to grasp that this is the foundation of strategy, that each equipment's performance indeed varies depending on the situation, its never the same, unless all variables are kept constant.

No I did not say cores must be weaker, you are putting words in my mouth.
I already gave reasoning as to why there are no useless cores, only situational cores, don't expect to be able to argue this point.

If Hp is only good if you have high defense, why are Str and Support builds running 1500+ Hp and applying lifesteal effects, this is clear evidence that the use of Hp is not reserved for tanks, and is applicable for all stat builds.

All the text you provided to push your agenda forward is proven faulty, therefore this suggestion does not pass a test of logical reasoning.
AQ  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Assault bot
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition