Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

DragonLords

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonLords
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/21/2020 0:14:14   
RKC

Can someone explain to me who really they are. They seem to be everywhere and join anyone.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 1
5/21/2020 13:08:06   
tthorn4

Hi! Essentially, a Dragonlord is someone who has purchased a Dragon Amulet from Artix Entertainment using real money. It is a one-time purchase of about $20 USD, and it unlocks a vast amount of walled-off content in the game. You can find the page to purchase it here: https://www.dragonfable.com/upgrade/
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
5/21/2020 16:18:10   
Vaalirus

^ Considering they've had a dragon amulet in 2008 and the Dragonlord badges I think they were asking what the Dragonlords are as a group/organization within the lore or across the games

< Message edited by Vaalirus -- 5/21/2020 16:19:31 >
DF  Post #: 3
5/21/2020 18:29:25   
RKC

I meant lore wise not money wise XD
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 4
5/21/2020 19:30:29   
LigerBeard

Okay, so I went back to Oaklore Keep just to be sure to give you the right info.

Basically, one becomes a Dragonlord by either befriending an adult dragon(which I imagine to be harder) or questing for a dragon egg. Once the adult is befriended or the egg hatches, a strong bond is formed between them, kind of like the bond between a soulweaver and his soulally. The key though is you need a dragon amulet to grow it to it's adult form on command, allowing you to face threats beyond the scope of other classes.

This could also explain why so many organizations have a resident Dragonlord. With so many big threats, I'd imagine their presence would be welcome by most!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/21/2020 21:38:50   
tthorn4

... This is what I get for mobile forum checking
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
5/22/2020 2:39:13   
RKC

What about the flying dragon lord base. Do they have an organization?
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 7
5/22/2020 4:59:01   
Vaalirus

^ Dragongrasp is pretty much the stronghold of the Dragonlord order, it is really the only organization for Dragonlords within the entirety of the land of dragons.

Although I'm curious when we'll ever return there considering since if I'm not mistaken we haven't been there once since Book 3 started and the last we really heard about them was their truce with the Dragonslayers and the forces they sent to help us close the Proclamation in the Sandsea which now also has me curious about a couple of things like did Senthris take Salleah there to fix him, were they doing anything about the defecting dragon riders scattered after the Dragonrdier war ended, and what's the current Vilmor/Frostsycthe situation considering we know the latter character was working with Queen Ashe.
DF  Post #: 8
5/22/2020 12:23:22   
Dratomos
Helpful!

What I've gathered is that DragonLords are just exceptional warriors who have a deep connection to their Dragon. Some (like Vilmor) have deeper connection than others. It is for life, even if the dragon dies (like Alteon said) and Dragongrasp Order seems just to be a vigilant order against evil but not every DragonLord joins them, even if most do.

It also seems that the person the dragon bonds with (also can seemingly be from another species besides human) is so deep that they don't bond with another one (like stated in Exodus -quest).
DF AQW  Post #: 9
5/22/2020 20:21:28   
LigerBeard

@Dratomos: So does that level of connection go both ways?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
5/23/2020 0:04:28   
Kyros123

Disclaimer: Some of the following information came lore discussion thread with an ex-developer of DragonFable so it's canonicity is debatable.

From what I remember, a DragonLord is someone who has bonded with a dragon. A dragon has to freely agree to bond with an individual, forcing a Dragon to obey you only makes you a DragonMaster like Frostscythe. Interestingly enough some villains like Saellah and Sepulchure were DragonLords (I guess as a Dracholich, Fluffy was willing to bond with a DoomKnight) a fact that probably annoys Frostscythe to no end.

Bonding with an dragon can grant an individual access to certain abilities they wouldn't otherwise have . The Hero's bond to their dragon gave them the ability to access the power of the prime Elemental Orbs. Over time the magical bond between DragonLord and their dragon strengthens enough to allow certain unique abilities such as telepathic communication between the DragonLord and their dragon.

Dragon Amulets were created help further/better develop the bond between DragonLord and dragon, although whether they were created by the DragonLords and if current/modern DragonLords have the knowledge to create them is not known (Some NPCs mention finding their Dragon Amulets rather then creating them). Dragon Amulets have certain powers such as granting their wielder the ability to understand and speak the dragonish language and growing a child dragon to their adult form. DragonLords are usually expected to have Dragon Amulets but it's not mandatory.

Dragonsgrasp is the mobile stronghold of the DragonLord Order. Unlike knights, DragonLord Order operate independently of they crown, they are not a government controlled organisation. (Actually a lot of organisations/groups in DragonFable operate independently of the crown e.g. Paladins, Guardians, etc. though these organisation may sometimes work with and receive payment from the crown). It is not mandatory for a DragonLord to join or associate themselves with the Order though most DragonLord do know of and acknowledge the Order.

Dragonlord also have unique armor (most Dragonlord NPC's are seen wearing it).
Post #: 11
5/23/2020 6:13:48   
OpprobriousPinecones

quote:

From what I remember, a DragonLord is someone who has bonded with a dragon. A dragon has to freely agree to bond with an individual, forcing a Dragon to obey you only makes you a DragonMaster like Frostscythe. Interestingly enough some villains like Saellah and Sepulchure were DragonLords (I guess as a Dracholich, Fluffy was willing to bond with a DoomKnight) a fact that probably annoys Frostscythe to no end.

That's not the difference between Dragonlords and Dragonmasters; the only difference that we know of is, according to Galanoth, Dragonmaster amulets are fake. Saellah was a Dragonlord (from what we can tell) and yet he explicitly had an abusive relationship with his dragon where he used her for his own personal gain and outright says that he'd have killed her if she weren't useful to him. There was nothing "willing" about Sepulchure and Fluffy's relationship either; Sepulchure is a Necromancer, among other things, and they outright enslave the souls of their victims.
Post #: 12
5/23/2020 6:47:54   
Dratomos
Helpful!

@LigerBeard I don't know, there hasnt been (at least yet) a situation where a DragonLord would try to bond with another dragon.

Our character hasn't done that nor has Alteon (at least what I know) after his dragon died.

DF AQW  Post #: 13
5/23/2020 7:59:12   
Kyros123

@OpprobriousPinecones

quote:

Frostscythe: They should have lauded me, revered me!
Frostscythe: I am already in tune with the Plane of Frost due to my ice elf lineage...
Frostscythe: Instead they mocked me! Refused me a Dragon Amulet!
Frostscythe: So if no dragon would bond with me to help me become a DragonLord, then I become one's Master.
Frostscythe: Bend the dragon's will to my own and steal an amulet! Even then you, <Character>, foiled my plans.
Frostscythe: NO MORE! Glaisaurus and his brethern were weak. Now I have Cryozen...
<Character>: Don't you see... it's not because you're an elf. It's you.
<Character>: You would rather enslave a dragon then even try to bond.

This dialogue heavily implies that a dragon needs to agree in order to form a bond.

In regards to Saellah and Sepulchure, we don't know what Saellah was like before he started working for Akanthus. It's not impossible that he once was a person that a dragon would have bonded with until Akanthus turned him against magic (and by extension magical creatures including dragons). The problem in that case is that once a bond has been made it's probably very hard to unmake regardless of how the feelings of the dragon and dragonlord change.
quote:

Frostscythe: As long as Vilmor still lives, they share a bond.
Frostscythe: Break it.

This dialogue implies that only in death does a bond end.

As for Sepulchure, Fluffy and the Hero's dragon bonded almost immediately after they were born in a manner akin to imprinting. We don't know the mental capacity of baby dragons and whether they fully understand the consequences of bonding but it is possible that Fluffy choose to bond with Sepulchure because that was the only reality he knew at the time.

Also not all necromancers enslave the souls of the people they raise. They are the minority, but there are good necromancers like the ones outside of Falconreach's graveyard and the one in Moonridge who only raise willing undead to assist them. Unlike the enslaved undead, these willing dead have a degree of sapience including the ability to speak.

< Message edited by Kyros123 -- 5/23/2020 8:14:58 >
Post #: 14
5/23/2020 9:13:45   
OpprobriousPinecones

quote:

In regards to Saellah and Sepulchure, we don't know what Saellah was like before he started working for Akanthus.
We do, though? By his own admission, he was bitter and harsh, and according to Akanthus, who knew him at the time, his "hatred got the best of him" (which seems to be what led him to bonding with Senthris). We don't even know if Akanthus turned him against magic in the first place (correct me if I'm wrong) or if it was just the sort of thing he wound up doing on his own.

quote:

As for Sepulchure, Fluffy and the Hero's dragon bonded almost immediately after they were born in a manner akin to imprinting. We don't know the mental capacity of baby dragons and whether they fully understand the consequences of bonding but it is possible that Fluffy choose to bond with Sepulchure because that was the only reality he knew at the time.
I'm not sure whether or not Fluffy's intentions or anything along those lines are even provable at this point (Final 13th aside), given the fact that he existed as a normal Dracolich for about five seconds, so I'm not particularly sure either way.

quote:

Also not all necromancers enslave the souls of the people they raise. They are the minority, but there are good necromancers like the ones outside of Falconreach's graveyard and the one in Moonridge who only raise willing undead to assist them. Unlike the enslaved undead, these willing dead have a degree of sapience including the ability to speak.
Fair enough, but does Sepulchure really strike you as somebody who wouldn't enslave a dragon through necromancy? He's not exactly an ethical practitioner of...well, anything.
Post #: 15
5/23/2020 20:11:27   
Kyros123

@OpprobriousPinecones

quote:

We do, though? By his own admission, he was bitter and harsh, and according to Akanthus, who knew him at the time, his "hatred got the best of him" (which seems to be what led him to bonding with Senthris). We don't even know if Akanthus turned him against magic in the first place (correct me if I'm wrong) or if it was just the sort of thing he wound up doing on his own.

quote:

Saellah: Oh yes, let's reminisce about my failures and curses. I am bonded to a dragon... thank the lords she is powerful...

The word "reminisce" in this line seems to imply regret about bonding with Senthris rather than a failure in his life which lead to him bonding with Senthris. As in he view his bonding with Senthris as one of his failures.

I always thought that Sepulchure turning Fluffy into a Dracolich was an aesthetic choice on his part. A Doomknight probably isn't going to want to ride around on a dragon of sunshine, lollipops and rainbows after all.

The problem is neither of can't definitively prove anything since we can only interpret what we've seen/been shown and were only arguing semantics at this point.

Though this discussion has made we wonder: We've seen evil dragons before so is it possible that there are evil DragonLords out there who's dragons are just as bad as they are? Like, an evil dragon saw a kindred spirit in a evil human and decide to bond with them because they could achieve more working together? Not a master/slave relationship like Frostscythe's dragons but an evil partnership where both parties have equal say. Granted it probably doesn't happen a lot since most evil dragons are characterized by their immense pride (Gorgork, Akriloth, Aisha) and only view humans as lessers to be subjugated rather than equals to be partnered with,but it does seem like a interesting possibility.

< Message edited by Kyros123 -- 5/24/2020 0:23:06 >
Post #: 16
5/23/2020 20:29:38   
LigerBeard

@Kyros123: That would be very interesting!

That also has me wondering if a dragon can enslave a dragonlord. That could make for a great villain pairing!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
6/13/2020 17:27:48   
Edorath

Speaking of dragonlords, anyone know what the hexa code for the class' metal bits is? i can't find it and having my dragonlord armor have mismatched arms is killing me with the new customization changes
AQ AQW  Post #: 18
6/13/2020 21:08:24   
Kurtz96

You can take a screenshot of the dragonlord armor and upload it to an online color picker. That is what I did when matching my dragonlord helm to Chaosweaver.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
6/14/2020 0:30:21   
DFORUM

For anyone that's too lazy, here are the hex colors for dragonlord:

Base Color: afbfc6
Trim Color: 817984

They aren't perfect but its as close as I could get (with reasonable effort).
Post #: 20
6/15/2020 14:26:47   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

As this thread has been necrobumped, I am locking it. Please remember that threads in the DFGD that have not been tagged or FAQ'd and have gone 14 days without a post are not able to be further posted in. ~Gingkage
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonLords
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition