Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Time to remove Block, deflect, etc..?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Time to remove Block, deflect, etc..?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/15/2020 12:12:35   
RaXZerGamingZ

I think it's time to consider removing or changing the rng in epicduel. When you lose because of a block/deflect/crit/stun there is no way to get better at that, i think one of the hints in the game even says to "learn from your mistakes" how? if you lose because of a block that makes your damage 300 go to 30, how do you get better at that? When you fight a legendary boss and you shield yourself and they critical berzerker you and you lose how can you improve from that? If not removing the rng atleast change it for there to be an equal exchange for both players, if you block an attack you get less damage done to you but your opponent should also get something, it should be equal.
Post #: 1
6/15/2020 12:26:58   
racing.lo.mas

If that happen many builds would be destroyed, all I can see are unbalanced battles where Strength-Support build end favored. Nobody will ever block or deflect you, you won't have any risk for picking low tech/dex.
Moreover what would we do with all those cores that are destined to increase/reduce block, deflection, critical chances. You would also have to change skills like stun grenade and even replace skills like shadow arts.
I know how frustrating is when you are blocked or deflected and the whole battle depended on that last hit, but those mechanics make builds balanced.

< Message edited by racing.lo.mas -- 6/15/2020 12:27:51 >
Epic  Post #: 2
6/15/2020 14:53:42   
CactusChan

I've addressed this on numerous occasions, and I'll repeat what I've said before: RNG in moderate amounts is okay in a game like EpicDuel, since it allows for occasional upset victories and riskier strategies to help make the game more interesting; however, there is entirely too much RNG in the game at present, especially considering the trend in the last couple of years towards faster builds. The shorter a battle is, the more effect any given RNG-related incident will have on the outcome of the battle.

That said, I think blocks and deflections are fine conceptually. Maybe we could argue about how much damage is reduced, but I think they work fine as general battle mechanics. There are three RNG effects I think need a serious overhaul or outright elimination:

1. Critical hits. These should be changed in one of two ways: a) Keep the RNG aspect based on support, but make crits either add a flat damage value or make crits add a % more damage. b) Eliminate the RNG effect entirely and make crits specific to certain cores or skills as a 100% chance, but with either a detrimental effect to the user or an advantageous effect to the target. I think this is the better option.

2. Stuns. These should not be based on RNG, period. In the current meta, they are far too powerful; getting stunned a single time at any point in the battle is often enough to determine the outcome. Similar to the second option for crits listed above, skills or cores that have a stunning aspect should have a 100% chance to stun, but with detrimental effects to the user or advantageous effects to the target. Obviously, the extra effects should be significantly stronger than those for crits.

3. Damage ranges. This is something that hardly anyone talks about, but I think it's actually quite important. Most players at level 40s have weapons which can deal damage in a range of 50 to 100 different values. In addition, Defense and Resistance also have a wide range of values that can be subtracted from incoming damage. This means that any weapon-based attack (which, in the current core-heavy meta, is most attacks), can have a value in a range of 100 different values at best, with the range usually being closer to 150 or even 200. When most attacks or every attack is subject to these ranges, you can gain or lose literally hundreds of HP in just a few attacks, which obviously is going to tip the scales of the battle significantly. All that said, I think that all damage ranges should be severely dampened or outright eliminated.

Obviously, I know that changing even one of these things would result in a ton of changes needing to be made elsewhere, but I think it's necessary. RNG is far too strong a factor in PvP and needs to be mitigated by whatever means necessary.

< Message edited by CactusChan -- 6/15/2020 14:55:10 >
Epic  Post #: 3
6/15/2020 15:09:14   
Mother1

If you do that the only builds that will be in PVP are high HP strength builds seeing as by removing these factors you will be nerfing every other build since Dex tech and Support builds have these as bonuses for their builds, while strength builds don't depend on them. Not to mention several cores some will be made 100% worthless.
Epic  Post #: 4
6/15/2020 16:57:04   
Armagedon2018

This never will happen. The game is based on deflects, blocks, stun, etc. since it was created. Also, it will destroy many builds, especially dex, tech or focus. Strengh support build could be heavily benefited.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
6/15/2020 23:25:54   
RaXZerGamingZ

dont you all think it would be possible to rebalance the game based on no rng?
Post #: 6
6/16/2020 12:44:48   
Armagedon2018

It is not only my opinion against your idea.. It is clear all builds could be destroyed, except strengh.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
6/17/2020 13:23:25   
Mother1

@RaXZerGamingZ

Not if that game makes so diversity is destroyed for 95% of all builds making it so only high HP strength builds are running around.
Epic  Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Time to remove Block, deflect, etc..?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition