Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Returning FO Poe Mage (Level 150)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning FO Poe Mage (Level 150)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/28/2020 22:35:47   
kingofdeath8

Hello. Like many other players, I'm returning to the game because of free time during the pandemic. A LOT seems to have changed since I last played and I believe for the most part my character is pretty decent. I would just like some advice on min maxing and what meta things I might be missing. I'm willing to buy one, maybe two premium packages but no more, and I have maybe 2 UltraRare and 3 Rare GGBs available (not sure if there's a way to check?).

Here is my character page: https://guardian.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=21466332

I DO NOT want to keep Purple Rain in my inventory, I understand it's incredibly OP but that kind of power ruins the game for me, if I absolutely need it to beat some enemy I will buy it but I've been able to clear Final Challenge, Staff Challenge, etc. without it. I know Essence Orb is really strong too but just don't know what to take out of my misc inventory, I use all of those items pretty frequently.

Thank you for whatever advice y'all give, it's nice to see that the active players in this game are pretty helpful and welcoming.
MQ  Post #: 1
6/29/2020 1:13:07   
Primate Murder

Welcome back!

On premium packages: first priority would be Arcane Amplification, a qc Int boost to enhance your damage and accuracy. For a second package, you have a choice between Airenal's Lance, a weapon that compresses an armor with the strongest wind skill in the game, and either Arctic Tornado or Cysero's Explosive Teleport Booth - D-Burst clones for earth/light and water/energy elements.

To see your GGBs, go to Account Management > Character List > click your character > Gold Prize Swap.

Weapons

All the best Energy weapons are currently rare, so I suggest making that your no-drop. Most FO builds also align their Awe special to PWD for a 3% chance of insta-kill.

Since your strongest fire nuke is a spell (D-Burst or Blood Pyre), you'd want a spell-booster weapon like Blazing Bloodzerker Blade (or just a Magestaff if you're short on Rare GGBs).

Same thing for wind, really. A Magestave would give +9.375% damage to your Warmaster's Burst or Grenwog Rider skill attacks (at least if you switch your class title to Mage or Wizard).

Arctic Athame gives +18.75% damage bonus to your ice spells, with the bonus doubled against monsters with Int>0.

Occult Morningstar Cross (lvl 45+) is fairly unexceptional by itself, but you can click on it for a 2x damage attack - and that synergizes very nicely with Bloodzerker armor toggles or Vamp's Evolved form.

Armors

Hydromancer Bloodmage compresses the strongest water spell in the game, and the 50% spell damage bonus is quite useful as well.

If you did not get the premium Airenal's Lance, Grenwog Rider from UR GGBs toggles between wind and earth forms and has skills for both of those elements. Wind skill in wind form GR has a high elecomp and counts as a spell (so benefits from the Magestave).

There's a Cryomancer Bloodmage as well, which would benefit greatly from Arctic Athame. If you lack a spare UR, Horo Show's armor skill deals almost as much damage.

Terra Bloodzerker pays a small hp cost for 20% bonus damage and has a toggle to lock you to armor element 2x damage. This gives you a powerful earth nuke, especially when combined with Morningstar Cross' skill.

Light element has a Lumenomancer Bloodmage, compressing the strongest light spell and having great synergy with D-Burst.

You don't really need a darkness armor - your Vampire Transformation is one of the best options available.

Shields

Without other Windter set items, Stout Talon is not that exceptional. Fujin shield should be more useful, as its Dex drive would increase the accuracy of all your attacks.

If you switch your no-drop to energy, you don't need compression.

- Fire doesn't really have anything exceptional. Shield of Agony's Blood or even the Overlord set shield would wok just fine.

- If you find yourself with a spare UR, pick up Golden Dragon Head for a boost to your LS rate. Otherwise, Scarab Shell has a toggle to lower monster MRM, boosting the accuracy of all your attacks.

Spells

You don't really need a spell for light - weapon attacks in Vamp's Evolved Form would do nearly as much damage at a lower cost and with some lifesteal.

Sizzler 'Splosion sacrifices some damage, but autohits. Useful, considering that wind has a lot of high-MRM mobs.

Miscs

You rarely need a lot of resist miscs - most monsters die too quickly for it to matter and the rest can be Mesmerized or crushed during celerity. Mother's Charm Earrings can be replaced with Essence Orb, and the Eye of Sacragon with Goggernaut Helm (+10 bth to every attack on the field, without the usual /2 for spells).

Legendary Shadow Crystal is situational and only really useful once every 4 days. Rejuvenating Necklace is a more reliable source of mp.

Some other potentially useful miscs:

- Taladosian Pendant. Its Mental Potency increases your chances of inflicting Mesmerize.

- Morningstar Helm. Immunity to paralysis.

- Grakma Warhorn. Has a togglable Berserk status which increases your damage by 21% w/o the ususal /2 penalty for spells - though it does come at the expense of accuracy.

Hope the info's useful and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 6/29/2020 1:22:53 >
AQ DF  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning FO Poe Mage (Level 150)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition