Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Farewell to Lore

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Farewell to Lore
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/5/2020 17:24:27   
GammaCavy

Some years ago, I couldn’t begin to name how many, I first logged on to DragonFable, and it was good. There was so much to explore, so many paths and quests, tales and wonder and fun. I grew up alongside this game, and grew in the world of Lore.

About two years ago now, or perhaps three, the Black Winter marked a change. Or perhaps I only noticed it then. That war was the one where I first connected to my fellow players, and faced the reality that this was not only mine, but shared with others.

It was also the beginning of the end. The path DragonFable has taken since is darker, murkier, less fun for me. The Sinnocence war stressed me into a corner, and the song of the atelea was- well, the last time I logged on was the end of it.
I can’t follow this path any longer. I have a slew of problems with my metal health, and somewhere along the way this ceased to be an escape, but became a stone burden. Friday, which had been my favorite day of the week because of the updates, became a day of dread, checking in just one more thing in an unending slog.

So I left for a bit. Just to work things out. I didn’t think it would take me long.

But the thought of returning properly fills me with dread. Rather than joy, it has become at once obligation and negative reinforcement. Interacting with all of you directly through our shared experiences holds the weight of quicksand, sucking me into a quagmire of my own mind.
I remember DragonFable fondly, but for me it’s time to let go. Perhaps someday I’ll return, but after spending over a year battering my issues into order enough to recognize what I had done to myself, any return will not be swift.

And so, fellow Heroes of Lore, I bid you adieu.
DF  Post #: 1
7/5/2020 17:35:20   
LigerBeard

Sorry to hear that you're leaving for good, but I wish nothing but the best.

Off topic, have you tried some of the other AE games? Because I know that AQW still has fun releases! They might be more your speed!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/6/2020 5:56:15   
Nameless King

Have a good rest my friend~As long as the game is still available,it will once more await for your return but perhaps with a good news like a peace has been achieve or something and the end of DF lore~Also,stay away from twitter too because of now,it has become too toxic even for me~Stay safe and healthy tho and battle on~
Post #: 3
7/6/2020 14:47:59   
Vaalirus

It is unfortunate you feel that you can no longer play the game at this time, but your mental health comes first and foremost and if the game's current mood isn't doing anything for you then you got to do what you have to do to protect your mental state. Playing a game, after all, should always be because you find it fun not because you feel obligated to do so. I believe when it crosses that line you're not playing you're working and nobody wants that.

I can wish you nothing but the best of luck and hope you are able to find yourself in better health and in better spirits as soon as possible even in the midst of current events.
DF  Post #: 4
7/7/2020 18:30:52   
rock364

Hey, nothing lasts forever, I myself come back to this game sporadically as much as I love this world, which is why I am so under leveled, I doubt I will ever catch up with the weekly releases, don't know how some of the guys here have multiple characters, that's some serious dedication.
DF  Post #: 5
7/7/2020 19:44:30   
Lord Alsvinich

We'll miss you Gammacavy, I remember you from the black winter war. It makes me sad to see, both that you are not enjoying the new direction and that your mental health is suffering. I wish you the best of luck and I hope your mental state improves.
Post #: 6
7/10/2020 3:50:35   
Flabagast

I'm sorry to see you go, my friend. Though I must say I understand. I also understand how easy it is to stay silent and leave friends in the dark with no closure, so I really admire you for being so open and honest with us. I'm grateful that I joined the forums when I did and met so many passionate people like yourself. All the best to you.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Farewell to Lore
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition