Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=EC 2020= Twilight OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =EC 2020= Twilight OOC
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/11/2020 22:53:25   
  Starflame13

Twilight OOC
This thread will be your OOC forum for the competitors of the Twilight Arena to discuss tactics, collaborations, and plots, as well as to ask questions of your fellow combatants and to provide any additional details necessary to clarify your character or your actions. It should also be used for necessary communications with the Director in requesting extensions. As a reminder, you are required to post every 4 days. While I will do my best to provide 24 hour warnings, please do not rely on these. I must be informed in advance if an extension is needed.

Each of the combatants in this arena will be placed at an equidistant starting point. The order in which you are listed in the roster is the relative location you enter the arena in, with the first competitor entering in at the North of the arena and moving clockwise around the edge of the arena. Alternatively, you can view this as the competitor listed above you will be on your right and the competitor listed below you in the roster will enter in on your left. All contestants are assumed to enter roughly at the same time, regardless of posting order.

Feel free to ask me questions within this thread, via PM, or via the AEF RP Discord Server if you have any details you would like clarified. Our Discord Server can be found here.

This was the music inspiration for Twilight: Illumination.

The Roster
Drageados, the Umbral Knight, created by deathlord45!
Piper Cassidy, created by Ultrapowerpie!
Syn, created by Kooroo!
Ricarda Von Geier, created by Caststarter!
Mori, created by Chewy905!
Oro, created by Thyopath! Idle Out
Argyll of the Flame, created by Riprose123!

In addition, I will be editing in any questions that may be useful for all combatants to read. Beginning with:

What are the dimensions of the arena?
Most Paragon Phase arenas share a similar construction when it comes to the dimensions. From the geometric center it is 65 feet (19.8 meters) of terrain until reaching some sort of barrier - a wall or a lethal hazard in most cases. Entrance ways vary by arena in terms of design, but consist of eight equidistant points starting from cardinal North. Were one to connect the entrances with lines, you would inscribe a perfect octagon within the circle of the arena. The ceiling in Twilight is 20 feet (6.1 meters) high.

But we have fewer than 8 in the arena!
While arenas are designed with a maximum occupancy of eight contestants, we'd rather let people spread out and have more arena variety than to crowd everyone into a single arena. Any locations after the last person on the roster is placed would be considered vacant, their entrances will remain closed, and their spotlight will vanish.

Do the gates out of the arena remain open?
Yes. If you choose to exit, it will be considered forfeiting the fight.

Can you explain the lighting?
Bright white spotlights illuminate each of the contenders while the rest of the room remains unlit. Projectiles that leave a player’s spotlight will have their own mini “spotlight” until they either stop moving or expire. The circle of light widens the bigger the item it is trying to display - for example, if two competitors draw close together, the circles of light around them will widen and merge into one big spotlight, and split again once the competitors separate.

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 7/29/2020 12:24:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
7/16/2020 12:45:41   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

Requesting 12 hour extension for my first post. Work saddled me with extra stuff today, want to make sure in case things don't go well that I can get the post up.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
7/16/2020 13:39:22   
  Starflame13

@Ultrapowerpie - Granted. Your updated deadline is Friday, July 17th at 11:59 am. That said, for the first post especially, try not to delay too long.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
7/16/2020 20:07:12   
Kooroo

Requesting a 12 hour extension.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
7/16/2020 20:36:26   
  Starflame13

@Kooroo- Granted. Your updated deadline is Friday, July 17th at 11:59 am. As noted above, for the first post especially, try not to delay too long.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
7/19/2020 15:04:12   
Thyopath

Requesting a 12-hour extension, please and thank you.
Post #: 6
7/19/2020 17:06:31   
  Starflame13

@Thyopath - Granted. Your updated deadline is now Monday, July 20th at 12:32pm EDT.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
7/24/2020 2:22:58   
Thyopath

Requesting a 12-hour extension, please and thank you.
Post #: 8
7/24/2020 8:53:07   
  Starflame13

@Thyopath - Granted. Your updated deadline is now Friday, July 24th at 8:52pm EDT.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
7/24/2020 19:51:00   
Thyopath

Can I use my last 12 hour extension, thank you sorry for the inconvience.
Post #: 10
7/24/2020 19:56:47   
  Starflame13

@Thyopath - Granted. Your updated deadline is Saturday, July 25th at 8:52am EDT. Please keep in mind that you have no more extensions remaining. Good luck with writing!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
7/29/2020 12:23:14   
  Starflame13

Thyopath! You have not posted since your last post in the arena on Saturday, July 25 at 9:49am. Your 4-day deadline for making your next post has passed. You are hereby disqualified due to Rule #3: Idle out. Your character is now at the mercy of the other combatants.

With luck, timing will be more on your side in future years.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
7/29/2020 13:16:26   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

Requesting 12 hour extenstion, it will be up tonight >_>
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
7/29/2020 14:41:28   
  Starflame13

@Ultrapowerpie- Granted, but please be more aware in the future, and ensure that your extension requests are posted BEFORE the initial deadline. .

Your new deadline is Thursday, July 30th at 1:00am EDT.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =EC 2020= Twilight OOC
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition