Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Returning player

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning player
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/17/2020 12:49:01   
Taeyang

Hey guys I haven't played in about a year or so and came back just to see all the new quest, armors and updates I've missed out on. Just would like to know whatever elemental equipment,spell and pets that is currently available that could effectively replace the ones I have. Also couple of questions that I'm still unsure of based on the current stuff that's going on. (Apologies if this has been answered before)
1) So for the stat update, the focus is to max out 3 stats(STR,DEX,LUCK) leaving the endurance stat not being used at all. Does that mean the current strategy meta is to use the stun lock method(Purple Rain Loop) or Bloodzerker Combo which is essentially to kill the monster before they can even lay a hand on you?
2) The Ironthorn shield now gives a 50 Strength drive instead so is it still effective for a pure warrior player or do I just use pair it with the celerity shield(Strawberry Shieldcake)?
3) The Armor of Frostvale Past in my character main loadout is to be replaced with a Light armor so is White Knight Z obviously still the best Light armor since it has a op elecomp skill or is there anything else?
Pure Warrior Character
(I believe I have Werewolf Transformation no-drop as an earth armor)

< Message edited by Taeyang -- 7/17/2020 12:50:21 >
Post #: 1
7/17/2020 14:13:18   
Legendary Ash

The Celerity/Immobility -Elecomp nuke strategy existed before the stat cap update to 250, it only gave greater incentive to max three stats as enemy output is minimal.

Purple Rain can be given an appropriate nerf in the future like IronThorn to stay true to its "second chance" theme by simply reverting status conditions to the previous turn's duration, which it currently doesn't account for.

As stat boosts are equally potent among normal attack/skill/spell, it is the primary method for increasing offensive output, only block/lucky strike activated offensive effects surpass it.

If purchasing the elemental variants of Bloodzerker equipment, it is ideal to acquire both Sword and Armor as the former spends its MC on a trigger, +5% damage when used with the Armor, +10% if elements match.
The alternative is weapons with Leans like Zealot synergize with Celerity/Immobility to minimize the increased damage intake and Armors skills of Elecomp to damage are superior to to Elecomp to cost due to requiring less turns of Celerity/Immobility to expend the same amount of resources.
Make a commitment to one of the two weapon/armor playstyles and avoid mixing them together for optimal performance.
When trading comes in the future, Hydro Bloodblade should be traded for equipment of one of the playstyles.
AQ  Post #: 2
7/18/2020 2:14:46   
Primate Murder

1) The meta stays the same - stun lock the monster and kill it with extreme prejudice.

2) Ironthorn remains the best earth shield for warriors.

3) WKZ still has the strongest (non-stackable) skill.

As for equipment:

Weapons

As the best wind weapon is premium, I would suggest making Wind your no-drop element to avoid having to use compression.

Bloodzerker Sword is slightly superior to Thrale's Scorn, as it has an FSB with Bloodzerker armors and no special.

For water, Bloodblade remains among the highest pure damage weapons, though you might want to take a look at the revamped Kindred sword for autohit utility.

The Blade/Lance of Frostval Past from your storage are amazing nuke enablers. They have a clickable 1/battle +60% ELeVuln infliction, which gives them unmatched synergy with any ice nukes.

There's are Terra and Voltaic variants for the Bloodzerker blades.

While your Zealot's Wrath is the best standalone weapon, you might want to switch it out for the Morningstar Cross, as its synergy with Bloodzerker armors gives you powerful nukes for several different elements.

Your Terror Eater has great synergy with Werewolf's qc Snarl. Alternatively, your Agony's Embrace deals ~20% bonus damage.

Armors

Water has a Bloodzerker variant.

Grenwog Rider from UR GGBs toggles between wind and earth forms and has skills for both of those elements. Wind skill in wind form GR has a fairly high elecomp, making it one of the better wind nukes.

Horo Show and Taladosian are old standard armors, meaning they get the strongest elecomp bonus to damage.

Angel of Souls' skill costs hp, making it easily spammable.

Shields

Samukematsuri Buckler gives you a minor source of sp regen.

Celtic Wheel, in conjunction with an Int misc, gives you enough mp to cast Moonwalker's Grace.

There are quite a few good ice shields, but the one I would recommend is probably Pies. With the changes to booster pets/guests, its Cha drive actually becomes useful.

Chieftain's Ironthorn remains the best earth shield.

There are no outstanding energy shields, so just keep the Protector.

If you find yourself with a spare UR, get Golden Dragon Head shield for a boost to your LS rate. Otherwise, Scarab Shell has a toggle to lower monster MRM, which would increase the accuracy of all your attacks.

Terror Drinker, when paired with Werewolf's Snarl, gives you a qc heal.

Spells

Thernda, Dunamis and Purple Rain are must-haves.

Some of the spells that could be cast inside the PR loop:

- Moonwalker's Grace. Qc Dex booster, costs mp.

- Edoc Imanok. Qc MRM boost, enhances your blocking.

- Arms of the Dragonguard. Make your next attack an automatic Lucky Strike. Not qc.

- Buffalot Beach Bod. Qc Str boost for 3 turns. Premium, unfortunately.

- Imbues (token) are some of the most useful spells in the game. They change the element of your next weapon-based attack/skill (not spell or spell-based skill!) to another element and often have other nifty benefits. Horo Show + Fire Dragon Talon = fire nuke with 50% bonus damage. WKZ + Terror Fist = dark nuke with Fear infliction. Dragonslayer Aura = void damage against dragons.

Runic Binding gives you a harm SPell.

Miscs

EO, SFP and Blood Contract remain unmatched in their respective niches.

Love Potion has received an incredible buff in that it's no longer limited to one stun per turn - you can control the monster for as many turns as you have sp.

Helm of Frostval Past gives you a qc bth bonus - and can then be switched out for Blood COntract to get the best of both worlds.

Terror Visage increases your Snarl's chances of inflicting Fear.

Bell Shell heals a bit of your hp based on damage dealt. The heal is less than CoRS', but it also doesn't reduce your damage, making it an overall better choice for FO builds.

Morningstar Helm gives immunity to paralysis. If you want something a little more sp-efficient, Blood Ruby and Liquid Courage give resistances to paralysis and fear respectively.

Hope the info's useful and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
AQ DF  Post #: 3
7/18/2020 3:58:20   
Taeyang

Thank you so much to the both of you for helping me out, I really appreciate it. There's definitely much more strategy that I could use to play around with my build. Looks like I have alot to catch up on!
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning player
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition