Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Harm Skill/Spell selection

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Harm Skill/Spell selection
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/20/2020 21:13:11   
Ryu Draco

So Harm damage is one of those things where situations that you need it are perhaps rare, but it is VERY noticeable when you run into one. It's perhaps easier to slip in a Harm Skill or Spell than swap on of a few compression weapons, so I was wondering what the thoughts are on our current options.

From what I can tell we currently have:

Archmage Research: Spell with 3 options. Choose from a guest with random element damage, damage to MP, and Damage to HP.

Void Dragon (Insert variant here): MC Spell/Skill based on choice of STR, DEX, or INT. MC is chance to auto-hit

Runic Binding: Overcharged MC Spell/Skill. MC is increased damage. Overcharge is I think both Universal outgoing Damage buff for yourself and Universal incoming Damage debuff on your opponent

The VD option seems to be the baseline choice, so I suppose the question is if/when the other choices are preferable?
AQ  Post #: 1
7/20/2020 21:34:57   
RobynJoanne

Archmage Research is slightly stronger than the Void Dragon Spells/Skills because of its hp cost. It's also mage only. This is preferable for those who prefer slightly greater damage and don't care for Void Dragon's MC.

Runic Binding sacrifices a lot of damage for its EleEmpow and EleVuln. It's more useful as a pseudo-QC damage boost with Purple Rain. It can't really be compared with the other two options.

Personally, I prefer just attacking in Beast Form with a harm weapon since I don't have the spell slots.
Post #: 2
7/22/2020 5:45:51   
Rafiq von den Vielen

personally I would choose Void Dragon (variant) out of those 3 variants simply because the times where the guest or the MP mode on AMR are most likely gone by (beastmaster days when the guest was actually a great choice anyone?). IMO it also looks better.

But this is me speaking who generally has no troubles incorporating a harm weapon in my inventories, be it Lorekeeper, Voidrender/Steampunk Love Bow, Gloom Glaive/Void Spear or Voidsplinter.
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Harm Skill/Spell selection
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition