Bloodmages and Bloodzerkers are among the strongest armors in the game (as can be seen here).
Bloodblades are great for direct attacks, but if you're using Bloodzerkers, their synergy with the Morningstar Cross makes it a preferred nuking weapon.
There are several weapons that are better at spell-boosting (for your mage) than Bloodblades - Tsunami Pen, Arctic Athame, your Arcane Cutlass.
Some of the other GGBs you may want to pick up for them:
- Voidsplinter Tether or Sunderer give you a source of harm damage without the need for compression. Alternatively, Agony's Embrace has ~20% damage bonus.
- Arms of the Dragonguard (your next strike becomes LS) and Angry Trobble (multiple turn bth boost) are not qc, but can be useful in certain situations in conjunction with Purple Rain.
- Taladosian Pendant gives Mental Potency to maximize your chances of inflicting Mesmerize.
- As above, you have better choices for a harm weapon, one of them being Gloom Glaive.
- Since you have Ranged weapons and old standard armors, you'd want a Call Thernda spell as well.
- As above, Arms of the Dragonguard spell could come in handy.
As for your ranger... have you considered switching those 175 points from Luck to Cha? As a defensive build, you could noticably benefit from some quality pets and guests.