Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Heart Elementals & a possible Elemental Plane of... Heart?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Heart Elementals & a possible Elemental Plane of... Heart?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/18/2020 13:47:02   
dragon_master

Ok, I know, Heart elementals are mostly intended as a joke, just like how ACCL was an April 1st joke-turned-powerful-aggressive-pre-CW-class.
But I am just curious - do you guys reckon there might be an EP of ''heart''? And accordingly, might there be an actual Heart Avatar that we do not know of yet?
Because, those are clearly Heart Gems on marked Heart Elementals which means they are clearly serving some avatar... and it can't be the Wind avatar.
DF  Post #: 1
8/19/2020 3:24:18   
Vaalirus

I feel like if we were to take Heart Elementals seriously then chances are they would be treated much like other artificial elements, since it's probably doesn't make sense to align them to the eight prime elements, such as disease or silver. That in large part would bar them from having an elemental plane, because again not apart of the eight prime, but still tying them to some creator force which in all likelihood would probably be Love themselves as they did have heart elementals defending their home...plus they had a giant heart in their house I think that's the closest to an elemental plane of heart you're going to get.
DF  Post #: 2
8/28/2020 16:17:38   
ninnin90

IIRC, in the lore of dragonfable all concepts hold magical power and powerful concepts like good, evil, love, or bacon grow to emulate the 8 elemental planes as they become more powerful. Bacon is powerful enough to have a Prime Orb and Dragon Guardian, and good and evil are at least powerful enough to channel into potent magical power like spells or weapons or equipment, and we even meet Elemental Love's avatar in a HHD quest*.
Every living being is a possible conduit and/or agent of any given emotion, so emotions in general are probably very powerful conduits for spellcasters and etc. like we see in the Phobeist's fear magic. Love magic in particular being noted as especially powerful and almost impossible to control.

If i understand correctly (and this is going a bit into headcanon, since all of this is speculation) emotions are so broad, unstable and subjective that there might only be one single EP of 'Emotion', but there also could very easily be separate planes for every emotion if they're powerful enough to have avatars, and therefore lords (or maybe a single 'Emotion' EL with many avatars)?

*[citation needed] was that Love's avatar me met? It was a being simply known as Love so it might have even been something analogous to an Elemental Lord, which if that's the case, that they can be found simply on the 'material plane' then maybe they don't have their own planes but rather places of power within the material? I don't have access to the storybook house item, so if someone does could they confirm/deny?
AQ DF  Post #: 3
9/12/2020 1:36:39   
JaiyeJr

As far as I recall, it was said in a lore-ama quite a while ago that niche elements like silver or (rest in peace) wood are strictly subelements. Silver and Wood are strictly shoot-offs of the Earth orb, and there are weaker orbs to correspond. If the earth orb was to fail then these elements would also fail.
I would assume things like Mana, Good, Evil, and ??? are 1: pure, raw mana or 2: manifestations of some divine or otherwise deific power that don't fit into the elemental magics.
Love can be assumed to be an offshoot of the fire orb, because yada yada the passion and heat of love, but that depends entirely on cultural context. I could say the same thing about the element good being a sub-element of light, but Uaanta's experience across the globe would contradict that since for it was light that almost destroyed the world. So maybe love for some part of the world would best be represented by wind.

tl;dr, maybe love is a sub-element of fire if Lore perceives love similar to how we would.
DF AQW  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Heart Elementals & a possible Elemental Plane of... Heart?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition