Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Are the new Paladin armors worth buying?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Are the new Paladin armors worth buying?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/20/2020 17:51:38   
battlesiege15

I was looking at the Paladin armors and think they're kind of neat. I was thinking about getting the Energy one just because I want a better Energy armor but wasn't sure if it's worth? My character is a lucky beast warrior so the first skill seems nice but I don't know if that character's stats (maxed STR/CHA/LUK) are good enough to make use of the second Nuke skill (which probably does not take CHA into consideration).

Has anyone gotten it with a similar build and liked it?

The Fire one looks neat too but I was going to buy the War armor (if I ever make it past that quest).

Thanks!
AQ AQW  Post #: 1
8/20/2020 18:51:14   
Legendary Ash

Taladosian Robes (Pre-Status/Future Status Armor Leans) and Starslayer's Energy Elecomp are higher.
Paladin Riders are flawed in design on several points:

1. The fact that it has both Weapon and Spell based skills is a point of consideration, although redundant as the player would seek to be consistent in using either on-hit effect or spell boosting weapons, not both as only the rare Adventurer starter class Figures exist to fill this niche.

2. Cha skills shares the cost of Int skills as their weapons take -25% damage like a Mage, with Str trained to use Melee/Ranged skills, which have lower costs, there is no reason to use Cha/Int skills when their effects/status conditions are excluded.

3. It was role-play oriented decision to split Cha from Str/Dex/Int skills, mechanically it was unnecessary at expense of a second skill having another unique effect/status condition despite compressing two skills. Paladin Rider (Light) is the only variant with two unique mechanics, but it requires the player to have trained both Int and Cha to be simultaneously useful and not redundant.
AQ  Post #: 2
8/20/2020 19:29:42   
battlesiege15

Yeah, the weapon based and spell based skills was interesting. I think the choice was made so it could be used by virtually every build. Although it takes CHA for stat bonuses, doesn't the skill still follow Melee/Ranged/Magic? If so, isn't the cost for using the Steed skill (CHA one) cheaper if using a Melee/Ranged than with a Magic weapon?

The CHA one has additional effects at least.

I'll just have to wait for another good Energy armor then. Was wanting an Energy Rider armor to use with the Joust Rider shield (which I sold it looks like anyways... whoops).
AQ AQW  Post #: 3
8/20/2020 23:09:43   
Legendary Ash

After reading the Sp costs for Paladin Riders, when wielding Melee/Ranged weapons the Weapon based Cha skill has the costs of Str/Dex skills and when wielding Magic weapons it has the costs of Int skills unlike Bard of War's Spell based Cha skill.

< Message edited by Legendary Ash -- 8/20/2020 23:15:44 >
AQ  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Are the new Paladin armors worth buying?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition