Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= August 21st Design Notes: The Maleurous: The Angel's Tomb

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= August 21st Design Notes: The Maleurous: The Angel's Tomb
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/21/2020 20:55:25   
  Peachii
Clairvoyant!

quote:

Verlyrus:
The Maleurous: The Angel's Tomb

Hey there, heroes!

Congratulations on completing the war early! Now, the finale is live- The Angel's Tomb. You, Uaanta, and your dragon have made it so far beneath the dragon graveyard, through the catacombs, smashing possessed skeletons along the way. All leading up to the confrontation against Voyna, the Angel of Azaveyr!

Is conflict inevitable? Is there no way to compromise?

Complete the finale to earn a new scythe, and a new book to add to the Libraseum's collection.

Also, since this war was on the shorter side, the wave counter will continue until next week's release, and Defender Medals will continue dropping for 2 weeks.

Head over to the war from the Book of Lore to face off against Voyna in The Angel's Tomb!

Finally, I'm taking next week off to just recover and cat nap, so Dove will be handling the Reimagined release! Please look forward to what he has in store for you!

Want to share your progres in the war with your fellow players? Have theories about the story? Feedback about recent releases? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Verlyrus
DF AQW  Post #: 1
8/21/2020 21:03:26   
CrazyHoundz

DoVerly once again showing their artistic talent and skillful game design! Voyna is one tough but fair boss, with many interesting mechanics, buffs and de-buffs that really make the fight very dynamic. Of course, the animations are absolutely stunning (no pun intended)! The book is a nice bonus too.

You definitely deserve some well-earned snooze-time, boxcat. Can't wait for what Dove has planned for next-week's Reimagined release!
DF  Post #: 2
8/21/2020 21:12:26   
Vaalirus

spoiler:

So is Voyna just dead now? Presumably, the spirit of doom is what was keeping her alive all these years and if their partnership has ended and if the calm has finally "found" her...

I have to wonder now what becomes of the doom spirit Voyna merged with. It seems too convenient that it will no longer be a problem and given the nature of the spirit and the fact that we found out that the artifact was FLUFFY REINCARNATED of all things, and Voyna was pretty clear that she had a special fate in line for our dragon, it seems that we could be seeing it again in the future. I'm also now curious if this was part of Voyna and the spirit's deal all along, Voyna receives help to combat the dragons on Azayver and in turn she helps track down both the dragon's of the savior and the destroyer to use again in all likelihood in the end goals of the Shadowscythe.

It would also now seem the Avatars are at the very least now open a little bit about answering our questions at least for now anyway.

Either way, we're down to two more Malerous to encounter the first one we saw with the red text box and the one hooked up to tubes so that's sure to be exciting.

Let us find tranquility.
DF  Post #: 3
8/21/2020 22:18:30   
Kyros123

@Vaalirus

I just noticed something: Look at the glowing green crown above Voyna's head. Then go and play the Madness quest in the Calamity Saga. In that one cutscene where Caitiff and the other Shadowscythe/Doom spirits and standing before what looks like a portal, one of the other Shadowscythe/Doom spirits is wearing the exact same or a similar looking crown. That's probably the spirit Voyna was merged with. The crown wearing Shadowscythe/Doom spirit also kinda looks like it wearing a cloak/cape similar to the Mysterious Stranger.

I think that proof that the writers had this planned from the beginning.

< Message edited by Kyros123 -- 8/21/2020 22:20:16 >
Post #: 4
8/21/2020 23:24:22   
Kurtz96

I can definitely see the The Maleurous as a board in the Inn of Time when all of them are revealed, just like the 7 sins. Voyna is already deathproof and immune to negative elemental resistances. An Inn version would probably do more damage, have more than 1 full heal, resist negative all, and inflict larger debuffs.
Just discovered that life carve bypasses deathproof since this is the first enemy that DmK V1 can be used against.

Do the 2 cosmetic weapons do anything? Thee last set inflicted DOTs but there is nothing in the description of these.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 8/21/2020 23:49:22 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
8/22/2020 0:09:43   
Vaalirus

@Kyros123

I knew about the similarities of Voyna's doom spirit noticeably having a crown above its head and the other doom entity that appears in Caitiff's vision from Kathool and I definitely agree that it seems likely that they are one and the same. What I'm curious about now though is if they are the same what are their plans now? They've lost Fluffy's egg, potentially our dragon for whatever they had planned, and now they've ditched their host. So I assume they'll wait as the Mysterious Stranger did to plan accordingly for this setback.

I also wonder about this crowned doom spirit's nature. Typically we've seen beings of doom to adorn the black and reddish aesthetic either in terms of their powers or appearance but this entity doesn't seem to follow that trend. Admittedly I suspected the green crown was going to be the only outlier but our fight with Voyna proves otherwise. This color change has caused me to notice some things because generally speaking the black and green, especially this shade of green, is often associated with powers of necromancy both noticeably in this series, Sally recently being an example, and in other fictional works.

Also couldn't help but notice that out of all the spirits in Caitiff's memory this one looks an alien grim reaper, all of this coupled with Voyna's scythe attacks and the sheer amount of undead she was creating, makes me think that this spirit of doom is some sort of specialized necromancer/lich creature, which if so would explain why there were so effective against the dragons, amongst their brethren and we're seeing that being translated into their abilities.

< Message edited by Vaalirus -- 8/22/2020 0:10:49 >
DF  Post #: 6
8/22/2020 3:03:21   
Cozek

I fought her 4 times now, tried changing my weapons and replace my pet dragon but I still can't figure out why I'm dealing 0 damage when she's standing at her last health point.

I don't exactly have the freedom to tryout different tactics as a f2p like bursting/stalling when I'm barely making it with soulweaver. Doing that long and tedious fight with nothing to show for isn't exactly fun.
Post #: 7
8/22/2020 3:13:04   
AstralCodex

You just need to give her a DoT to kill her.

Your pet dragon can do it with a single point in fighting, as can Nythera or any number of other guests.
DF  Post #: 8
8/22/2020 9:26:39   
spirit of greed

@Kyros123
Nice catch!

Doubt it's a coincidence. I guess we will fight all those doom spirits in the coming years, with some more invasions, wars and a lot of loss possible. After all the main villains of this game is not the Rose or Akanthus or even Sepulchure (even he fears them) but the doom spirits they were from the start and they always will be. They can't be satisfied until they bring the planet under darkness and i guess after seeing Caitiff's work they got motivated.

Though i honestly don't know how the staff will write those in the story seeing how a lesser doom spirit Caitiff almost destroyed lore, our dragon and killed so many people. We had a LOT of help taking it down and it was still a struggle. So i don't know how are we supposed to defeat one of those spirits let alone all of them. Though the design of them looks really cool i can't wait to see them.

spoiler:

Now that i'm thinking i'm curious if that Shadowscythe machine what Akanthus found will play a role in this
DF AQW  Post #: 9
8/22/2020 10:02:48   
Matreud

spoiler:

Yarek, Voyna's friend appears on the book of forbidden magicks for the creation of Yarek's Wish, a spell aparently similar to DnD's 9th tier spell, that he used to wish for peace in Azaveyr, but that ended up seemingly exploding his own body. Now, that could imply his spell failed, but alternatively, it might imply his destiny was to wage war against the dragons, a destiny Voyna seemed to have taken upon herself. Or yet another possibility is that the spell confused peace for piece, a wordplay that would lead to his pieces being found all over Azaveyr to this day.

Regardless, it seems he did not get killed by a dragon, at least not directly.
Post #: 10
8/22/2020 12:10:02   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

Great release as per usual as of late.

Enjoy your vacation Cat-man! Is it as simple as closing the flaps of the box itself and sending yourself off to a place you wish to go to...now that's a way to travel.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
8/22/2020 17:13:26   
EdyMaster

Why the cosmetic weapons are not DA tagged for free storage in the bank? I mean, why would an NDA player want to use a weapon with 0 damage since they can't use the "show items" function?
DF  Post #: 12
8/22/2020 18:17:26   
AstralCodex

Yeah, that's super odd as well. :|
DF  Post #: 13
8/22/2020 19:09:43   
Alm Nullamors

quote:

spoiler:

Yarek, Voyna's friend appears on the book of forbidden magicks for the creation of Yarek's Wish, a spell aparently similar to DnD's 9th tier spell, that he used to wish for peace in Azaveyr, but that ended up seemingly exploding his own body. Now, that could imply his spell failed, but alternatively, it might imply his destiny was to wage war against the dragons, a destiny Voyna seemed to have taken upon herself. Or yet another possibility is that the spell confused peace for piece, a wordplay that would lead to his pieces being found all over Azaveyr to this day.

Regardless, it seems he did not get killed by a dragon, at least not directly.

Just so any exclusive forumites are aware, Dove jossed that connection on Discord and he will be changing the name in the book soon.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
8/22/2020 19:27:16   
LigerBeard

Just beat the boss, and I'm happy to report that it captivated me just as much as I thought it would!

Also, Yarek's Staff is a perfect cosmetic weapon for Necromancer!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
8/23/2020 9:20:01   
Matreud

quote:

Just so any exclusive forumites are aware, Dove jossed that connection on Discord and he will be changing the name in the book soon.
]

I didn't realize that. Oh well, thanks for informing us
Post #: 16
8/23/2020 15:56:04   
Roxas45

Been really busy this week with passport work. Glad I came back for the ending.
I loved the fight. I feel for Vonya, and wish that we could have recruited her as an ally. Seemed like she would have been great for it.

But one thing.. I feel that this is a cruel trick of fate,
spoiler:

that the Savior's egg returns. That means that the prophecy is still possible, and in a sense, Fluffy's sacrifice at the end had less gravitas... Not to mention that I'm now uneasy for the first time that life on Lore can easily be a never ending cycle of wins and defeats, but ultimately leading to nothing.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
8/24/2020 9:19:48   
Kyros123

@Roxas45

You might not be aware of this unless you keep up with all of the Artix Entertainment games but Lore is literally an acronym for Land Of Rising Evil. Lore has always been stuck in a cycle where Evil rises to be defeated by the forces of Good, only to rise again somewhere down the line stronger than before. Though the question of whether this guarantees Evils inevitable victory still remains to be answered. Granted, maybe the writers of DragonFable will drop this plot point entirely since DragonFable is now an entirely different game from when it was first conceived as AdventureQuest's prequel.
Post #: 18
8/24/2020 14:44:37   
Roxas45

@Kyros123. I was not aware of this. I played Mechquest and DF quite seriously for some time, but I never got into the story of AQ or AQW as such.

But this still makes me extremely uncomfortable as a notion or an idea of the whole "eternally fighting till nothing" part of things.
Personal issue this time around.

DF DOES seem like it may deviate, much like how MQ deviated after "the reset".
But yes, thank for letting me know about Lore.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 19
8/24/2020 17:57:01   
Primal Light Dragon

So... what do the Rare Waves mean? I couldn't find discussion of them in the War thread, so... anyone have any clue?

Ego sum egredietur tempestas, manifestum chaos, et ascendit hominum.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
8/24/2020 18:58:23   
Vaalirus

^ Rare waves are just waves that rarely appear with one, or three if I recall correctly from Framallar's rare wave war, enemy you have to fight instead of the usual enemy count.
DF  Post #: 21
8/24/2020 19:26:14   
AstralCodex

Yep, they're just shorter waves that aren't as common as the other waves (hence 'rare').
DF  Post #: 22
8/26/2020 2:34:09   
mds2006

I miss when they were "joke" waves with a single enemy, with your character saying some silly thing as they walk toward it
Post #: 23
8/26/2020 12:07:33   
Primal Light Dragon

Huh. On the one hand, I like the rare waves (for defender medals, they're great for farming).
On the other hand, they've been a thing for a while, and what I'm curious about is why they're being counted separately in the "you helped with X waves!" counter.

Why have a Rare Wave counter? Do they not count towards the war? Do they count extra? If they're the same, are they a "remember our benevolence, you got X easy waves!" sort of thing?

I'm more mildly confused by the labeling than blindsided by the 1-enemy waves. Is it just... there, I guess?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
8/26/2020 15:49:02   
AstralCodex

The rare waves count toward the main counter as well. So if you see 500 (43), that means you've done 500 waves total, of which 43 are rare.
DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= August 21st Design Notes: The Maleurous: The Angel's Tomb
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition