Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Weapons from GGB

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Weapons from GGB
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/31/2020 7:53:03   
Milkisnice

Hello guys, I've just started the game a few days ago, and got lucky with the giftboxes. The question is, are the weapons and armors good for use throughout the game? (Or do I need to swap them later on). I'm currently level 50, and here are a few weapons and armors I have:

Weapons:
Blazing Bloodzerker
Vorpal Sword
SeaSaw
Perfectly Balanced Blade
Star Sabre of Paficism
Gatekeepers Edge

Armor:
Terra Bloodzerker
Headless Horseman

Thank you in advance!
Post #: 1
8/31/2020 8:44:33   
Primate Murder

Bloodzerker armors and weapons remain some of the strongest nuke equipment in AQ and they scale with your level.

There's a ton of other useful stuff, but that generally depends on your build.
AQ DF  Post #: 2
8/31/2020 9:23:15   
Milkisnice

Thank you! I am currently a werepyre and I wanna become a paladin, so my stats are kinda mixed.

I currently have around:

125 STR
55 DEX
30 INT
20 END
20 LUK

I dont know if its alright to build this way xD

I also have the Call Dunamis

< Message edited by Milkisnice -- 8/31/2020 9:24:15 >
Post #: 3
8/31/2020 11:35:29   
Sqwall

Well spreading your stats is one if not THE worst thing you can do. Pick a class or hybrid of some sort and stick to the build. Having 3 stats is advisable, 4 is stretching it. Later on problems will start to arise because of those stats - now it's not too visible because at low levels it's mostly easy but later on it will not be - you will start missing attacks a lot, wont be able to apply statuses with any consistency, fail on checks rolls.
The thing is the game works off "expected stats" which means certain enemy or whatever you are rolling against will check for your level and then cross reference it with the "expected stat" for that level then when it rolls against you it will not roll against your personal stat but against that "expected stat" for your level. So if you have all 6 stats equal for instance you will have 125 in all (max level of 150 times 5 (the points you get per level) = 750/6 = 125). Now i don't know all the expected stats per level (i'm sure they are listed somewhere on the forums) but the max are obvious - at 150 level you will be expected to have 250 on a stat you are rolling against and with spread stats you will have 125 - i'm sure you can see where this is going.
So first pick a build , then limit your stats to 3 or maybe 2 maxed 1 a bit lowered and some points in a 4th like say warrior 250 STR/DEX with 200 LUK and 50 END but still keep the 3rd high.

EDIT: Also having a build will make it vastly easier for people to help you when you tell them you want advice for say a mage character for example.

EDIT 2: I decided to maybe mention a bit about builds in case you were wondering. In this game (at least in theory) you have 2 types of builds: Pure and Hybrid. Pure builds have 1 different stat depending on what you want to be - the 2 usual suspects are DEX and LUK - DEX gives the VAST bulk of accuracy and LUK gives a bit of further accuracy and damage for your Lucky Strikes (if it's 0 you never get Lucky Strikes). Then it's STR for warriors AND most rangers (everything that is not a firearm still takes STR for it's bonus damage and firearms are very few in the game (beats me why crossbows still take STR for bonus damage)), INT for mages or CHA for Beastmasters. From these 3 staples people can hybridize - usually the most expendable stat to go is LUK. From that you get the Hybrids - say something like Beastmaster Mage - DEX/INT/CHA or Tank Warrior - STR/DEX/END or Fighter Mage - STR/DEX/INT. The point is the stat you deem as main stat and the DEX are always there. And from there if you feel maybe too fragile you could go say a bit tankier Fighter Mage - 250 STR/INT (since you are Fighter Mage you technically have 2 main stats so you keep those) 200 DEX and 50 END - that way you are not glass cannon but you will land less hits - something you will have to compensate with Misc items but when you land a hit you still get to do the same damage as a Pure class. Of course you don't get Lucky Strikes either.
That's the main jest of things.

Hope this helps.

< Message edited by Sqwall -- 8/31/2020 11:58:18 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
8/31/2020 12:58:07   
Milkisnice

Ah, I see, thank you for your help. I was kinda wondering which stats to focus on, but I guess I will focus on mainly STR and DEX with INT behind for now, since Call Dunamis does not take mana anyway.
Post #: 5
9/1/2020 2:04:50   
Sqwall

Just a little mention in case you didn't notice that in Dunamis description - this one is for melee weapons and skills. Also maybe it's good to mention that among the weapons melee ones deal the best damage (broadly speaking). Bows have a "special special" that makes them stronger than other weapons (usually special happen 20% of the time while this happens 100% of the time thus basically replacing the regular attack and is generally 2 hits) BUT they don't use the bonus attack stats coming from the armor you have which makes them ideal for FD (fully defensive armors) since they have low damage bonus. And magic weapons flat out do 75% of a melee equivalent. So as long as you have STR, use FO (fully offensive) armors and especially with Dunamis stick to melee weapons - you will get the most damage out of them.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
9/1/2020 11:11:29   
Milkisnice

Thanks for the tips!
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Weapons from GGB
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition