Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= September 11th Design Notes: Book 3: The Royal Resistance

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= September 11th Design Notes: Book 3: The Royal Resistance
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/12/2020 23:40:11   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

quote:

Verlyrus:
Book 3: The Royal Resistance

Hey there, heroes!

This week in DragonFable, Book 3's main story continues! Last time, you saved Swordhaven from a sandy fate and the rift and surrounding areas were secured. Now, it's time for The Greenguard Alliance to turn their sights toward Doomwood.

Energy elementals are running amok among the trees under the eternally darkened skies, and it seems that the key to bringing the Doomwood rift under control lies in some ancient ruins on the border between Doomwood and the Whispering Steppes...

It's time to head out on a new expedition in this week's quest, A Storm in the Night!

Meet with Queen Victoria in Book 3 Swordhaven to begin.

Also this week, a few bug fixes.
  • Certain Frostval Ruby Helms no longer give undefined resistances.
  • Fixed a bug where some classes would not reset the player's eyes after battle.
  • The Professor's Safety Helms and Wargoth's Forged Visages are now destroyable.
  • Fixed a bug where the quest Betrubung Expedition could generate with no path forward.
    Next week, we have more main story, with the establishment of The Greenguard Alliance faction camps and waves!

Having trouble with any fights? Have feedback about recent releases? Have any crazy theories or ideas? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Verlyrus

• Tagged! ~Peachii

< Message edited by Peachii -- 9/13/2020 2:38:41 >
    DF  Post #: 1
    9/13/2020 0:23:51   
    wer

love the new art work in Doomwood! Hope to see the Doomwood characters again soon
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
    9/13/2020 2:38:51   
    LurkBlackSmith

spoiler:

Hehehe, I can see that Safiria going be the one sending us onto the Tytan of Doomwood in her own rough and craziness way ever and perhaps with a rough landing and our dragon enjoyed it not us the players!

Hahaha!

< Message edited by LurkBlackSmith -- 9/13/2020 2:39:35 >
    DF  Post #: 3
    9/13/2020 5:25:28   
    Vaalirus

spoiler:

Oh Jaania Jaania Jaania, for one small tiny moment I'd thought there a was a sliver of a chance you'd see that you would see that this obsession was not the way to go about things....and then you said the one word no sentient being wants to hear from someone in your position of power and mental state.

It's nice seeing Alteon stay back to watch over Robina to see how well she's been running the kingdom in his absence, certainly a better option for her to have someone she knows and loves to watch over her and perhaps even help her when she has those moments where she feels she can't be as strong on her own as she would like although that might be dependent on whether Alteon feels he can reveal his identity yet though I suspect even if he couldn't reveal himself he'd still help her out emotionally if need be. A good support system unlike when Jaania was advising her that one time.

Those notes aside I'm curious as to what the vampire/werewolf accord is looking like right now.

Also, the focus being near some underground ruins in Doomwood of all places? Electrified undead? Hmmmmmmmm

DF  Post #: 4
    9/13/2020 13:41:07   
    mds2006

spoiler:

And of course the naive, pointless comfort and advice fall on deaf, insane, evil, demented ears. I can't even begin to pretend to fathom any possible reason why Kara even thought of trying anything in the first place, or expected it to do literally anything of note except potentially make things worse later...
    Post #: 5
    9/13/2020 19:01:27   
    Primal Light Dragon

spoiler:

mds2006, I can understand your frustration. The problem here, unfortunately... well, to start is that Jaania has been allowed to assume a great deal of power after randomly attacking 1. Warlic (ok, she had reason to be mad at him), 2. Xan (who has been dangerous for a while), and 3. The Hero (she had no good reason to freeze the hero, and should not have been allowed to assume power after doing so).

After she gained power, she's clearly been in the midst of Sunk Cost Fallacy and Justifications, but the real problem at the moment is her being in the middle of (another) psychotic break. Her sanity, assuming she was conscious in the ice, is in a clear, precarious state, and she should receive therapy (and possibly wipe her memory of that time of extended paralysis). What Kara's doing is trying to break through the walls of justifications and self-delusion, and turn Jaania into a sane authority figure- it's worthwhile! Unfortunately, Jaania's sanity is... largely a facade, at this point. I don't believe Kara knows that.

In the mean time, I love the fulgurite ring (I love fulgurite in general; the stuff is awesome), and I can't wait to find out whatever energy-elemental-person we're going to meet this time has been up to.

< Message edited by Primal Light Dragon -- 9/13/2020 19:02:38 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
    9/14/2020 16:39:33   
    anime_rpg

Agreed, great new art in Doomwood.

spoiler:

@mds2006 It seemed to be implied that Kara and Jaania used to be friends.

I actually didn't realise that was Alteon until this cutscene. I remember previously wondering why Kara had a bodyguard that wasn't one of her normal advisors, but I cannot really remember seeing the bodyguard so was it only the one other time? I'll be redoing The Greenguard Alliance soon when we can play the other camps, so will see soon.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
    9/16/2020 18:39:57   
    scifijimmy

I find the title "The Royal Resistance" interesting. I see the connection to the energy types of monsters that we will be fighting, but is there more to it between Victoria and Jaania.
    AQ DF  Post #: 8
    9/16/2020 22:24:21   
    wer

Why would a sovereign queen be resisting exactly? Interesting quest name indeed.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= September 11th Design Notes: Book 3: The Royal Resistance
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition