Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

150, havent played in two years, advice?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> 150, havent played in two years, advice?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/30/2020 21:47:51   
LadyEidolon10371

Character Link : here
Level & Status : 150 X-Guardian
Build : Pure Mage [Fully offensive]
Armor of Awe/UltraGuardian Element (If Applicable): Darkness
Custom Weapon none
Level(s) of Items with Multiple Versions : as far as I know, all of my items are max level
Alignment (Good/Evil or Chaos/Unity) : Evil/Unity
Notes : I've been active on and off for the last 4 years, I've taken the past few months to get some gear appropriate to my level , if any stat changes need to happen, I'm fine with that, I might not be aware of new areas within the past 4 years that could help me in any way, always willing to learn
Goals : Maximize damage while still having very good survivability (health), i eventually want to be able to take on the legends of lore gauntlet, spell scrolls, and, mastercraft quests, I am currently struggling with low mana
Z-Tokens (If Applicable): 99

also, where is the best place to refill mana potions?

< Message edited by LadyEidolon10371 -- 10/30/2020 22:10:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
10/31/2020 1:59:58   
Primate Murder

Let's see if I can help...

First of all, the stat cap has been raised to 250, which means you need at least 250 Int if you want the mp to cast 4 spells. Most FO mages go for 250 Int/Dex/Luck, though you can split between Luck and End if you want a safety net.

Secondly, the Vampire subrace is usually the better choice for FO mages. It has an Int drive, a quickcast (doesn't cost a turn) stun and an Evolved Form that has high damage, lifesteal and sustainable upkeep.

Next, I suggest you familiarize yourself with Commonly Used Strategies, particularly the Purple Rain loop. The basic idea of the modern meta is to stun-lock the monster, then crush it with powerful ele-comped skills. Maximum damage at minimum risk.

Edit: For potions, people usually use the Triple Challenge (Guardian Tower -> Right -> Up -> Click on the Glowing Portal -> Triple Challenge).

Weapons

If you don't have Arcane Cutlass of Gales, I suggest switching your no-drop element to wind, as it lacks any other exceptional weapons. It might also be a good idea to switch your Awe special to PWD (3% chance of insta-kill) or Mana Vamp if you still have mp problems.

By far the best spellcasting weapon is Arcane Cutlass of Combustion, giving all your fire spells +28% damage, but it's a UR. Next up are the Blazing Bloodzerker Blade (Rare GGB) and Pyromancer's Bloodblade (coming to the Void in ~2 months), which pay hp for a boost to your weapon attacks and fire spells. Until you can get one of them, a fire Magestave or even just Sila's Staff could be used to enhance your D-Burst (and War armor's Carnage) damage.

I would suggest picking up the Kindred sword for water, as having an autohit weapon can really save your bacon in certain situations.

Keep Cryomancer's Bloodblade for the time being. When you eventually get Cryomancer Bloodmage, Arctic Athame would be a bettter choice, as it provides a nice damage boost to your ice spells.

Terra Bloodzerker blade gives an hp-costing damage boost to your weapon attacks and earth spells. If you don't have a spare Rare GGB, you can choose between Arcane Troll Club (toggle to increase weapon damage at expense of accuracy) and Mutant King Club (compresses an elelocked earth armor with a skill).

Bloodzerker sword remains one of the top options for energy.

Paladin has some nice light spells, so you'll eventually want to replace your Bloodblade with an Arcane Cutlass.

Blackbones boosts the damage of your D-Burst.

Armors

I would suggest switching your no-drop to insightful armor of Awe - you're not likely to use the armor much anyway, but the qc mana shield can occasionally be useful.

The meta focuses on armors with powerful elecomped skills. As such, the best mage armors would be the Bloodmages - 50% extra spell damage for an hp cost and a compressed spell with a high elecomp. Pyromancer comes to the Void in ~2 months, and Hydromancer, Cryomancer, Dynamancer and Lumenomancer are in UR GGBs. Until you get enough URs, War's Legacy, WHEEL, Taladosian, Paladin and your Horo Show are powerful f2p alternatives.

For the time being, I suggest using your Vamp no-drop as your wind armor, as Warmaster's Burst already gives you a wind nuke. Alternatively, you can either wait until Grenwog for Tyranochicken Rex Rider or get Grenwog Rider from URs, as both have spell-type wind skills.

Terra Bloodzerker is the best available earth armor, with an hp-costing damage bonus to weapon attacks and a 2x damage elelock toggle. It is a UR, though. If you don't have one to spare, either Mutant King Form (from the Mutant King Club) or Cthonian Count (alt-element vampire) are good enough options.

For darkness, the Vamp no-drop should work nicely, but if you want a stronger nuke, you can either get Brilhado Necromancer Robes for the boost to D-Burst damage, or the Silk Screamer Rider from the current Void challenge (spell-type darkness skill).

Shields

Avenger's Bulwark (fire if you switch your knight to Stormfallen) slowly charges up a free EleShield.

Celtic Wheel remains the best option for nuke mages. If you still have mp problems, Kindred shield charges up a qc mana regen.

Pies has a Cha drive to enhance your damage by boosting Poes.

Golem Guard has a small damage reduction toggle. At Harvest Fest you can get Serenia's Guard, which heals a bit of mp each time you're hit.

Umazen Aspis is a -26 energy shield.

Scarab Shell has a toggle to lower monster MRM, increasing the accuracy of all your attacks and spells.

Lantern of Souls has a small chance to autoblock any hit.

Spells

Your armor nukes, as a rule, will be stronger than any generic spell. As such, there are only a few damage spells worth looking at:

- Warmaster's Burst and your D-Burst deal +50% damage for an hp cost.

- Sizzler 'Splosion sacrifices some damage, but autohits - useful against high MRM wind mobs.

- Knife to Meat You is a qc, 1/battle earth damage spell. Only available at Mogloween.

- Archmage Research or Runic Binding give you a source of Harm damage.

The Poelala guest gives a large damage boost to your magical attacks and spells.

Gandolphin is great for mages who want more survivabilty (especially with Rejuvenating Necklace). It gives a qc Mana Shield, one that's even more powerful with Generalist Robes (imbue toggled).

Purple Rain is one of the most useful meta spells, to the point where there's an entire strategy build around it (see Purple Rain Loop in Commonly Used Strategies linked above). It acts as a save point - cast it once to save your current sp/mp/hp, then cast all your buffs (like Arcane Amp and SFP) and debuffs (like Mesmerize), then cast Purple Rain again to return your sp/mp/hp back. Here are some spells you can cast inside the PR loop:

- Your Arcane Amp.

- Moonwalker's Grace. Qc Dex booster.

- Edoc Imanok. Qc MRM boost, enhances your blocking.

- Angry Trobble. Accuracy boost for several turns. Not qc.

- Dragonguard Invocation. Makes your next attack an automatic Lucky Strike. Not qc.

Pets

At 0 Cha, you have little reason to use anything except Poelala. The only exception I can think of is the Kindred pet, as it can gather charges for the Kindred weapon/shield.

Miscs

Keep Essence Orb for sp and Taladosian Pendant for a boost to Vamp's Mesmerize infliction.

Rejuvenating Necklace gives mp based on damage dealt. A great way to solve your mana issues.

Shadowfeeder Pendant is one of the best meta enablers - by clicking on it, you can get qc celerity; great synergy with Purple Rain and any elecomped nukes. Love Potion is another great meta misc (qc control), but it only comes back at Snugglefest.

Goggernaut Helm gives +10 bth to every attack on the field, without the usual /2 for spells.

Grakma Warhorn's Berserk gives a notable damage bonus (not /2 for spells, making it the strongest spell booster), but at the expense of accuracy. Eye of Osiris (Int and bth) or Murderator Gauntlet (Int and control chance) are some nice alternatives.

Bell Shell heals a bit of your hp based on damage dealt. The heal is less than CoRS', but it also doesn't reduce your damage, making it an overall better choice for FO builds.

Morningstar Helm gives immunity to paralysis. If you want something a little more sp-efficient, Blood Ruby and Liquid Courage give resistances to paralysis and fear respectively.

Hope the info's useful and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 10/31/2020 2:17:52 >
AQ DF  Post #: 2
11/4/2020 18:19:04   
LadyEidolon10371

Thank you, it is, the only problem I am having now is getting past the first monster for the cure... :/
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> 150, havent played in two years, advice?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition