+1 to what TFS said.
I'll add that you're wrong about int being on top. Technomancer is one of the few free non-base class locked classes that actually uses INT. Here's a list of free classes, as well as what mainstat you should use for endgame play:
- Ascended Chickencow - STR: Summon Arrester has long CD. The two other high damage moves (Ascended Strike, Wrath of Chickencow) are not autocrits.
- Chickencow - STR: No autocrit or +crit skill (you really only have two usable skills).
- Deathknight - STR: the autocrit has a super long CD and low base damage, and Dreadblade, the highest damage move, is not an autocrit. DEX is also defensible if you're offensive gearswapping for autocrit and dreadblade.
- DragonLord - STR: Eye has a long CD and low base damage. The two highest damage moves (Soul, Heart) are both not autocrits.
- DragonSlayer - STR: Keen Eye has long CD and low base damage. The highest damage move (Fire Dragon) is also not an autocrit.
- Evolved ChickenCow - STR: There are arguments for INT since some skills are magic locked, but BBQ, MCCA, and Eggteor are all non autocrits.
- Master Soulweaver - STR: This is closer because Valor Impact is a decently sized (240%) autocrit you use every 6 turns, but Sync is not an autocrit and way bigger.
- Necromancer - STR: Summon Champion has long CD and low base damage. Most of your direct damage comes from seed + familiar, which is not an autocrit. DEX is also defensible if you're offensive gearswapping for seed + familiar.
- Ninja - STR: Massive strike has decent damage relative to your other skills, but super long CD. Catalyst is where most of your direct damage comes from, and isn't an autocrit. DEX is also defensible since you have 100% DoT uptime. The actual answer is CHA because Dragon.
- Paladin - STR: Holy Wrath is a decent sized autocrit, but most of your damage still comes from non crit skills. Cor Lucem is basically never used as it's good locked. Again, the actual answer is CHA because dragon.
- Pirate - STR: While Locker has decent damage, it has a super long CD and most of your damage comes from non autocrit skills. Again, the actual answer is CHA because dragon.
- Ranger - STR/DEX: While Ranger has loopable +200 Crit, the mechanics of the class mean you're locked into STR/DEX.
- Soulweaver - INT: Concentrate gives +200 Crit, and most of your damage comes from Sync, which benefits from concentrate.
- Technomancer - INT: High uptime +50 crit and a powerful low CD autocrit in Force Sword
So among the 14 non DC/SO/Seasonal classes, 8 use STR for sure, 3 use either STR or DEX, one uses STR+DEX, and only two use INT. Even adding in the base classes for 23 total, we would end up with ~12.5 STR, ~4.5 DEX, 1 STR+DEX, and 5 INT. I wouldn't call that "INT being on top".
EDIT: I agree that Technomancer is really strong. In my opinion, it's probably the best non-base locked non DC/SO class, with its chief weakness being a lack of early burst.
< Message edited by AstralCodex -- 11/6/2020 0:32:10 >