Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Item Build Composition

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Item Build Composition
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/19/2020 21:01:50   
BlitzAegis

With the Paladin update, I was wondering if it was worth it to pair up Ebony Sepulchure Form ability to turn monster into undead and use Paladin armor purely for dealing damage. Would this synergy allow me to fight any monster purely in Paladin armor?

Which weapon be the best in dealing the highest amount of damage by using normal attacks and the Paladin's offensive skills. I was thinking about either just using the Paladin armament, Doom Knight Blade, Legion Doom Bringer (ICE combined with 250% ice ele vulnerability using x3 Frostval of past weapons) or any other suggestions would be appreciated together with calculation of damage output.

Also, is the shield armament good enough to deal with any undead-turned monsters or do I need some other shields to compensate for damaging status effect from enemies?
Post #: 1
11/19/2020 22:33:54   
RobynJoanne

In truth, I think you'd be better off just doing damage normally because it is not always possible to turn something undead. Ebony Sepulchure Form needs to do damage with its skill, and the monster needs to fail two rolls. This is easier with something like Cracked Ornament, but it can be a big setback if you fail. Even if you do succeed, you'd need to do enough damage with Paladin to justify wasting a turn with a relatively weak skill on a sub-optimal element.

If you are set on using Paladin for "everything," Doom Knight Blade is the strongest on its own because of its extra damage trigger as mentioned in a recent Q&A discussion. However, the Frostval Past weapons provide a substantial multiplicative bonus to all ice damage, and Legion Doom Knight would allow you to treat all weapon damage as if on 100% resistances. Honestly, I think you're better off using Armour of Frostval Past to imbue with Ice. This will allow you to use Paladin's weapon-based skills and to take advantage of special interactions. Like Terror Eater, Doom Knight Blade gets far more powerful if imbued against higher elemental resistances when darkness resistances are really low. Of course, the issue is that you will occasionally find monsters with higher ice resistances than darkness resistances, which Legion Doom Knight would serve you better on. However, you could then use Radiant Edge instead for those occasions since Legion Doom Knight doesn't get a damage boost like Radiant Edge. A Bloodblade would also do fine since they actually get a stronger boost than Radiant Edge even when triggering against undead.

While I don't think there are enough monsters that deal status damage to make Resonant Bulwark insufficient, there's no reason you cannot run a full inventory of shields. I think it would still be better than those shields for most monsters because status effects generally will not surpass the increased direct damage taken from using other shields. Challenge Doombringer would be an exception, but that monster's a challenge for a reason.

Forgive the lack of damage calculations since I'm not mathematically inclined, but I do think my conclusions are backed by evidence.
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Item Build Composition
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition