Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Frostval 2020 - All Alone

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Frostval 2020 - All Alone
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/18/2020 12:22:11   
Tacos

Got to the end and... I can't tell if I forgot most of the parts of the Devourer Saga, or I'm just really confused and can't follow when I got to the climax.
AQ AQW  Post #: 26
12/18/2020 12:33:29   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

spoiler:

Twilly's last lines in that exchange are:

Twilly: Battle ON? You haven't been listening, stranger. The fighting ends here. Nothing can reach us anymore, so we don't need to fight back. And if we start fighting each other again... HE will come.
Twilly: So it'd be better if you surrender quickly. Then I can take you to my hospital and we can be friends after you recover...

As of the reason, it's actually a combination of that and the character's lines.

spoiler:

Blue Mage: That's what this nightmare *is*. It meanders and gets sidetracked, as dreams do, but this thinnest shell of your fear is your escape. The world where you don't fight. Where no one does.
Blue Mage: The world where your very nature is so forbidden that your name and anything like it have come to an end. With all the cold tyranny that it takes to drag the pulse of the world to a screeching halt.

The ending does draw on Devourer Saga lore more directly than the main story has, representing a fear of the nastier implications of being a friend to the gods. A required concept to understand it would be

spoiler:

Remembering the meaning of Omega - the title of The'Galin's avatar. And the role such a servant follows during the Manifestation. The Chosen's dreams, then, are showing you a fear even worse than giving in as War and becoming bound to that role: A hypothetical scenario in which Lore becomes hopelessly corrupt and they are called upon to test it.

< Message edited by Cray -- 12/18/2020 12:37:49 >
Post #: 27
12/19/2020 5:20:30   
Noone

I liked this. Unlike a lot of the Dragonlorn Keep stuff I got this one instantly. When Twilly said "HE" I initially thought the King of Terror maybe. But with the final bit, it all falls into place.
Post #: 28
12/19/2020 23:05:09   
Zennistrad

I have to congratulate Cray here — that was genuinely the most unsettling thing I ever remember experiencing in the game. Feeling that the place you've come to call home has turned hostile is one of the most viscerally disturbing things one can experience, and it's used to great effect here.

(That said, a part of me feels like maybe the game has gotten "horror" and "terror" backwards, but really the fact that this is the only complaint I have speaks to how well this questline was executed.)
AQ  Post #: 29
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Frostval 2020 - All Alone
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition