Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Frostval Gift Delivery Finale

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Frostval Gift Delivery Finale
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/9/2021 21:07:48   
Macho Man

^So far just the shield,
spoiler:

fire shield that can do a once per battle sp skill to reduce damage intake and hp/mp regen for 3 turns
. The armour is still on it's way.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
1/9/2021 21:22:15   
OG Ranger

@Kurtz96 Insider confirmed.
AQ  Post #: 27
1/9/2021 21:23:30   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The melee giftbox weapon is open and Kamui has already posted the info subs!
AQ  Post #: 28
1/9/2021 22:00:31   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The shield giftbox is open and the armor is in the Gift Delivery war shop!

< Message edited by The Hollow -- 1/9/2021 22:04:04 >
AQ  Post #: 29
1/9/2021 23:07:46   
Tacos

@Macho Man
I mean the giftbox armour, not the one from the war
AQ AQW  Post #: 30
1/9/2021 23:08:40   
dragonofchaos

is there going to be titles or anything else added to the war shop?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
1/9/2021 23:22:34   
Tacos

Uuuhhh, I need tips on beating that first boss fight. I'm not sure if The War Within counts as undead/whatever for Paladin since even going defensive takes off huge chunks of my health with Paladin on. Or perhaps it is a puzzle boss like the description seems to imply?
AQ AQW  Post #: 32
1/9/2021 23:24:29   
zekefreed777

@Tacos use zorbak ally assist because the 1st boss is not undead and can knock you out if you don't do that quick enough with the right gear.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
1/9/2021 23:44:47   
dragonofchaos

1st boss attacks normally with darkness exclusively, SP attacks goes heavy damage fire -> heavy damage darkness -> status causing no damage, and then repeats.

the statuses are burn fear and maybe one other, fear is the big issue status effect because it can easily cause you to be unable to switch your defenses when he's recharged enough SP to do the heavy fire damage attack.

i use kitsune and shikyo mask, as well as demon's armor, and swapping between fire and darkness shield, and can now beat him regularly.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 34
1/10/2021 0:10:37   
J9408

Wow, the Giftbox delivery armor is quite good. Although I'm not sure how to feel it being Mage focus.
Post #: 35
1/10/2021 0:22:29   
Ryu Draco

So, am I the only one who spent the entire time thinking the moon was going to attack at the end?
AQ  Post #: 36
1/10/2021 0:24:12   
Zork Knight

I was expecting Carnax to be the final boss tbh
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 37
1/10/2021 0:31:02   
Kurtz96

what was that final shot of us standing there going oh? Was that suppose to be a hint or call back?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 38
1/10/2021 0:54:58   
dragonofchaos

yeah, I didn't get that either
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 39
1/10/2021 1:02:25   
Greldracion

^^^^
From Cray on the Dragonfable discord
quote:

The bed is still in the Nightmare Realm. You got sent back to the exact same room where everything started, because people forgot all about the bed.
AQ  Post #: 40
1/10/2021 1:56:48   
OverLordOfDeath

Imagine if the moon attacked you. It's Majora's Mask all over again.
Post #: 41
1/10/2021 1:58:42   
dragonofchaos

i thought that was the sun not the moon? but if the moon was the final boss it would make the giftboxen make a lot more sense
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
1/10/2021 2:04:40   
Question Mark?

Return of the spell caster lean! Ah, how I missed you! ^_^
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 43
1/10/2021 2:45:28   
OG Ranger

I wish the nightmare queen had a challenge version where she could put you to sleep and eat your dreams or something. Can you sleep in the dream world?
AQ  Post #: 44
1/10/2021 3:04:31   
Ryu Draco

All I know is the thing kept winking at me.
AQ  Post #: 45
1/10/2021 5:57:48   
CH4OT1C!

I'll wait until the end of the delivery to post my full thoughts. With that said...

Don't get me wrong, I think the Dreamweaver armour is a really interesting piece of gear mechanically. The ability for it to switch between FD and Spellcaster lean (huge fan of the lean returning in principle) is great, and I like how the MC was put into SP regeneration, making the form a bit more sustainable. However, I can't really fathom out how the armour has been balanced because:

1). The reason why spellcaster lean has been absent is partly because of the backlash it faced when it was first released. The amount of compensation it receives has previously been called into question, as well as the boost being additive (other leans are multiplicative). It doesn't seem like anything has changed (the boost is lower, but I suspect that this is due to the ele-resists), so the same problems are still there
2). I can understand why the 196sp per turn cost can pay for the +25% spell boost, but I don't see any compensation for you being locked out of pets, weapons and miscs.

It seems like a really good idea for an armour that hasn't been fully balanced.

AQ  Post #: 46
1/10/2021 9:09:28   
Primate Murder

A heartwarming quest full of Frostval cheer (with a side dish of horror and terror).

Though the 2020 Frostval painting description seems somewhat inaccurate. We didn't really save Frostval from the Nightmare Queen - for one thing, she didn't really do anything to threaten it, and for another, we were the ones being saved.
AQ DF  Post #: 47
1/10/2021 9:14:36   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

Technically, you did tank her attention. Though generally the party tank is doing more protecting than running... Kiting! That's right, you were heroically kiting the boss all month.
Post #: 48
1/10/2021 11:40:32   
battlesiege15

Hi staff, thank you so much for your hard work! The Giftboxen seem very interesting so far and can't wait for the rest of them to open.
spoiler:

I do have 1 request though, would it be possible to created Ice and Fire variants of the GGB so they can have synergy with the weapons too? It seems a little strange that the shield set bonus only applies if you're using the Melee Light weapon but you don't get a benefit with the Ice gun or the Fire wand. This doesn't affect my playstyle in anyway but others may want to be able to have this option. Maybe a way could be with be to have the shield you can swap using the Upgrader to either a Fire shield or Ice shield so you can only have 1 of the shield in your inventory at the same time? I'm not sure how this would work via the vault though if you had multiple Guardian characters purchase the scaling shield.

Also, so is the Melee weapon and shield from Zelda? Never played those games but they seem close enough to that lol
AQ AQW  Post #: 49
1/10/2021 11:53:38   
Mike Dragonblade

@battlesiege15
spoiler:

Yes the melee and shield are from Zelda and it seems they are meant to be used together because the shields doubles the MC effect of the sword if used together. I guess the other weapons didn't get a shield because thematically the Nintendo characters didn't have a shield.

AQ DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Frostval Gift Delivery Finale
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition