Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Frostval Gift Delivery Finale

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Frostval Gift Delivery Finale
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/12/2021 14:27:03   
J9408

I know. This is just my opinion, but when it comes to healing, I prefer consistency.

I fought against the void dragons, but their high block rates really made the pet frustrating to use.

It is very useful though if you want SP.
Post #: 76
1/12/2021 17:06:12   
Lv 1000

While the pet is AMAZING, I'm somewhat bummed that I can't access both elements of it at the same time. Those that bought multiple copies of the pet box automatically have an advantage over those that bought only one copy. I don't know if there is a solution for this issue, this year.. BUT in future years, if there are multiple versions of a giftboxen item, I suggest that multiple versions of the box be buy-able so that everyone gets the same thing.
Post #: 77
1/12/2021 17:07:47   
OG Ranger

I agree. It's inconsistent because not only does the pet have to land the hit but the monster also has to be at least 100 in resistance for the pet to do decent healing. There are a lot of times where this pet is not going to be useful. Also, essence orb exists so it's not like the third effect is a necessity even under ideal circumstances. That being said, when the pet is under ideal circumstances it's the best in the game at doing what it does. Definitely not a must-have and will probably spend a lot of time in my storage. Now if you could item upgrade it to any element that would be a different story.

Spell is out. Looks great. Damn this spell makes certain bosses a cakewalk like carandor. I also think the spell is a staple for nuke mages/warriors.

< Message edited by OG Ranger -- 1/12/2021 19:05:23 >
AQ  Post #: 78
1/12/2021 18:16:51   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The Spell giftbox has opened and Kam has the info subs posted!
AQ  Post #: 79
1/12/2021 18:27:02   
Macho Man

Wow that is such a unique spell. No wonder why these are taking longer. Glad that these are turning out really different then other items (looking at you master sword).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
1/12/2021 18:55:03   
ionutzz222

Naaaah man, took only about 10 damage from the Queen Raychael's SP attack with 98% light resistance, this spell is the best thing that came out from this year's giftboxes until now. All I can say is wow, I m actually glad you guys took your time. This is both unique and the strongest defensive spell in the game.

Also with 13 precent light resistance and the 700 SP spell I took only 1 damage. C R A Z Y
Post #: 81
1/12/2021 19:02:26   
J9408

@Lv 1000 We used to have that. You used to be able to buy different levels for the items, so you can get as much as you need.

The giftbox levels were change recently to 0, so they can scale to your character.

Unfortunately since you can't have the same items in inventory, you can not buy more than one. Unless you store them in the storage or give to a second character.

It is recommend you create another character for stuff like this.
Post #: 82
1/12/2021 19:04:20   
CHAIML

@Lv 1000

quote:

You can swap between Cometoid and Meteoid version via the item upgrader function.
AQ MQ  Post #: 83
1/12/2021 20:43:35   
Greldracion

@CHAIML

Lv 1000 is talking about having Both pets at once, so it is somewhat irksome that you would need 2 Guardian characters to be able to do so.
AQ  Post #: 84
1/12/2021 20:53:26   
RobynJoanne

It was possible to put the pet giftbox in the vault to have multiples of the same item. However, I don't think most people would buy multiple copies of the giftboxes, which is the more pertinent problem.
Post #: 85
1/12/2021 23:01:57   
ruleandrew

I have a way to lower harm damage and void damage from monsters.
AQ  Post #: 86
1/13/2021 1:20:43   
Uskius

^ ...yeah. While of course the Giftbox spell is great, I'm just worried about the relevance of any fight not heavily gimmicked or without the player's equipment. Even before Paladin got reworked, with only Baby Egg and my janky hybrid build I could pretty much just slap on a resistance misc. and sit back and click Attack for 99.99% of battles, including bosses that were intended to require some extra planning. I know this isn't GBI, but the one thing I want to suggest here is consider splitting it up into separate MP and SP versions you can switch between in the upgrader, at the very least.

Meta build concerns aside, I 100% will still have fun using it- it's too good, but not too good to enjoy. <_<;
AQ Epic  Post #: 87
1/13/2021 2:44:41   
Veleqwii_Fox

I just noticed we can't swap the giftbox weapons to different types. Is this intended?
Post #: 88
1/13/2021 6:53:33   
stratuscone

^^ probably the staff has not yet coded that in.

On another note, i can't seem to find any discussion on WHY there are two versions of the pet giftbox?
AQ DF  Post #: 89
1/13/2021 8:24:03   
Heroes of the Scape

@above: Cray said last night on Discord that it was a last moment decision to do it which is why we weren't aware of it.
AQ  Post #: 90
1/13/2021 9:23:34   
s_venom

^There are two pets?
AQ DF  Post #: 91
1/13/2021 9:44:20   
Heroes of the Scape

Yes and no. They are the same pet technically. There was a last moment decision to make the pet have two elements and be swapable in the item upgrader.
AQ  Post #: 92
1/13/2021 9:46:00   
battlesiege15

It would be nice if you could just toggle between the 2. Compression on top of heal!
AQ AQW  Post #: 93
1/13/2021 11:20:28   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

You are most assuredly not being cheated out of part of your Guardian giftbox when given items are meant to have the option of presenting as a different elemental variant. The item was only ever going to have a single element, but there was a last minute attempt to do something nice on the database side by allowing it to change elements on the upgrader. This does not constitute a division, it's a strict addition of options.

You still have the full set; some of it can effectively be adjusted out of combat. There is no two-part gift being given in halves, only one with the option of being used with different elements. Therefore any argument about the set's properly finished state that is based on fractional value is rooted in either a misunderstanding or in an erroneous implication.

However: Because it's possible to buy duplicates of an item by moving one's purchase to storage, it's understandable that players would want further copies when multiple configurations may exist. I've looked over community feedback across various channels and relayed it to the team. To avoid misunderstandings, we've agreed that Guardian Giftbox items with swappable variants should come with some forewarning about their nature while the closed boxes are still available for purchase.
Post #: 94
1/13/2021 11:59:07   
s_venom

Ninjaty: How on earth adding a different element versions is cheating anyone?
Fusing the pets would also mean that it would to become weaker for balancing reasons...
Sure, one could find a way to use the two versions, but it's not a game breaking item, nor you are unable to change it's element.
And while it has a nice effect, it is not more valuable then other pets we got.

Cray: Thanks you and the staff for adding an additional version.
AQ DF  Post #: 95
1/13/2021 12:11:59   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

In no way was something taken away through the addition of options. To meet this interpretation in the middle requires agreeing to a premise that begs the question by assuming itself to be correct, in conflating what one might want with what should be. As that would be a protracted interaction through trying to discuss through incompatible definitions, and every rewording of the original point is addressed in my above post, that will have to be the end of that line of inquiry.

Once again, though, player satisfaction is still very important to us, especially at this time. The future standard of providing forewarning that multiple options of a free item may be available while the Guardian Giftbox for it can still be bought should satisfy this concern.
Post #: 96
1/13/2021 12:16:33   
dark_foot

Just bought leeches last week too :(
Post #: 97
1/13/2021 12:48:55   
J9408

The pet is not that special.

For Beastmasters, I still think the Thunderlord Ravens from last year was the best pet to come out of Frostval.
Post #: 98
1/13/2021 12:58:15   
CH4OT1C!

This pet is special. As with many items in AQ, it truly shines when used in combination with other items.
AQ  Post #: 99
1/13/2021 14:31:33   
Macho Man

Here's to hoping we get something else today. Still need the misc and armour!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Frostval Gift Delivery Finale
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition