Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= March 5th Design Notes: Arena at the Edge of Time: Kitsune & Wolfwing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= March 5th Design Notes: Arena at the Edge of Time: Kitsune & Wolfwing
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/5/2021 20:49:34   
  Peachii
Clairvoyant!

quote:

Verlyrus:
Arena at the Edge of Time: Kitsune & Wolfwing

Hey there, heroes!

This week, we have an update to the 13 Lords of Chaos board in the Arena at the Edge of Time!

Face off against Kitsune, the Shogun, and Wolfwing, the Outcast to earn new cosmetic items. Defeating Kitsune rewards you with the Hanzamune Dragon Koi Blade, while besting Wolfwing will earn you Wolfwing's Wings!

Do you think you have what it takes to face off against these heavy hitters?

Head over to the Inn at the Edge of Time to find out!

March's new Dragon Coin special is here, along with some returning items! Check out the Springthaw weapons, forged by Dracelix!

The Springthaw cosmetic weapons can be special slotted for a 5% chance on hit to apply a Nature DoT effect to your foe.

Also returning this month, the Legion weapons are available.

Finally, a handful of bugfixes:
  • Fixed a bug where Student class would improperly shift into its fight stance.
  • Tentatively fixed a bug where male DeathKnight could get stuck a lot.
  • Fixed a bug where talking to Eulin in Vind and Golden Hand camps could lead to incorrect dialogue.
  • Fixed a bug where Book 1 Sunbreeze Grove would allow you to access Dragon Primal Training before growing your dragon.
  • Fixed the Molecular Mayo Misericorde daggers having an improper special effect.
  • Fixed a bug where a certain monster in Caught in a Vise led to the wrong battle.
  • Fixed a bug where there Trelix and Stabina weapons would not count as offensive relics.
  • Fixed a bug where the level 80 Shadowed DeathKnight Helm was not recognized as a DeathKnight relic.
And that's all for this week!

Having trouble with any fights? Have feedback about recent releases? Have any crazy theories or ideas? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Verlyrus
DF AQW  Post #: 1
3/5/2021 22:18:27   
mds2006

spoiler:

okay cool kitsune freaking just randomly decides to instantly ko me when he has about 3k hp left. totally fair and something i could have seen coming. yeah. totally understandable with a very noticeable tell that let me know how and why he did that and how to avoid it in all future fights against him. yeah. perfect.
Post #: 2
3/6/2021 1:15:30   
AstralCodex

I thought the fights were really cool. Kitstune in particular has some pretty good mechanics, while Wolfwing shows that big enough numbers is basically a mechanic onto itself. If I had to nitpick, I wish we got more than just cosmetics, though I understand the need to avoid power creep.

@mds2006

Do you mean his execute that happens when you are below an HP threshold? He execution threshold increases the more he changes form, but the mechanic is already present in his first form anyways.

DF  Post #: 3
3/6/2021 4:35:06   
Kurtz96

I'm fine with the items being cosmetic but I do wish the wings were color custom or animated. We know flapping is possible from the unraveler wings and illumina wings.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
3/6/2021 6:39:21   
Kyrion

I must say, this week is definitely something. Both bosses are rather fun once you get the hang of it. Kitsunes easier than wolfwing yet has more mechanics, wolfwing has 1 mechanic and he goes all guns akimbo at you. Design wise, i absolutely LOVE the boss art. The fact that kitsune is not exactly like the aqw version isnt bad, but its good. It made kitsune look more presentable, while im a bit weirded out on wolfwings isometric view, he looks great as well.

Overall, nice week of content. Great cosmetic weapons just to add it too.
DF AQW  Post #: 5
3/6/2021 7:10:01   
Dratomos
Helpful!

These bosses were certainly interesting. Kitsune wasn't that hard but it's shape-shifting ability and KO -move were surprising. And Wolfwing hit very hard, I wasn't expecting that. Took some time to defeat him.

I'm not still a huge fan of this board, because I have no context to these bosses. I've played AQW very little so I don't know their backstory, history or anything. But if AQW players are enjoying this, that's fine. I'm mostly interested to see what Drakath will look like.

And I have to agree with @Kurtz96, having those wings be color-custom would be nice, as they are only cosmetic item. The katana looks great though!
DF AQW  Post #: 6
3/6/2021 9:31:52   
Tazzin25427

Like the update! Hey umm... Can we get a different text color next time on the Design Notes page? White text on a tan background is near impossible to read... Thanks for the awesome work you devs do! <3
DF  Post #: 7
3/6/2021 17:03:53   
Fire alandry

Well, finished Kitsune with Ascendent+foods. My logic was something like: ha, he has a debuff-cleanse? Well, my damage comes from buffs. Yay.

Tried Wolfwing with MSW. The idea was great defense, -boost, purge... Even with 2 foods, the damage and the healing were too much for me. Killed me when he was at 4000±. I'll try again later this week. If anyone has class suggestions (and not DmK), do tell;)
DF  Post #: 8
3/7/2021 2:03:45   
AstralCodex

Generally any class with decent damage and survivability should be ok with food + fed dragon. Note that Wolfwing has +bonus on enraged attacks on top of 68 base bonus, which means you can't really use -bonus debuffs successfully against him.

MSW doesn't have good damage, which is probably why you failed. You want to burst Wolfwing from 50%, and ideally kill him from 25% in a single turn. Aside from v2, Pyromancer, Archivist, Epochs, DeathKnight, and Technomancer are all good choices.
DF  Post #: 9
3/7/2021 12:56:00   
moe

Any good classes against kitsune?
AQW  Post #: 10
3/8/2021 0:01:42   
SilverSoul

@moe Technomancer, doomknight v2

Maybe riftwalker, ascendant, deathknight, ranger, bsw, pyro

< Message edited by SilverSoul -- 3/8/2021 0:12:56 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
3/8/2021 3:54:41   
moe

I got far with doomknight v2 but he always KOs me. Any ideas?
AQW  Post #: 12
3/8/2021 4:11:21   
SilverSoul

He oneshots you when your hp is around 20% or lower when he's in his anthro form the first time.
Around 40% or lower when he's in his anthro form the second time
And around 60% or lower when he's in his anthro form during his last 3k hp

I'm not 100% sure about those exact percentages but you get the idea. Keep yourself topped off to avoid the oneshot.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
3/8/2021 4:45:37   
moe

Yeah but he does really high numbers like upto thousands. How am I to protect myself from that?
AQW  Post #: 14
3/8/2021 8:42:56   
Plutonium

@moe: Try Hardtack & Seaweed + (extra) potions for Kitsune (and try timing it to when he shifts during those intervals) Those helped me tremendously. OOOh, and Red Fruit for Wolfwing.
DF  Post #: 15
3/8/2021 12:38:52   
moe

I did all that but he still attacks me with 342098432 damage lol
AQW  Post #: 16
3/8/2021 13:05:55   
Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Something that might help you Moe:

The Dragonfable Endgame Wiki has all the information you need about the toughest challenges and is up to date with Kitsune and Wolfwing.

Wolfwing: https://dragonfable-endgame.fandom.com/wiki/Wolfwing

Kitsune: https://dragonfable-endgame.fandom.com/wiki/Kitsune

It's quite a lot of information to take in at once though.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
3/8/2021 13:25:33   
Kurtz96

quote:

I did all that but he still attacks me with 342098432 damage lol

@moe
what you are describing is Kitsune's lethal mechanic. You are not meant to survive it. I recommend reading Kitsune (and all the bosses) entry on the endgame wiki that Digital X posted but to summarize: Kitsune switches forms and when he is in human form, he will insta kill you when you are below 60% health, 40% health, and 20% health each time he switches.
The food is meant to keep you above the HP threshold and prevent him from using the attack.

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 3/8/2021 13:26:21 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
3/8/2021 14:40:16   
moe

Ok so basically as long as I'm above 60% HP he won't nuke me with 2304924234098 damage?
AQW  Post #: 19
3/8/2021 14:51:53   
AstralCodex

Yes.
DF  Post #: 20
3/10/2021 14:41:43   
moe

If I continually use dots against him will he change to his yokai form or just stay as the shogun?
AQW  Post #: 21
3/10/2021 15:16:30   
AstralCodex

He will only transform when he is hit. Here's a video showcasing this.
DF  Post #: 22
3/11/2021 5:40:03   
moe

Ok guys I beat Kitsune I'm really happy thx for the help. Any help with wolfing?
AQW  Post #: 23
3/12/2021 14:22:23   
dragon_master

Pardon me, if this is unrelated, but on a side-note, it appears that Legion Crawler is broken, as he does not increase the number of hits of his default attack over time. Not sure what classes this is affected (or not) by, but played an AARGH version of LC with Guardian and he kept doing his 1 lowercut (?) attack over and over, without increasing the number of hits.
DF  Post #: 24
3/12/2021 15:01:55   
AstralCodex

He still does damage as if he were doing all the hits. However, only the first hit is displayed. I agree that this is super unintuitive and worse than it was before the change (Reflect/heals like EDS or VB don't function properly on it either), but it's not, as far as I know, a bug.

< Message edited by AstralCodex -- 3/12/2021 15:02:21 >
DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= March 5th Design Notes: Arena at the Edge of Time: Kitsune & Wolfwing
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition