Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= March 12th & 19th Design Notes: The Maleurous

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= March 12th & 19th Design Notes: The Maleurous
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/22/2021 18:08:17   
LigerBeard

spoiler:

While I am curious as to how much of Notha's words are true, there's something that's been bugging me.

Where is Remthalas in this war? Wasn't he with Notha before we were summoned?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
3/22/2021 22:06:57   
Vaalirus

quote:

Where is Remthalas in this war? Wasn't he with Notha before we were summoned?

At a guess, he's either lying in wait and watching the events unfold as he did with Mr. Nameless or he did straight up leave the area and is watching from afar and is just waiting for the right time to kick start his own plans.
DF  Post #: 27
3/23/2021 6:13:53   
Dratomos
Helpful!

@spirit_of_greed:

quote:

I'm sad this is the last Maleurous and this storyle is almost finished. I liked it after all the Doom and the Tomix saga it's my favorite. However i don't like how it's almost finished yet we barely know anything about them:

We do know a pretty much about them, especially Sinnocence, Mr. Nameless, Remthalas and Voyna. Lock and Key are still kinda mysterious, Myalos is basically a remnant from MechQuest. And we are slowly figuring out who Notha is in this war.

quote:

-How did they get consumed by Valrith? It's hard to believe Valrith could consume all of them, he was powerful but nowhere that powerful

Wasn't Valrith much more powerful in his prime? I'm not sure but that is the idea I got from him.

quote:

-What is the Maleurous really? Wasn't them supposed to work together?
-Most importantly what's the relationship between them and the Mysterious stranger/Shadowscythe? Is there even any?

Well, Notha said it. "Gladly! It's a very interesting topic. You see, the Maleurous are all connected by a common factor. Doom, Evil, whispers. Or perhaps... "the influence"? Such... menacing titles. But what is it, really? It is freedom. It is ambition."

And the Avatars said that the Maleurous "follow the ideals and philosophies of the types of what the Mysterious Stranger was." Probably so that our Hero would agree to fight them. The term "Maleurous" is basically how the Avatars categorize these entitites, as Lock and Key stated.

And the whole point of this storyline has been that the Maleurous aren't nowhere near as bad and much more complex enemies compared to what the Avatars said they would be.

< Message edited by Dratomos -- 3/23/2021 6:15:24 >
DF AQW  Post #: 28
3/24/2021 4:31:36   
Flabagast

@spirit_of_greed @Dratomos
As the Avatars said, Lock and Key were basically a device created by the Exalted used to store information. Supposedly they must have been exposed to Doom energy at some point, but instead of being corrupted by it, it caused them to become self-aware and achieve sapience.

I think that's the whole gist of the Malerous in a nutshell, really. Rather than being enslaved by the Evil power of the Stranger and his kin like Sepulchure was, they were altered by it, while still possessing some will and ambitions of their own; they're exceptions to the rule. They don't follow the will of any greater power, be it the Avatars, the Shadowscythe or anything above or in between.

Some parallels can probably be drawn between them and the Exalted, which maybe a part of Notha's apparent interest in them. An alliance of Celestials and Infernals, two complete opposites that united to wage war upon their creators... She probably finds the idea of such a rebellion inspiring. Heck, that same idea might be what keeps the Avatars so on edge too.

But enough speculative rambling from me, back to clearing more waves!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 29
3/24/2021 13:02:47   
Vikken101

@spirit of greed
quote:

How did they get consumed by Valrith? It's hard to believe Valrith could consume all of them, he was powerful but nowhere that powerful

Its stated Valtrith consumed the container the Avatars had already sealed them in, he did not consume them individually.
Post #: 30
3/24/2021 21:55:55   
  DemonicDarkwraith

ArchKnight DragonFable

What a finale
spoiler:

So Remthalas served the Kathool and the Avatars before becoming a lone wolf.
I like that pre-Reset stuff (Mechquest) is way older than the Exalted itself.
Finally, I am really looking forward on how Notha will use stuff from Myalos as we will meet her, Remthalas and Lock & Key in the saga's finale.

Also, the Amalgam trinket is really good, especially on Inn challenges!
DF  Post #: 31
3/25/2021 0:34:18   
Vaalirus

Well there can be no doubt at all now that Notha was doing research into the Exalted and it seems she was able to replicate the Warden golem from the Exaltia tower to some degree.

I'm also pretty much not at all cool with Notha's and Remthalas', or I suppose Notha's interpretation on Remthalas', view on their actions regarding Nameless and Sinnocence. I mean Remthalas was worried about Mr. Nameless potentially falling under the service of the avatars but I don't see how getting the one thing it always wanted could be seen as joining the Avatars.

Although Notha does somewhat have a point on the Avatars. Entities as old as them are hard to change and while I do believe the Avatars do have the potential to change their efforts and views on their balance, the fact that they propose as much in our next meeting would suggest as such, it never impossible that they slip back into their older ways of thinking regardless if we are around or not. It's also generally problematic that to some extent they do have a point for some of their methods being the way that they have up to this point although so far the only success story seems to be Lhe'Shyiac. The shadowscythe schemes in the land of dragons are one such example of where they've gone so wrong. Hopefully, the fact that they are willing to learn coupled with whatever Lock and Key have to share will help them have a little bit more clarity in how to go about things in the future.

As for Myalos, it's nice to know that it is still alive but the fact they're in Notha's clutches is just uuuuuugh

It's also interesting to confirm that mecha reset related things are potentially older than the Exalted themselves which would make sense given the Exalted would be part of the new history that the reset malfunction created which would most likely make a lot of mechquest stuff more ancient than the DF universe itself.

DF  Post #: 32
3/25/2021 2:33:41   
Fire alandry

I haven't forgiven yet for the Avatars about the Storm War.
But.. beside that... Did we see any effect of their rule before this saga, in our lifetime? Did the Avatar move against anyone except the Maleurous? Maybe I just forgot, but till this saga, I hadn't thought they are THAT important.
DF  Post #: 33
3/25/2021 4:00:14   
Vaalirus

quote:

But.. beside that... Did we see any effect of their rule before this saga, in our lifetime? Did the Avatar move against anyone except the Maleurous? Maybe I just forgot, but till this saga, I hadn't thought they are THAT important.

Other than the Storm war and the effect of what happens when their own planes were in dissonance, which we largely didn't get to see, within the exception of Fiamme getting controlled by Wargoth, because of how short Book 2 was, the only other real-time we saw them doing anything was 1000 years prior to events of the orb saga and that was only to create the elemental orbs to help the humans and dragons stop the Shadowscythe from throwing the Land of Dragons into complete darkness which as we know was a plan that sort of backfired later down the line. Another event that happened a long time ago with the Avatars was when Neso got involved with that business regarding Isathaara in the True Mortal saga but that's really it.

The Storm War is still a particularly sore spot considering they made the people of LoD to suffer for the antics of a single girl, regardless of Nyhera's ability at the time to be able to be just as much as a problem as Warlic with his power as an infernal it's no excuse to go after the people that had nothing to do with her and it sure didn't help that all happened because they felt challenged and not because of the threat to the planet itself.

Their overall importance seems mostly just to center around making sure Lore doesn't fall to one element or the other and I guess looking after the world savior and destroyer. I'd say also keeping the Shadowscythe from plunging the entire cosmos into their version of Darkness buuuuuuuuut....
DF  Post #: 34
3/25/2021 6:47:36   
Dratomos
Helpful!

I really liked the finale. Notha is very interesting and and how the plot moves forward makes me even more invested in this now. I do hope we get new update to this storyline before the next friday the 13th that is in august.

And the Uaanta's Blaster is really good, especially in Inn. Nice to have a new ability to tinker with in there.
DF AQW  Post #: 35
3/25/2021 10:22:41   
elite dark slayer

How does the latest Uaanta's Blaster stack up against Vaal's Ego and the Corrupted 7? I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure how BiS calculations work, so I have to ask.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
3/25/2021 12:38:50   
Roxas45

That.. Was a difficult fight.
Even with Chaosweaver, I had a lot of problems with its multi hit and crit negation..
I DID finish it, but I'm open to suggestions on what classes and strategies I could use.
I dont know if it was my bad luck, or if it DID negate the specials of the Blade of Awe weapon.

Something about that dragonoid... It looks familiar...
And it feels like in PART, all of it was for nothing if Mylos was still going to be used, but on the other hand, we get answers from the Avatars, AND a look at them changing.
So.. You win some, you lose some I guess...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 37
3/25/2021 17:07:08   
GLaDOS

I noticed this with the last Frostval war and it seems to be the same here as well - I can't say I'm a huge fan of wars/quests where the end result essentially renders the players' efforts pointless. Especially when we are supposed to have "won". Dragonfable is an amazing game, but a game nonetheless, and as such should always strive to elicit a sense of satisfaction and achievement in the player (even if the ending is not entirely "happy", as in the Caitiff saga).

Just sharing some minor criticisms, I still believe that the story and quests in Dragonfable have evolved tremendously over the years and have become a very special and unique experience. Hell, I wouldn't even be complaining about this if I hadn't become invested in the lore in the first place.

< Message edited by GLaDOS -- 3/25/2021 17:08:26 >
DF  Post #: 38
3/25/2021 23:29:16   
mds2006

spoiler:

ughhh of course she'd do what she wants anyway... then what was even the point of the war <_< pretty annoying...

really wondering how we're actually gonna put a stop to remthalas and notha for good when notha can just teleport around whenever she wants...
spoiler:

even into space
....and remthalas just hides around in dreams most of the time and can make people fall asleep literally with the snap of a finger :l

spoiler:

...oh yeah lock and key might be able to neutralize those powers when we confront them for (hopefully) the final time like how they helped protect the hero when first meeting myalos

< Message edited by mds2006 -- 3/25/2021 23:32:01 >
Post #: 39
3/26/2021 3:14:49   
spirit of greed

Kind of a weak/let down ending :(
spoiler:

I'm the same as GlaDos. At the end this whole war was pointless.

< Message edited by spirit of greed -- 3/26/2021 3:30:45 >
DF AQW  Post #: 40
3/26/2021 10:43:28   
Alpha Centipede

@Roxas45: I managed to consistently farm the boss with Chaosweaver.

The key is to lower your crit as much as possible. For this, I used the Magi Sentinel Helm, which gives -50 crit (and -50 bonus as well, but Gambit negates that drawback anyways). Also avoid using Soul Slice if you can, since that increases your crit.

My (probably not optimal) rotation for the boss is this:
Vengeance --> E-Gambit --> Soul Assault --> Soul Shred --> Untangle --> Hexing Wheel --> E-Gambit

If my HP is above half: --> Aggression --> Rebuke --> Obliterate (if boss is still alive)

If my HP is below half: --> E-Soul Aegis --> Aggression --> Rebuke --> Obliterate (if boss is still alive)

Also you're probably just unlucky with Blade of Awe procs, since that special worked fine for me.

< Message edited by Alpha Centipede -- 3/26/2021 14:21:21 >
DF  Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= March 12th & 19th Design Notes: The Maleurous
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition