Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

This game is extremely punishing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> This game is extremely punishing
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/13/2021 20:43:01   
Unlivingend

I'm currently level 65 and for the life of me I can't get passed Direct current I've tried using doomknight and chaos weaver and just can't crack it. (I'm really dissapointed in doomknight by the way it's the most expensive class and it can barely hold it's own against a CW) My stats are 110 INT 110 WIS 100 END.
Post #: 1
3/14/2021 4:33:29   
AstralCodex

DoomKnight has much, much better survivability and defenses than Chaosweaver. Overall, I'd say DoomKnight is a fair bit stronger for challenging fights than Chaosweaver.

That being said, DragonFable isn't that pay2win - just because a class is locked behind a $65 DC package doesn't mean it automatically stomps every challenge, or even dominates every class on every metric. Chaosweaver is a glass cannon offensive class with extremely high damage at the cost of worse-than-nothing defenses, so it's natural that DoomKnight will do less damage than Chaosweaver. In exchange, it doesn't take double the damage from enemies with no change of avoiding the hits, and gains powerful defensive tools like Malefic Binding and Weakening Blow.

(You probably shouldn't use INT for DoomKnight btw, as your autocrit costs you a decent chunk of life and your other skills have no +crit.)

As usual, here's a standard list of advice if you're struggling with a quest:
- Invest in 200 mainstat or 200 END
- Bring guests
- Bring extra potions
- Bring food
- Get better gear
- Grind a bit and come back.

I don't think Direct Current is that bad, though it's certainly a bit of a slog - I've seen people beat it with suboptimal gear at level 42. The key is to try to maximize your damage output/damage input ratio. For Chaosweaver, this generally means bursting the enemies as fast as possible, with 200 mainstat. For DoomKnight, this means using Malefic Binding, Void Barrier, and Life Carve to survive as long as possible, while dealing damage with your damage dealers like shape darkness, lingering, and spikes (vs multiple enemies), with 200 END.
DF  Post #: 2
3/14/2021 5:54:45   
Dratomos
Helpful!

Like @Astral said, the main problem is your stats. You have invested too much on WIS.

200 STR, 100 END and 20 WIS for DmK.

200 INT, 100 END and 20 WIS for CW.

And check that you have powerful equipment. At your level you can get Necro Paragon Cape III and Helm III from Inn that are fairly easy to get.
DF AQW  Post #: 3
3/15/2021 0:10:34   
Unlivingend

20 WIS?! Dude can you cast a single skill?!!
Post #: 4
3/15/2021 5:40:19   
Dratomos
Helpful!

Umm, you can cast more than that. At level 65, your base mana is already pretty high. Add the WIS you get from equipment and you generally don't need more than 20 WIS. And if it becomes even bigger problem, I would suggest leveling up your potions to the max (that is 40).

And because your mainstat (aka INT or STR) is 200, you deal more damage per fight meaning you spend less mana per fight.

I would prefer DmK for Direct Current over CW.

< Message edited by Dratomos -- 3/15/2021 7:21:02 >
DF AQW  Post #: 5
3/15/2021 7:00:26   
JaiyeJr

I don't personally have DK or CW, but I know both are more orientated towards burst and not defense. I think it's just a poor matchup in this case.

I tried out the quest to see what could be troublesome. I'm max level, but I gimped myself pretty hard (no gear except for Yarek's Staff, no pets, and only maxing out strength at 200 - other stats were at 0) to try and see what I could do, and I was able to clear it with necromancer without much hassle by spamming shields and focusing down weaker enemies.
I had to use both of my potions on the last fight.

The mobs hit hard and are beyond burst damage (atelast for me- there may be a way with endgame gear and very optimized rotations). And even if you do burst them - you'll often have taken some big hits so you won't last long. So, you'll just have to outlast them. Prioritize having your HP topped up and MP topped at at the end of every battle, purposefully non damaging skills to try and use restorative skills. Once you get to the final wave (2 mid tier mobs and 1 big dude with way more health) you can be a bit more reckless.

DF AQW  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> This game is extremely punishing
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition