Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Level 150 Pure Warrior Rating

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Level 150 Pure Warrior Rating
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/15/2021 19:05:50   
battlesiege15

Hello, it's me again. I have now switched to a Pure Warrior so was looking for some advice on my character. The link is under my avatar.

Notes: Guardian Equipment is set to Ice. I am not looking to spend $$$ on packages or token items at this time. I don't have any URs at the moment but if need be, I can consider swapping Rare GGBs for one. I have a handful of Rare GGBs though. I am not looking to get any of the UR booster guests either.

My goal is to get a good damage output but I am very open to Status Effects as well.

Thank you!
AQ AQW  Post #: 1
3/16/2021 2:04:19   
Primate Murder

Weapons

Water would be a better no-drop element, as ice has a wide variety of useful weapons, such as Mighty Blade of Frostval Past, which has great synergy with any ice nukes.

Gloom Glaive gives you Harm compression.

Eclipsed Dragonlord's Might restores a nice amount of sp after every weapon-based attack/skill.

Armors

You currently have 3 light armors, but no ice or energy. Old standard Horo Show and Taladosian have the strongest skills available for their elements.

Shields

Samukematsuri Buckler restores a bit of sp each time you're hit - not necessary, but nice.

Accordion Shield goes very nicely with Love Potion misc for control infliction.

Defender of Frostval Past gives you a free defensive skill - useful if you're out of sp or the monster has Freedom.

Pixel Guard is probably the most useful energy shield out of the ones you've got.

Eclipsed Dragonlord's Will has a qc Barrier skill that works great with Purple Rain.

Miscs

Hollow Dragon Amulet or Windter Crown are good enough damage boosters that you don't really need element-specific ones like the Orbs, Veywild Helm or Thunderbird.

Love Potion and Shadowfeeder Pendant give stackable qc cc effects that synergize nicely with Purple Rain.

Helm of Frostval Past and Bag of Mixed Nuts provide qc boosts to accuracy and damage.

Hope the info's useful and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
AQ DF  Post #: 2
3/17/2021 22:06:40   
battlesiege15

Awe Drop: I will consider Water! I didn't pick it because I have Moglord Tortress so I figured that's one of the best water armors right now aside from Kindred. Ice does have a lot of choices for armor and weapon so I'll look into it.

Weapons:
I have a few Harm weapons if I need it so I may save Gloom Glaive for later. Actually, I think I have it on another character. Wouldn't that Void Spear from the GGB be better for Harm damage?

Eclipsed Dragonlord: I considered this but on the fence because a) I heard right now it's OP so it may get rebalanced soon and b) I have Drakath's Fiend Blade which I am using for Darkness armor compression because of it's toggle between normal and Darkness-locked attacks.

Armors:
The Paladin armor I have is actually the Energy version. I chose it because it looks cool and does have the Over-Charged spell. It was better when I was a BM with the skill since it was CHA based but I may switch it now. Just sort of too lazy to do the Taladosian Quest because of how long it is.

My no drop is Ice so for now, I do have that covered.

Horo Show: It is good a good armor. Any other good Ice armors as well these days?

Shields:
Samukematsuri is good for sure. With maxed DEX and LUK, I was actually seeing how being more dodgy works out so the -10 BTH from Zee's shield is handy. I guess the Samurai shield would work better with Bloodzerker armor.
Accordian Shield: Do warriors use Love Potion + Control? I have 0 CHA :(
Frostval Past: Yeah, I can see the QC being useful especially now that I have an actual dodge build.
Energy Shield: Well, I use the THunderbird Joust shield because it works well with my Rider armor for extra SP. I don't like the random chance of the effect on Pixel Guard. Any other good Energy shields?
Darkness: I have the Mario Star from the Giftboxen. Isn't that a better version of the QC on the shield?

Miscs:
Oh dang, I figured the other items would help more since they were focused on the element. I also have Blood Contract if that is any better.
AQ AQW  Post #: 3
3/18/2021 0:15:23   
Primate Murder

quote:

I didn't pick it because I have Moglord Tortress so I figured that's one of the best water armors right now aside from Kindred.
It is! And, since Airenal's Lance compresses a wind armor in the game, you can keep using it!

quote:

I have a few Harm weapons if I need it so I may save Gloom Glaive for later. Actually, I think I have it on another character. Wouldn't that Void Spear from the GGB be better for Harm damage?
No. a) It deals 5% less damage. b) It only deals harm damage, forcing you to run compression or incomplete elemental coverage.

quote:

Eclipsed Dragonlord: I considered this but on the fence because a) I heard right now it's OP so it may get rebalanced soon and b) I have Drakath's Fiend Blade which I am using for Darkness armor compression because of it's toggle between normal and Darkness-locked attacks.
It is op, though I don't think it will be rebalanced any time soon - the devs have a lot on their hands right now. And Angel of Souls is a lot better than Drakath' armor.

quote:

Horo Show: It is good a good armor. Any other good Ice armors as well these days?
Not really. The second best (a distant second) is either Frostgale's Legacy or just an elemental variant of your subrace armor.

quote:

Accordian Shield: Do warriors use Love Potion + Control? I have 0 CHA :(
It's the best cc misc if you don't have Zfinity Gauntlet of Time. It also inflicts against Cha (of which most monsters have 0), so with Accordion you're going to get +20 to every save.

quote:

Energy Shield: Well, I use the THunderbird Joust shield because it works well with my Rider armor for extra SP. I don't like the random chance of the effect on Pixel Guard. Any other good Energy shields?
Not really. The best one was Mystic Father of Time, but it's gone rare already.

quote:

Darkness: I have the Mario Star from the Giftboxen. Isn't that a better version of the QC on the shield?
They don't cancel each other out - the two items work together quite nicely.

quote:

Oh dang, I figured the other items would help more since they were focused on the element. I also have Blood Contract if that is any better.
Elemental variants provide ~2% more damage than Blood Contract (which is the best damage misc for warriors). Something like Mixed Bag of Nuts (+20% damage) seems to be a better use of the slot.
AQ DF  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Level 150 Pure Warrior Rating
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition