Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Suggestion: Classic settings

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Suggestion: Classic settings
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/24/2021 2:12:29   
Rivale

Hello, long time DF fan here!

I've been playing on and off recently and I just want to say thanks for still updating the game until now.
As good as the new stuff are, I'm sure I'm not the only one who sometimes miss some parts of old DF and this is where my suggestion comes:
Is it possible for a classic toggle to use old sound effects and art like how AdventureQuest does? I feel like quests like Sir Jing's Weapons and Sir Koffagus Sarcophagus are out of the question though.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
4/15/2021 20:08:59   
SoulWeaver16

It would be nice, seeing how the developers implement their code, it might not be that difficult for them.
Although the main changes to the sound, it is trying to improve the quality and precision of each element.
You can't argue that sometimes you don't like it, and you get nostalgic for old sounds.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
4/16/2021 2:02:40   
Laeon val Observis

Since it might have been run over by more recent updates, it has already been stated by the devs that revisions that will streamline and modernize Book 1 include the means that will make retro content available as to preserve the game’s heritage (Treefort and Sir Jing are a different story though. Last I heard, I believe that they have been irrevocably modernized, overwriting their retro forms).

As for the ability to access the retro elemental sound effects, possible yet only slightly appealing. There's not much significant sense of urgency and need to implement, especially made by the fact that a large sum of old elemental SFXs are copy-pastes of each other unlike in AQ Classic. Plus, I cannot visualize that they’ll complicate things by having a toggle for EACH element. Such an update, if it ever is looked into, would most likely be a blanket toggle to either retro or new.

< Message edited by Laeon val Observis -- 4/16/2021 2:07:01 >
DF AQW  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Suggestion: Classic settings
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition