Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

150 Pure Mage rating / Inventory clean up

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> 150 Pure Mage rating / Inventory clean up
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/31/2021 0:50:40   
Xonuss7

Hey fellow Adventurers and Guardians! I haven't really played much in the past few years, logged in every now and then, but didn't stay for long due to work. But with the world being as it is, I have some time.

There's been tons of updates, I can tell. And I bet my inventory needs a clean, so if any kind soul who has the time could advice me on what to get, drop, keep etc? That'd be much appreciated.

Going for a FO Pure Mage build, I am not adverse to spending money on ZTokens, so take that in consideration. Character is under the avatar.

Thank you. :D

< Message edited by Xonuss7 -- 3/31/2021 0:52:04 >
AQ  Post #: 1
3/31/2021 3:12:20   
Primate Murder

Welcome back!

First of all, I have to mention that the stat cap has been raised to 250. This means that a pure mage would have 250 Int/Dex/Luck.

Furthermore, a number of subraces has been revamped! As an FO pure mage, Vampire would be the best choice for you, as it has Int/Cha toggles, a qc stun and a lvl 10 Evolved Form that deals increased damage with lifesteal for a combined sp/mp cost.

Now, without further ado:

Weapons

You'll want to switch to Staff of Awe for a fixed element and probably align your awe special to PWD for a 3% chance of instantly killing the monster. Energy would probably be the best no-drop element.

Arcane Cutlass of Combustion makes your fire spells (and spell-type skills) deal +28% damage.

Kindred sword can be charged to autohit (every turn with Kindred pet).

Airenal's Lance compresses an armor with the strongest wind skill in the game.

Arctic Athame gives +18.75% wind spell damage, with the bonus doubled against monsters with Int>0.

Terra Bloodzerker deals +25% damage for a small hp cost.

Arcane Cutlass of Radiance is a light clone of the Combustion cutlass.

Blackbones will boost the damage of your D-Burst spell.

Armors

First of all, I have to mention that after you complete the Advanced subrace quest for vampire, you'll get a 9th slot subrace transformation no-drop armor, complete with 10 skills. Its Evolved Form deals fairly high damage (with lifesteal) for a reasonably cheap cost, so it's a viable alternative to your darkness and wind armors.

When Caecus comes back to the Void, pick up Pyromancer Bloodmage, as it has the strongest fire spell in the game. Until then, War's Legacy is a fairly nice option.

Hydromancer, Cryomancer and Dynamancer Bloodmages are all the best options for their respective elements.

Terra Bloodzerker deals +20% damage for a small hp cost and has a toggle to lock your weapon attacks to 2x earth damage, which gives you a nice and cheap earth nuke. Has mini-FSB with Terra Bloodzerker sword to deal 10% more damage.

While Lumenomancer Bloodmage has a slightly stronger nuke, I highly recommend using Paladin as your light armor. Being the first (and only so far) updated endgame class, it has 20+ skills, including a variety of nukes, a bunch of passive and toggle effects, a chargable 1/battle Ressurection and a light booster guest. Oh, and it also treats all undead attacks as if they hit with light and gains bonuses to inflicting and resisting their status effects. Arcanist is the best version for pure mages.

Brilhado Necromancer Robes boost the damage of your D-Burst.

Shields

Samukematsuri shield restores a bit of sp each time you're hit.

Celtic Wheel is still the best option for water.

Haunted Dragonlord's Will has a qc stackable Barrier skill that has really op synergy with Gandolphin. The skill's cost increases with each consecutive use (per turn), so for best effect alternate with Eclipsed DL's Will.

Father Time has some nice utility.

CIT has been updated to a Str-drive shield, so it has no more use for a pure mage build. Something like Golem Guard (small damage reduction toggle) would be more useful.

Strawberry Shieldcake (premium) has a variety of chargable skills. Radiant Aegis would be the next best choice.

Eclipsed Dragonlord's Will is a darkness clone of the Haunted shield mentioned above.

Spells

Poelala, Archmage Research, Purple Rain, MW Grace and D-Burst are still among the best spells for an FO mage. Other Burst spells are outclassed by your armor skills.

Invincible Star can reduce the damage you take to 1% for the turn - by far the strongest defence against monsters with Freedom or a large Boss Boost.

Gandolphin has great synergy with DL's Will shields. Cast Gandolphin, then click on the shields to gain a high efficiency mana shield up to 10k hp.

Arcane Amplification (premium) is a qc Int-boosting skill like MW Grace.

Pets

Outside of Poelala (and any premium elemental boosters you may decide to buy), the only pet you need is Kindred's Tranquility. When in charge-gathering mode, it gathers enough charges that your Kindred sword can use the autohit every single turn.

Miscs

First of all, I'd like to mention that elemental resist miscs have stopped being meta. As a general rule, you stun-lock the monster to such an extent that it never has a chance to land a hit. As such, I suggest replacing everything except Pixel Ether from your current active inventory.

Essence Orb is a must-have. Even aside from fueling any sp-costing skills and Pixel Ether, it has great synergy with Puple Rain effects.

Love Potion and Shadowfeeder Pendant are both highly useful meta miscs. Stackable qc control and celerity can make you downright invincible.

Rejuvenating Necklace can help you retain enough mp w/o relying on Pixel Ether.

There are two good choices for a damage misc. Blood Contract gives you a multiplicative damage boost w/o any sp/mp upkeep. Grakma Harbinger can inflict you with Berserk, giving you a multiplicative damage boost (that's not /2 for for spells, making it the strongest spell-booster), but at the expense of accuracy.

Goggernaut Helm gives +10 bth to every attack on the field without /2 for spells.

Prime Chaos Orb is an unmatched utility misc. It has a qc skill that can scramble monster's resists, while also increasing all the damage dealt on the field.

Hope the info's useful and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
AQ DF  Post #: 2
3/31/2021 12:27:59   
Xonuss7

This is great! Thank you, Primate Murder. Thank you for your time. =D

I had no idea the stat cap was raised, that makes a lot of sense why I felt a little bit underpowered lol, I will definitely have some things to do now

Again, thanks. Much appreciated
AQ  Post #: 3
3/31/2021 16:54:28   
Legendary Ash

Items that can be sold for space with respect to stated availability:

Permanent Gold priced
Ultra Omni, Screamer, Reaper, Wrath, Kazemai, Victory, Winds Bow/Tome, Zabura, Zakiya, Fire Draconic Blade, Dragon Lance, Fire Dragon Blade, Pyro/Tenebro Robes, Nulgath, Saviour, Angel, Svadilfari, Wicked Plate, Algern, Doubt, Kindred's Valiance, Gorarog, StarSlayer, Kiyousa, Wyrm Hide, Druid, Shinyaro, Horo Vindicator, High Ward, IronThorn, Pies, Sole, Cerberus, Fly, Lantern, Yata, Gelamation, Cryo, Wyrm Scales, Agony, Chimeran, Grakma Hide, Dragon Strike, Kindred's Devotion, Neptune, Aegir, Chalchiuhtlicue, Sedna, Mizuchi, Apam, Research, Grace, Purple, Luminous, Zombie, Ruby Rain, Twilly, Terrapin, Torrentacles, Mogdin, Imanok, Fairy, Nightmaregon, Ice Golem, Nilak, Skele, Kindred's Tranquility, Amulet of Drak, Sacragon, Urn, Horo Visor, Helm of nas, Irt, Lohkaista, Cyclops, Goggernaut, Helm of nan, Diamond, Necklace, Shadowfeeder, V2, Diploma, Harbinger, Essence, Bell, Mecha Core, Excelsior, Yasakani Jewel, Wyrm Crest, Coire, Greater Water Orb, Pirate Hat

Permanent Gold priced Package accessible from Ballyhoo's shops
Searing, Airenal's Lance, Tera'Suul, Necragon, Airenal's Might, Demon, Griffin, Dragonrider, Airenal's Crest, Destruction, Creation, Arctic, Booth

Seasonal Gold priced
NightSever, Swordfish, Mystic Sabre, Finger, Patriot, Big, Pumpkin Reaver/Slayer, Fireworks Buckler, Father, Macka, Broken Mirror, Lunar, Bomb, Aquella, Loco, Umbra/Frosty Godmother, Emodjinn, Fireworks Display, Earrings, Jaw, Love Potion, Azamay Egg

Frostval Painting 2016
Cozy Staff, Cozy Orb

Token Permanent
Terror Eater, Dragon Buster, Terror Raiment, Terror Totem, Raydius, Terror Visage

Token Seasonal
Kaminari, Mason, Tie
AQ  Post #: 4
3/31/2021 17:19:39   
Xonuss7

Wow, thank you Ash. I knew my inventory was messy, but dang lol

So technically, anything gold related, I can sell and buy again if necessary.

Thank you!
AQ  Post #: 5
4/1/2021 8:59:12   
Xonuss7

Would there be anything worthwhile in the GGBs for a FO Pure Mage? Aside from the ones mentioned, of course. Managed to get that Prime Chaos Orb, and I love it lol

< Message edited by Xonuss7 -- 4/1/2021 9:30:53 >
AQ  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> 150 Pure Mage rating / Inventory clean up
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition