Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Dragon bosses

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Dragon bosses
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/1/2021 2:12:31   
spirit of greed

I like all the doom and rose related quests/bosses but i miss the good old dragon bosses. I mean the game is called DRAGONfable but there's only a few of them in the game
DF AQW  Post #: 1
4/2/2021 8:44:13   
Vikken101

1) The devs have previously stated that titan dragon fights don't really fit with the story they are trying to tell in book 3. Unlike books 1 and 2, where the threats are of epic proportions trying to conquer the world without much depth. Most of book 3 is much smaller scale and deals with issues that can't be solved with titan fights(Sek Duat was super early in the book and it took 6 years for a story threat to warrant a titan fight option).

2) From a gameplay perspective, titan fights are way outdated and would basically have to be completely reworked for them to be even close to the complexity of the normal fighting system. It's why every titan fight in book 3 with the exception of the Leftovers titan fight are completable on foot as well.

Also, Dragonfable has a lot of meaning besides just titan fights in the game as well. I'm sure you have noticed that dragons have become more relevant in the story recently. In addition, the developers have given the Hero's dragon a ton of personality in book 3 (even Verlyrus was surprised how underutilized and without personality Draco was in book 1). In addition, there is a lot of hints that dragons are gonna be a lot more story relevant later on.
Post #: 2
4/2/2021 13:34:59   
spirit of greed

That's perfectly understandable but i my point was how dragons got put aside and how much i miss dragon villains. I don't think every dragon boss needs to be a titan fight, remember we beat Caitiff, the creature what attacked Sandsea recently etc..
DF AQW  Post #: 3
4/2/2021 14:14:56   
Vikken101

Ah my mistake, I misread your initial comment. In general, I don't think dragons as villains function very well in book 3's story, since they were always written very one-dimensional. That being said, as I mentioned there are some deep lore hints that dragons and dragon lore might become relevant later on. You'll just have to wait a while since the current ongoing stories don't really currently leave dragons as villains an option.
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Dragon bosses
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition