Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= April 2nd Design Notes: Arena at the Edge of Time: Ice and Dragons

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= April 2nd Design Notes: Arena at the Edge of Time: Ice and Dragons
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/3/2021 3:32:40   
  Peachii
Clairvoyant!

quote:

Verlyrus:
Arena at the Edge of Time: Ice and Dragons

Hey there heroes!

This month's Arena challenge has arrived! Filling out the Change of Heart board, we have the Ice and Dragons challenge!

Face off against the legendary DragonLord Vilmor, and their dragon Cryozen, and then take on the villainous Frostscythe and Glaisaurus!

And when you've finished dealing with the two pairs... something new awaits in the Ice and Dragons Challenge!

Defeating the challenges will earn you powerful rewards including Vilmor's Helm, and the Frostscythe, as well as a new Vilmor style customization for DragonLord armor!

If you think you have what it takes, head over to the Inn at the Edge of Time by clicking on the glowy portal above Falconreach!

Also this week, some game updates!
  • Defender Cannon has had its base damage increased to 500% base damage total, up from 400%.
  • Lost Starswrod of Destiny and Lost Starsword of Doom activation rates have been reduced to 5%, down from 30%.
  • The DEX stat has been updated!
    • In addition to the previous effect of increasing outgoing direct damage, DEX now increases Damage Over Time effect damage.
      DEX increases DoT damage by a multiple of DEX/4%.
    • For example, at 200 DEX, your DoT damage will be multiplied by 1.5 (+50% damage).

Finally, the April DC specials are here! The Facet of Hyonix scythe has returned, and with it are a matching cosmetic helm and cape!

The helm and cape come in two different options- one will use your dragon's colors for extra customization, while the other is only based on your base and trim. You can also click on the helm to make it translucent!

Having trouble with any fights? Have feedback about recent releases? Have any crazy theories or ideas? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?

Join the discussion on the official forums!

Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?

Check out the Artix Games Launcher!

Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)

Verlyrus Twitter

Tomix Twitter

Tags: Verlyrus
DF AQW  Post #: 1
4/3/2021 3:36:28   
Glais

Can't believe my boy Glaisaurus got new art

DF MQ  Post #: 2
4/3/2021 5:25:43   
TFS
Helpful!

I loved this release - it's been a while since we got a tough Inn fight and this one definitely delivered! The reward is also the new strongest weapon in the game (barring the Gloom Glaive of course) due to its useful Ice element, so it's definitely worth the challenge!

Be sure to maximize your Ice resistance and take out the two dragons first, as they can lower it. While Cryozen's -res effect is stronger, it's also easier to dodge than Glaisaurus's, so the dragon you prioritize should depend on how much you trust your class's shield. It's also worth noting that killing Cryozen will enrage Vilmor while Frostscythe doesn't care if you kill Glaisaurus, so if you really trust your ability to dodge/purge Cryozen's debuff there's additional incentive to kill Glaisaurus first. From there, focus on bursting down the enraged Vilmor and then finally dealing with Frostscythe.
Alternatively, if your class has a shield you can use every 6 turns and/or poor healing, you might find it difficult to fight Vilmor in her enraged state and easier to just keep dodging Cryozen's attacks until the end of the fight, killing Vilmor before it. If you choose this path, though, you'll want to kill Frostscythe second (after Glaisaurus) - the more attacks you have to dodge, the more dangerous his defense hex is. In any case, this quartet doesn't have a straightforward order like most challenges do - you'll have to plan out your attacks carefully.
Good classes for this fight are the usual suspects of Archivist, Epoch, and Kathool Adept, though Pyromancer is also at an advantage because of its innate +5 Ice resistance. Master Soulweaver and Ascendant also deal with the dragons handily thanks to their purge and high burst damage, respectively.

The (Ice resistance) gear you want for this fight is:
Doomed Dragon Amulet Scythe of Elementals (or equivalents), the Necrotic Sword of Doom, an Ancient Frost Moglin weapon, or the Breath of Life
DragonKnight Blade or DragonBlaser
Void Rift Cover
Wings of the Thousand Flames
Refraction Pendant
Defender's Dragon Belt
Diamond Ring of the Emperor
Ace of Hearts
Legion Bracer

Good luck, everyone!

< Message edited by TFS -- 4/4/2021 17:11:46 >
DF  Post #: 3
4/3/2021 9:10:57   
Dratomos
Helpful!

Now those were some challenging duos. But the rewards were great, I really liked how the Vilmor helm and customization option looks. And new BiS Ice weapon? I've been waiting for that a long time. As for the changes to DEX, I liked that too, it made Pyromancer hit much more and a new mainstat for it. With those changes it's nice to start experimenting, like with Ranger and Pyromancer.

And after the Aprils Fools quest, I really didn't expect to face 4 foes at the same time. It felt a bit odd and very intimidating. But it also means that facing two duos at the same time is gonna be an option so Inn fights just got a little more interesting...
DF AQW  Post #: 4
4/3/2021 9:42:09   
Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

@TFS, thanks! I went in blind with Technomancer and my "general fight" gear as I didn't know what to expect, apart from the "building up damage" pop up ready to unleash some freezing cold ice towards me and pets.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/3/2021 10:41:07   
DragonKeeper

One warrior with pet dragon against four more powerful opponents is not a fair fight. I have been using Pyromancer with 31 all resist and 63 ice resist for a total of 94 "stacked" ice resist. They still keep wiping me out every time.

< Message edited by DragonKeeper -- 4/3/2021 10:49:22 >
DF  Post #: 6
4/3/2021 13:09:13   
Kurtz96

Wow, I bought the DC refraction pendant from collapse quest cause I didn't want to redo for the level 90 reward, then instantly got the level 90 drop.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
4/3/2021 13:38:48   
LoreQuester

@DragonKeeper that's the point though, to fight against increasingly impossible odds and come out on top

Regarding the final challenge, I was expecting it to be a three-way brawl given the bosses' relation with one another. Perhaps there could be another mode like mentioned (without any reward) to spice things up and allow us to spectate a good whooping?
AQ  Post #: 8
4/3/2021 13:44:34   
anime_rpg

Ooh, I didn't see the Togsaday quest on Thursday, looking forward to playing that.
I'm really excited though about the Translucent helm when clicking as I'm hoping they will add that option to Avatar of Time. I really like the class at the time but stopped using it when I realised I was missing out on all the expressions in cutscenes (though Epoch is now giving it a run for its money.)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
4/3/2021 17:32:26   
  DemonicDarkwraith

ArchKnight DragonFable

This week's release was something as it brought us the first of hopefully many 4 monsters at once encounters: the Togsday Refuse option Togs and now Ice & Dragons. Ice & Dragons is one of the hardest challenges in the game and getting through it will give you a sense of relief as it gives awesome rewards: Vilmor Customization for DragonLord, a -10 Health and +24 MS, but low crit and bonus helm and most importantly, a +10 All -20 Health Ice weapon. I absolutely dig the challenge and those rewards because the difficulty feels right as the helm and weapon fill some fantastic niche like healing and nuking for the helm while the weapon is good for many -Ice sources like Ice Scythe/VIK's specials. I hope that we see more 4 monsters at once encounters in the future, especially in the Inn as it gives many ideas around it.
DF  Post #: 10
4/3/2021 19:07:57   
mds2006

wow...
unless they're all individually significantly weaker and easier to defeat than these guys, i really hope we don't see any more 4-opponent Inn challenges.... or at least have it be like they're stronger in their individual battles but have a lot less HP and deal less damage specifically in the vs4 battle
Post #: 11
4/3/2021 20:22:24   
Vikken101

@mds2006
Well inn varies quite significantly in difficulty depending on this challenge, for this one in particular the developers said they indeed the difficulty to be quite high. Because the rewards are so so good.
Post #: 12
4/3/2021 23:46:14   
DragonKeeper

I am not too good at these extremely difficult boss fights. But the ice weapon seems to be a very valuable reward indeed. I wish there was an alternate grinder method for earning these types of weapons with 10 all resist and -20 health resist. For example, I was able to grind out over 10000 war wave defender medals in less than two weeks during the Great Giftnapping war. I do not see myself ever defeating those four bosses in the Ice and Dragons challenge, even with food, potions, and fully stacked resistance. The monsters and Dragon Lords eat through my hp too fast for my character to survive.
DF  Post #: 13
4/4/2021 0:03:00   
Kurtz96

@DragonKeeper,

If you are really having trouble and have pyromancer, Astral Codex posted a video using pyromancer and has the gear/build in the description ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OujZ4V3VqE). You can just follow his/her rotation move per move. Also would recommend reading the endgame wiki pages on them to keep track of rotation and rng debuffs inflicted ( https://dragonfable-endgame.fandom.com/wiki/Glaisaurus_and_DragonMaster_Frostscythe).

EDIT: I beat the quadruple with KAA but I used 2 food. It is possible to win without food right?

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 4/4/2021 1:41:14 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
4/4/2021 8:01:40   
DragonKeeper

@Kurtz96,

I too was able to eek out a win with Kathool Adept class. It was not easy. I also used 2 foods and several potions.

< Message edited by DragonKeeper -- 4/4/2021 8:22:41 >
DF  Post #: 15
4/4/2021 10:09:24   
Fire alandry

I saw a video of someone doing the challenge with Techno- but he used both DragonKnight weapon and Vile Infused Rose... Same thing with Ranger.
Is there a way to win without DC? I do have DDOSoE and DragonBlaser.

Someone mentioned Ascendant/MS. Anyone managed to beat the dou with them?
DF  Post #: 16
4/4/2021 12:43:46   
Coddiwomple

@Fire alandry

You should be fine with just DragonBlaser, as there's rarely time in the fight where you're shielded and can afford to bust out the full DragonKnight set, at least from my experience - it should be on par with just having a DragonKnight weapon slotted (just 10% less extra damage), although the fight will be a bit harder as the dragons are the worst part. I haven't tested this though, so it's just speculation.

As for the Vile Infused weapons, you should be fine without, especially if you've defeated both the dragons and only have Frostscythe and Vilmor remaining (their damage and debuffs are only really a threat when combined with their dragons' -ice resist attacks).
DF  Post #: 17
4/4/2021 16:52:33   
TFS
Helpful!

quote:

I saw a video of someone doing the challenge with Techno- but he used both DragonKnight weapon and Vile Infused Rose... Same thing with Ranger.
Is there a way to win without DC? I do have DDOSoE and DragonBlaser.

Someone mentioned Ascendant/MS. Anyone managed to beat the dou with them?

While the DragonKnight Blade is strictly better, the damage difference between it and the DragonBlaser isn't huge; if it comes down to the point where the 7.6% damage increase is strictly necessary then, uh, you'd have to just get luckier rolls, I guess. While the same applies to Vile Rose, it's only 50 DCs and can be obtained with dailies, so there's no reason not to have it.
While there's no substitute for the full DragonKnight set, it's extremely risky to use here as equipping the Helm and Cape will lower your Ice resistance.

People on Discord have done Ascendant, and I have done MSW. Other classes that have since beaten the quartet include Pirate, Technomancer, Ranger, and Riftwalker.

< Message edited by TFS -- 4/4/2021 20:11:03 >
DF  Post #: 18
4/4/2021 17:59:27   
LigerBeard

Just out of curiosity, has anyone beaten them with Dragonslayer yet? I'm just wondering if it's possible.

Haven't gotten to test it yet.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
4/4/2021 20:04:09   
  DemonicDarkwraith

ArchKnight DragonFable

^Dragonslayer can do solos, but both Vilmor and Frostscythe have anti-Dragonslayer triggers, making it impossible to do the quartet.
DF  Post #: 20
4/8/2021 14:58:12   
AstralCodex

I really like this fight as well! As TFS says, it's been a while since we had a tough Inn fight, and this one was really quite tough, with rewards that match the difficulty. I especially like how different classes approach the fight differently - some kill Cyrozen first, some kill Cyrozen last, for example.
DF  Post #: 21
4/9/2021 5:27:02   
moe

Whats BiS?
AQW  Post #: 22
4/9/2021 7:58:53   
stratuscone

Best in Slot
AQ DF  Post #: 23
4/9/2021 18:45:01   
Caesaris
Void Walker

this fight is absolutely crazy mad and I love it.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 24
4/9/2021 20:29:25   
joglaze

I'm just wondering if the +6 in the main stats is worth the upgrade from Distorted Visage? I like the crit that the Visage gives me, but wow those +24s look good, lol.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= April 2nd Design Notes: Arena at the Edge of Time: Ice and Dragons
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition