Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Golden Giftbox Cross-Game Extravaganza Part 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Golden Giftbox Cross-Game Extravaganza Part 2
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/5/2021 12:13:57   
Bu Kek Siansu

quote:

Home Page: http://www.battleon.com

--------

Spring Sales Event!
Z-Token packages give up to an extra 25% bonus Z-Tokens!

--------

Golden Giftbox Cross-Game Extravaganza Part 2:
There were so many requested items that they could not possibly fit into one release! So we are adding nearly 20 more items from many of your favorite AE games to the Golden Giftboxes. Find tons of amazing rewards like the Void Awakening Set, Grave's End series, Gnomish Steamtank Armor, plus much more!

Unwrap yours before they are gone as ALL Cross-game Golden Giftbox prizes will be leaving in May!

The following prizes will be leaving this week:
  • Legion Marauder Armor and Claymore
  • Legion Overlord Burst and Blast Spells
  • Legion Cannoneer Summoning Spells
  • Devourer of Souls Aegis
  • End of Graves
--------

Digi-tagged! -Digital X

< Message edited by Digital X -- 4/5/2021 13:36:07 >
Post #: 1
4/5/2021 14:46:13   
Zennistrad

Ooh, a second one! That's really cool.

Still hoping we get to see the Unsqueakable Farce as an AQ weapon someday.
AQ  Post #: 2
4/5/2021 15:32:23   
Inferno369

Yay! Glad a second round is coming. Definitely exciting!

Ooh, and is that the Abyssal Cutlass of Nulgath? Sweet.
AQ  Post #: 3
4/6/2021 0:18:03   
Bao Zi

@staff Is Legion Marauder Armor staying on doing magic damage only?
AQ  Post #: 4
4/6/2021 16:03:20   
PD

I’m also hoping we get addressed some other items that need to be looked at from the previous extravaganzas, most notably Neko doll.

Also small request but could we get the dark mjolnir trigger and fsb to change on INT instead of STR? It would be nice to have to farm caecus for warriors and rangers whom don’t want to use spacefarer cannon. In general the 100 proc support in this game is rather lackluster, especially for damage boosted weapons with flavors like troll club / bloodzerker / bloodblade that are not premium and or rare. No secret but I really wish we did have a 100 proc version of troll club.

< Message edited by PD -- 4/6/2021 16:09:50 >
Post #: 5
4/8/2021 11:49:04   
Mike Dragonblade

Amazing! Hopefully the devs will be nice enough tell us a list of all the new items since they are more than 20.

Crossings my fingers for the DerpFish Pet!
AQ DF  Post #: 6
4/8/2021 14:54:39   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

quote:

Is Legion Marauder Armor staying on doing magic damage only?

From Kam: It's a Call Forth the Fire Dragon clone, IIRC that means it doesn't use player stats.

quote:

Not sure why all the Legion ggbs are leaving when 1 item traditionally stays, which in this case should definitely be the Cannoneer guest since good ice guests are basically nonexistent.

Good point, I'll leave the Cannoneer summons in.

We have a ton of items coming this week so this will be a Saturday release folks! Here are the items coming to the GGBs this week:

Graves End Blade, Axe, and Dagger
Regal DragonBlade P Dragonblade of Nulgath
Abyssal Cutlass of Nulgath
Re's Absolute Annihilator
StormHawk
Rainbow's Edge Spell
4 versions of the Gnomish Steamtank Armor
Void Awakening Armor, Shield, Faces, Pet, and Guest

< Message edited by The Hollow -- 4/8/2021 15:09:56 >
AQ  Post #: 7
4/8/2021 15:01:57   
Silver Horn

Regal DragonBlade is an old item.
Post #: 8
4/8/2021 16:42:14   
jd33

I'm interested to see about the Dragonblade as well, how it will be different than Regal. Also even when counting a female and male face for nulgath, it seems we are coming at 18 items, maybe I missed something, but is it really over 20 new items?

Oh I see, "Nearly 20,"
AQ  Post #: 9
4/8/2021 17:12:32   
Lord Markov

quote:

Cool news for Beastmasters, thanks Hollow!
AQ  Post #: 10
4/8/2021 17:18:53   
Mike Dragonblade

quote:

+1 Thank you, thats great.
AQ DF  Post #: 11
4/8/2021 17:51:10   
joac1144

quote:

From Kam: It's a Call Forth the Fire Dragon clone, IIRC that means it doesn't use player stats.

This is not correct - at least for Legion Marauder. It does definitely use the player's INT. I have tested it and compared 0 INT vs. 250 INT. There's no doubt that INT affects it.

Also, it being locked to Magic makes it less valuable for warriors since they cannot boost the skill with booster pet/guest.

So essentially the armor is useless for non-mages currently.
AQ  Post #: 12
4/10/2021 13:43:20   
Sphinx Jevoha

Hello :)

Have the new GGBs been released yet? Any idea when they might be available?

Cheers!
Post #: 13
4/10/2021 13:52:24   
Macho Man

^They can come pretty much at any time today but I'd say sometime tonight with a few items released tomorrow/early next week because of their complexity.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
4/10/2021 14:05:36   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The prizes are still being worked on! Still planning to release today but I'm not sure on the time yet.

The Legion Marauder armor skill being limited to only magic damage is on Imr's short list to fix. So I'm going to leave Marauder armor and claymore in for at least another month.

< Message edited by The Hollow -- 4/10/2021 15:23:05 >
AQ  Post #: 15
4/10/2021 16:14:51   
PD

^^ One thing that might be another easy fix on Legion Marauder, the help text still references dragons like it does on Frozen Dragonslayer, though it still correctly triggers on demons.

But that is good news regarding the legion set.
Post #: 16
4/10/2021 16:57:27   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Most of the items from many of your favorite AE games are now in the Golden Giftboxes! The 4 versions of the Steamtank armor are still on the way and I'll let you folks know once they have been finished.
AQ  Post #: 17
4/10/2021 17:27:25   
PD

Is the void awakening armor still being developed? I don't see it in any of the shops.
Post #: 18
4/10/2021 20:38:36   
Kurtz96

I am enjoying stacking gandolphin, dragonlord's will, and the new guest and pet together to become invincible.
We do seem to be missing the armor though. And is there going to be a weapon for this set? Or is the Nulgath Cutlass the weapon for this set?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
4/11/2021 0:26:45   
Sphinx Jevoha

The Void Awakening Armour is now available:) It is really impressive, cool art and a nice animation for skill. From what I can see:

Default Attack: Same as weapon, 2 hits, chance to inflict 100% Afraid Status.
Skill Attack: Element locked to Fire, 0 SP cost, 2 hits, +70% bonus damage, chance to inflict Dazed/Paralysed.

The Skill costs 0 SP, so you can spam your SP on the shield's Fire skill.

Really nice armour, only the lean is Neutral.

Not sure if there is any FSB, since I can't see a Void Awakening weapon.

Cheers!
Post #: 20
4/11/2021 0:32:01   
I Overlord I

Any particular reason the bulk of this batch is in UR boxes? Previously, it was generally just the armors, which obviously isn't ideal either but understandable. This new trend of locking most time-limited weapons, shields, spells, pets, and miscs behind a large paywall is a little odd.

“Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.”
AQ  Post #: 21
4/11/2021 2:51:06   
Kurtz96

I have been wanting a element locked armor for fire. So happy. Only issue is the neutral lean making it worse that the other mounts.

I assume the info subs will come with the GPS armors?

< Message edited by Kurtz96 -- 4/11/2021 2:57:02 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 22
4/11/2021 2:57:49   
PD

From that preliminary description, it does look interesting, but if I wanted bonus damage with a fire element locked attack, we already have a lot of armors that do this (headless, bloodzerker, ronto rex, rastille, samuraiketsu to name a few). How does that bonus damage work exactly? Does that +70 get added on top of what would normally be an element locked weapon attack? Plus the shield (as I've tested) is only a spell-based fire skill, so it doesn't have *that* much synergy with the void awakening armor I would imagine because spell based skills don't get weapon effects. Though it does great damage but the fact that it's skill based means there's not much synergy to go around until we get info subs along with any FSB's or what have you.

< Message edited by PD -- 4/11/2021 3:02:58 >
Post #: 23
4/11/2021 3:11:41   
Kurtz96

Well the armor's you listed are skills ((headless, bloodzerker, ronto rex, rastille, samuraiketsu) that require an SP payment. This is a mount/dismount thing equivalent to Graverider/Griffonrider/Veywoild etc.
This has an elecomp of 1.75ish which is about the same as the drakath fiend form or Veywild rider. But weaker since this is a neutral lean instead of offensive lean.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 24
4/11/2021 7:26:07   
Silver Horn

I recommend not buying them unless you really like the art or there are some tweaks later down the line. Please do not waste your Ultra-rares like me!

Ultra-rares!

Grave's End - Just the same old effect with different BtH depending on the version. FYI: You also can't switch between versions in the upgrader. Not worth an UR imo.

Abyssal Cutlass of Nuglath - I don't even know where to begin. It's essentially a dark clone of Taxing Cutlass which is rare while this costs an UR. To add salt to the wound, it's also mechanically inferior to Taxing Cutlass too. If you want an SP dark regen weapon, use Dragonlord. This weapon definitely needs a second look at as it's inferior to the Rare counterpart. It should be worth a common imo.

Re's Annihilator - Just a melee version of void spear of war which is rare. Cray's birthday weapon is much better if you want harm since the SP cost negates the harm penalty. Also, Void Vanquisher is another good F2P option. Not worth an UR although it's possible it may get tweaked.

Rainbow's Edge - It's okay. Blind eater but has a low cap so it falls short compared to other eaters. I still don't think it's worth an UR for me personally but could be after some tweaks.

Dragonblade of Nulgath - Is an energy clone of the token weapon Peta Dragon Buster. However, there is also a magic toggle for mages, unlike Peta. It does cost a UR but it's fine given the other alternative also costs tokens.

Void Awakener pet/guests - They can give a weak mana or chi shield every turn. Or act like leeches to regen SP or MP depending on the version you picked. But the guest also has to support its own upkeep cost. There are many better options available if you want regen. That being said, it's an SP leech guest if you want that. Not worth an UR. Feels more like a Rare item.

Void Awakener Armour - It's basically a Griffin Rider like armour but Neutral Lean which ensures its place in the "will never see the light of day" trash pile. You don't get the fear/paralyse chance unless using it with the shield. And even then, the chance is extremely low.
Time and again we are told, "not every item needs to compete against Bloodzerker/Bloodmage." So why make a terrible fire armour that tries to compete against said Bloodzerker and make it Neutral Lean? It's counterintuitive! There is no creativity here and it's really disheartening. The armour could have given void resistance but with 200% to other resistances? Maybe a burn skill? Or better yet, have another skill such as Thermal Shock? Just something that is fun and interesting. Nobody is asking for it to be a better Zerker with more damage, but it at least needs to be competitive against other items it's going against for an UR.

In its current form, you're better off buying Blazing Bloodzerker which is superior in every aspect. This armour should be a Rare or Common.

Steamtank Armour - I don't even know where to start with this one. So it's FD Energy that has a protective skill. The skill gives an ele shield and +24 Defence boost for 2 turns. The other skills is 392/490 SP spell-based skill on an FD armour that does 0 damage and inflicts a 5 turn 1.7 power poison and a 5 turn -12 def loss that stacks endlessly and refreshes the duration. Which then negates the defence boost given by the other skill. If you want to stack what is an insanely weak poison then you also nerf yourself a ton! This is just mind-boggling, especially for a FD armour! Words simply can't express how utterly appalled and disappointed I am. I'm absolutely speechless! To add insult to injury, it's not even swappable in the upgrader. It is absolutely not worth an UR, Rare or even Common. Avoid it like the plague!

Rares!

Stormhawk - Slightly better than Underfeatablade but okay for a Rare.

Void Awakener shield - Fire shield that compresses a standard 1 hit spell. Nothing special but it's okay for a Rare.

The main gripe with these items is:

1) The average price of items is very high relative to their value. Especially compared to cheaper alternatives which do the same thing but better. There are simply too many items that are UR which shouldn't be.
2) While the rest of the items are not direct offenders, they're part of the problem of a lack of items to get excited about. They're nice to have, but it's like getting bug fixes instead of a release when the players are led to believe a release is coming.
3). Not necessarily exclusive to the event, Daze feels like it's just a filler status tacked on random stuff. It saddens me to say, but recently the game feels creatively bankrupt! It's always the same old effects time and again. Meanwhile, effects like Thermal Shock, Soaked etc. never see the light of day. Soaked has been in the game for what feels like forever, and yet still to this day there is only one weapon that can inflict it, which is old and out of date.

< Message edited by Silver Horn -- 4/13/2021 17:08:05 >
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Golden Giftbox Cross-Game Extravaganza Part 2
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition