Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

how can i beat Baorus the Deathwright?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> how can i beat Baorus the Deathwright?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/8/2021 2:30:42   
cruciatul

I have problems beating Baorus. Can anyone help me? I am full mage . I;ve tried staying in whiteknight z and chipping dmg with celerity, but i can not find a way to get past 50% without him regening more than i dmg.

Thanks in advance!
AQ  Post #: 1
4/8/2021 4:49:37   
joac1144

He triggers on Undead, so if your subrace is Vampire, Werepyre or Dracopyre, he'll be harder to beat. You're also considered Undead if your equipped armor is tagged as such, so don't use any Vampire/Werepyre armor.
It's possible to beat him just by sitting in a Light armor with a Light shield (maybe a Light res misc too) and attack normally. I suggest using Paladin armor+shield and make Baorus undead with the Zorbak Ally Assist.
AQ  Post #: 2
4/8/2021 11:31:23   
Veleqwii_Fox

As a mage I got to say it was sort of difficult. Here's what I did:

I used Paladin equipment (13% light resist, 65/60/66 MRM, Fully Defensive). Any Light FD armor + weapon + shield could probably do since I didn't use Zorbak ally assist to turn Baorus into undead and gain Paladin bonuses. I had Elahi Irt of Osiris for stats and Light res. I also had Poelala pet equipped but not the guest.

First I stacked celerity using Shadowfeeder Pendant and Purple Rain (Poelala pet unequipped for cheaper SP). I should've cast Moonwalker too but I forgot. PR again to return to original HP/MP values.

After that I converted my HP to fill up my SP bar, and converted the SP to Chi Shield using Dragonlord Shield (only one cast). This way, when his Burn damaged the chi shield, it didn't heal him.

Every turn, I attacked him with the light weapon and I did one cast of Dragonlord Shield to increase my Chi Shield (more efficient when done only once per turn). When I ran out of SP, I just converted my HP to fill up my SP bar again. When I ran out of HP, I used Cherub Protection to heal up (any INT-based healing spell could probably do). I did this until I ran out of MP.

I just continued to attack him with the light weapon, hoping that his HP would go down before my Chi shield did. In the final few stages of the battle my HP, MP and SP bars were all depleted and I only had the Chi Shield to protect me.

I was only able to do this one time, so it may not work all the time especially if you get stun-locked or if the Burn level gets too high. Do note that I was also able to beat him as a Vampire so there's no need to remove your subrace

EDIT: I was able to do it again with 20 HP/20 MP left but with around 3k Chi Shield remaining

< Message edited by Veleqwii_Fox -- 4/8/2021 11:55:03 >
Post #: 3
4/10/2021 1:37:09   
cruciatul

What are the heal regen spells suitable for a mage and where can i get them from?
AQ  Post #: 4
4/10/2021 2:36:51   
cruciatul

Chi shield = chimeran shield? If you could tell me from where can i get the items you have used, it would be highly appreciated.
AQ  Post #: 5
4/10/2021 3:24:24   
Veleqwii_Fox

The heal regen spell I used, Cherub Protection, was from Snugglefest in February. I think it's rare now. There's Cure Fatal Wounds from Warlic's shop, that could work. Potions are stronger though and free of charge, but some people just don't like using potions.

Chi Shield is a skill from the Haunted/Eclipsed Dragonlord Shields from the Haunted Dragonlord Mastercraft Set in Warlic's. You can find the Wind version from the Inner Keep, and the Darkness version from the Obsidian Roots. You click the shield to provide you a shield that blocks damage. This doesn't take a turn. I usually get about 600 HP worth of damage block for every click. The cost is 372 SP initially, but increases every time you use it again on the same turn. This is why I only click it once per turn so the cost is only 372 SP.

Paladin is probably one of the best light armors in the game. You can get it from the Paladin Class quest (Travel Map -> Halls of Honor), you may want to train your Paladin Class to Level 21 to get all the benefits/skills.
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> how can i beat Baorus the Deathwright?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition