Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Monster Damage

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Monster Damage
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/1/2021 5:24:51   
Veleqwii_Fox

So assumed monster damage is around 140% Melee. But what player resistance/lean does that assume? Neutral lean with 100% or the one with armor+shield which is usually 13-15%?

< Message edited by Veleqwii_Fox -- 5/1/2021 5:27:09 >
Post #: 1
5/1/2021 5:57:15   
joac1144

Assumed monster damage is 140% of assumed player damage (Melee); the monster is expected to hit on 13% player resistance, Neutreal lean
AQ  Post #: 2
5/1/2021 10:14:41   
Veleqwii_Fox

I see. I did some calculations, and I came up with average player damage (250 mainstat/LUK) as around 404 on neutral lean. Does this mean monsters are supposed to do 566 damage every turn at 13% res? It looks pretty high

< Message edited by Veleqwii_Fox -- 5/1/2021 10:22:21 >
Post #: 3
5/1/2021 18:34:09   
joac1144

Sorry, got confused. Monster damage is 140% of expected player damage, expected player damage is 395.40625 at lvl 150. It may be at 100% res and not 13%, but the number seems way too low for that. Some testing shows that a lvl 150 monster easily does 800+ damage on 90% res.
AQ  Post #: 4
5/1/2021 22:10:40   
Legendary Ash

Base monster damage is 140% of player damage at expected stats, it is then modified by the player's expected resistances, at Lv 150 a standard single element armor and shield is 39% -25% respectively for 14%, so a Power 2 enemy by default is 395.40625*1.4/.14.

Monsters have a more extensive pooling of power from their Monster Power, Damage output/Leans, Blocking, Resistances and Hp than players, which enables high variation in statistical design among monsters, monster standards are simply different from players, so any attempts to draw parallels to them will be met with confusion.

Should an enemy have two or more attacking elements it assumes an armor + shield with maximum resistances to the said elements, even or uneven would both average the same. For example a dual element monster works with 39% Primary 41% Secondary or 40% to both for armor and 25% Primary 14% Secondary, 21% or 20% to both elements for shield.

MRM Blocking leans are balanced to impact total resistance on armor and shields.

< Message edited by Legendary Ash -- 5/1/2021 22:15:10 >
AQ  Post #: 5
5/1/2021 22:45:34   
Veleqwii_Fox

I see, so the 140% Melee (553 damage) is assumed for Power 2 monsters? Does that mean Power 1 mobs should deal around half that (around 277 damage)?

I guess that sounds about right. We'd last 10 rounds with 0 END if that's the case then
Post #: 6
5/2/2021 16:11:32   
Legendary Ash

Taken from (Arcane) Tongue/Scythe of Stragath
quote:

Expected duration = 10 * (sqrt(MonsterPower)/MonsterLean) * (1 + (END/200))

MonsterPower is a multiplicative product of Damage and Hp, therefore a square root separates it into its components.
Before MonsterLean adjusts the ratio of Damage among other stats that are pooled, Square root of 2 equates to *1.414 in both Damage and Hp compared to a Power 1 Monster.
AQ  Post #: 7
5/2/2021 20:29:53   
Veleqwii_Fox

quote:

MonsterPower is a multiplicative product of Damage and Hp, therefore a square root separates it into its components.

I see, so does that mean a power 2 monster only gets either double HP or double damage (or any value in between), and not both?

I'm asking about monster damage since I'm running Essence of Carnage. It's upkeep is just so high I'm wondering if the Backlash effect is worth keeping it out. I don't really have dedicated backlash gear and stats.
Post #: 8
5/3/2021 4:04:04   
joac1144

quote:

I see, so does that mean a power 2 monster only gets either double HP or double damage (or any value in between), and not both?

Correct.

quote:

It's upkeep is just so high I'm wondering if the Backlash effect is worth keeping it out. I don't really have dedicated backlash gear and stats.

I generally don't think it's worth running backlash without at least mid-high END, but EoC may be useful as long as you have 250 CHA.
AQ  Post #: 9
5/3/2021 4:55:56   
Veleqwii_Fox

I run EoC mainly due to the Melee/Ranged damage bonus since Dun/Therna are URs. I only take it out sometimes because I run into SP-issues especially with armor toggles/miscs on. I was thinking if it's worth using Essence Orb to gain back the SP used up by EoC.

Right now, I'm just going by feel. If I think the backlash does some significant damage then I'll keep EoC out. But if not, and the monster hardly does any damage, I'll just dismiss EoC.
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Monster Damage
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition