Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Wyrd West Rescue + Limited-Time Shop - Mother's Day

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Wyrd West Rescue + Limited-Time Shop - Mother's Day
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/7/2021 18:51:24   
Deaf of Destiny

Kamui, awww Why no tome? we need more tome please
Post #: 26
5/7/2021 19:16:24   
Macho Man

quote:

the set has some neat animations for various stuff, and I really like the effects we've got for it. Bad news is I'm still working on finishing up the armour/weapon, the armour specifically has lots of animation bits where it shapeshifts for various bits

Say no more, this sounds lovely!

< Message edited by Macho Man -- 5/7/2021 21:16:53 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
5/7/2021 19:42:46   
Veleqwii_Fox

Yeah! Now I'm even more excited lol
Post #: 28
5/8/2021 3:15:26   
stratuscone

sqwueeeeee!!! protector set! the first(?) set that got my attention back when i started playing seriously in 2008!

Time is of the Essence--- except for us.

AQ DF  Post #: 29
5/8/2021 3:38:27   
SilverSoul

I noticed that Naga/Sila's Staff seems to no longer be tagged guardian only. Was that from this update or was it from a previous one?

Well, on the topic of the protector armor, I'm assuming it'll be a nice piece of equipment to have for all the dodgy rogues out there ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
5/8/2021 4:29:45   
kamikazi008

The Sinister 7 War used to be accessible to Adventurers, so the rewards have always been Adventurer-tagged.

If there's a Guardian character on the account, they can get the item and transfer it to Adventurer characters through the Shared Item Vault.

The same is true of several other items. I can think of Head of Raydius Dragon and the Nilak donation drive items (most notoriously Essence Orb).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
5/8/2021 5:12:16   
SilverSoul

I'm aware that adventurers who obtained the staff when the war was accessible to everyone were able to use it. The thing is, I do distinctly remember the staff being tagged as guardian later on, with its text being red in character pages. And was not transferable to adventurer characters from guardians.

Edit: On second thought, it may have been a massive brain fart on my part. But it's weird, if this was the case I would have jumped on the opportunity on transferring it over to my adventurer character back when shared vault was released. I do that with essence orb, after all.

< Message edited by SilverSoul -- 5/8/2021 5:26:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
5/8/2021 14:50:53   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

We're still working on the release folks! As long as nothing horrifically explodes (which is always a possibility with gear this complex) the release will be coming later today.
AQ  Post #: 33
5/8/2021 15:30:25   
PD

That does remind me, a few things I hadn't thought of since my last post:

1. We never learned if these Proteans had names from the older quest. Perhaps we might learn their names?

2. Eventually, this quest will have to be put on the map or in some menu. Since we first met the Proteans in the Devourer Saga, are we going to be able to access this in that menu? If so I think it could be part of the Epilogue (Part 8) right after the Restoration. Although AQ still in-game doesn't give us a terribly good idea of when some things happen chronologically. It would have to be established that this happens well after the Restoration, although still somewhat connected the Devourer Saga? Alternatively this could be placed as part of the "Far West" Saga that has been going on for some time, but even that isn't well consolidated either unlike a lot of the quest sagas.

PS Hollow: If you can, I sent a PM to you. Apparently PM's don't notify anymore (so you might miss it if you don't check it regularly) but it's a very important thing.

Thanks for putting so much effort into this release guys, I'm really looking forward to it all!

< Message edited by PD -- 5/8/2021 15:37:13 >
Post #: 34
5/8/2021 21:05:55   
Kurtz96

Any news on the udpate?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 35
5/8/2021 23:47:08   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The release is live!

Kamui is still working on updating the original armor to match current functionality of the Earth Adept Protector armour.

< Message edited by The Hollow -- 5/9/2021 0:01:33 >
AQ  Post #: 36
5/9/2021 0:14:21   
Kurtz96

quote:

Kamui is still working on updating the original armor to match current functionality of the Earth Adept Protector armour.

Aw, I liked the uniqueness of the protector armor. Changing it seems a shame.

Is there a mechanical/game paly reason the old mechanics couldn't be kept?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 37
5/9/2021 0:31:46   
PD

Alright, finished the quest!

spoiler:

So I WAS right, they DO have names, and they're the same guys from the original quest. It's nice to reconnect with some old guys. We also get a brief explanation about how some of them have become gold colored. Something to do with how they've gotten a new adaptation as a result of being on Lore for as long as they have?

Also, there looks like there's a few artwork updates as well. Undead Frog, Sheep, and I think there was a minor art update to the Brain Spider too?

Bad news, looks like Erebus and his transmorphers might be back to their good-for-nothing ways.

So as for the shop items, we get Water, Energy AND Earth variants. But I'll have to wait and see since the Armor and the Weapon are

Also a shop bug, the Evolved Protector Rod (Energy Version) is listed twice for its tier. It looks like one of those is supposed to be Light, and the other Energy.

< Message edited by PD -- 5/9/2021 0:35:39 >
Post #: 38
5/9/2021 0:54:43   
Souldragonz

The ancient mother staff and mother growth shield will be great additions for my beastmaster. I enjoyed the quest but the protector armor's effects feel a little boring, would have preferred an armor skill that lets you guarantee to block the next attack against the armor's element
Post #: 39
5/9/2021 1:04:03   
Sphinx Jevoha

Hello Guys:)

So just finished the quest, it was really short and easy! Regarding the items, the armour and weapon are Z-Token, and they are decent. However, the set has completely lost its uniqueness: the armour's elemental resistances no longer adapt to incoming attacks, you cannot click on helmet/body etc for the bonus MRM and visual upgrades. The new items do feel quite boring, sadly :(

The good part is that the new set has a very strong Bleed effect - you start doing 1000+ damage each turn within like 3 turns. I really liked the old Protector, the new one is essentially a Bleed machine.
Post #: 40
5/9/2021 1:13:58   
Kurtz96

quote:

So just finished the quest, it was really short and easy! Regarding the items, the armour and weapon are Z-Token, and they are decent. However, the set has completely lost its uniqueness: the armour's elemental resistances no longer adapt to incoming attacks, you cannot click on helmet/body etc for the bonus MRM and visual upgrades. The new items do feel quite boring, sadly :(

I agree with this. And apparently the old protector gear will the updated to this
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 41
5/9/2021 1:17:46   
Zork Knight

It's weird that the armor is clearly meant for dodge builds, yet it settles on 50 MRM. It'd be better if it were optimized with lower secondary resists and 55 MRM
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 42
5/9/2021 1:37:02   
PD

^^ I think it's lower because it's meant to be used as a set, which combined it would get you to 77.5 (50 + 14 + 13.5) MRM to that selected defense type. Hence the compensation factor where its original values is lower but the FSB is supposed to make up for it.

So I've been using the items for a while (I got the water element) and my thoughts on the items:

Weapon: The weapon is pretty good. I can pretty much compress my utilities (autohit + element + bleed) into 1 slot which frees me up for other things. Along with that it works pretty well with the Firetank armor which allows you to stack both a bleed AND a burn for massive damage, or Subrace Werewolf Wolf Claws AND this for bleeds that stack together. However utility compression as great as it is has become somewhat devalued (so no fault really) over the years due to all the min-maxing that has been in vogue for a while so I imagine even if there's a ton of compressed utility here that people may still stick with what they have.

Shield: It's also good, but to bring out its full potential, you need the FSB, which you probably won't be able to do if you don't have the tokens for both the weapon AND the armor. But likely you would have the tokens. You'll end up with a lot of MRM (77.5!!!!) but this still for a fully effective dodge build would require more out of this, and you've occupied both the weapon and shield to achieve just that so one would likely choose another setup for a dodge build. Although these are rare options, if you have Master Guard for light, you'd avoid the Light version of the Shield. Hyperaldelphian/Logos for Water. And the list goes on.

Armor: I do like the concept, and I imagine those of you who have the Brightslayer Shield will be giddy about this (66% damage boosts, or 99 with the Brightslayer weapon!). Yet it suffers because the lean penalizes the damage boost. Along with that it feels like as many of us say it's lost some flavor of its old versatility. Paladin also exists which lets you achieve a feature that the Light Protean, has ruining its selling point (along with the fact that Paladin is free and Light Protean is not). Energy could have used this for an option but this is a Token Item so it likely won't be on a lot of peoples' minds for their energy armor. Ice and Energy in general suffer from a lack of options and updated-ness. (Please update Nemesis and Boreal sets!).

Pet: Definitely the shining star of the set that I imagine even those whom are dis-satisfied with the rest of the set will likely utilize this the most. The fact that there's 4 elements to cover makes this pretty great as you cover 4/8 possibles with this quest alone.

Overall I rate the set 8/10. The set definitely branches out to a lot possible playstyles (bleed, dodge, defense, moderate damage) which is definitely what the original armor accomplished and this is spiritually doing. But through no fault of the team, it's quite obvious that the playerbase has come to prefer extreme flavors of min-maxing, and unfortunately this set suffers from trying to do too many things at once instead of one thing really well.

I think although this may be difficult to do, but one thing that could have been done was to make the Armor and Weapon scaling, since they are Z token items after all. I would definitely use this set on some of my newer characters if that were a possibility because at lower levels being good at a lot of things matters more than min-maxing does. At lower levels upkeeps are more expensive than they are at higher levels and are much less rewarded early on than later, but being jack-of-all-trades like this set would definitely be more useful then.

< Message edited by PD -- 5/9/2021 1:57:54 >
Post #: 43
5/9/2021 2:14:10   
Zork Knight

quote:

^^ I think it's lower because it's meant to be used as a set, which combined it would get you to 77.5 (50 + 14 + 13.5) MRM to that selected defense type. Hence the compensation factor where its original values is lower but the FSB is supposed to make up for it.

I understand that, but it still could've committed further to it, that +5 MRM does make a difference, and if the intent is to dodge, you resistances matter less.
The weapon also sorta has no synergy with the rest of the set; although it is somewhat overdone by now, Blind would synergize better. I am glad for another source of Bleed though, now it just needs more payoffs.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 44
5/9/2021 2:19:17   
Primate Murder

spoiler:

"If oddly sharper."

I had a laugh at that one.
AQ DF  Post #: 45
5/9/2021 10:13:28   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

Ugh, too many z-tokens. Need to see a game play video so I know if its worth it.
Post #: 46
5/9/2021 11:03:18   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

By current standards, the elemental adaptation aspect of the original mechanics would have wound up being too weak or paying too hefty of a cost. Attempting to achieve the same via the straightforward use of status effects would have resulted in effects that are triggered in the Protector armor, but then used with whatever armor deals the most damage instead.

The set's interaction focusing on the blocking adaptation and introducing a different form of control in the form of lean swapping was the next best way to preserve the original theme of adaptability. It's already having to cover for this by having its secondary resistances become just about as weak as they can be.
Post #: 47
5/9/2021 11:10:47   
Zennistrad

The revamp does a very good job of fitting with the original's theme. I probably won't see myself using it since none of my characters are dodge-focused, but it's remarkably well-put together overall.

I do think the pets deserves some special mention here as they are probably some of the strongest offensive pets we've seen in a while. Elevun definitely outclasses most other statuses if you're planning on nuking your foe
AQ  Post #: 48
5/9/2021 16:30:56   
E.Matrix

How do we know the Protector shield is working?

I don't see the MRM changing, or any status effects.
Post #: 49
5/9/2021 18:24:58   
Aura Knight

Check mrm numbers before taking a hit. Check after hit. If the number goes up on the attack style of damage you just took it works.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Wyrd West Rescue + Limited-Time Shop - Mother's Day
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition