Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Advanced character build advice- ANSWERED

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Advanced character build advice- ANSWERED
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/5/2021 0:03:36   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

So I very avidly play a Rouge character with a heavy focus on dodging and doing my absolute best to deal as much damage given the underpowered-ness of my armors compared to current warrior and mage armors. Originally I went the stereotypical ranger type build with less than 100% proc ranged weapon. However I didn't like the aesthetic of using this big halberd/spear/javlins nor the concept of a skillful, agile, and stealthy rogue/ninja/assassin with a ton of STR like he's gonna pick up a house.
Eventually I decided to convert my STR into INT which I thought better fit my role-playing experience since I view INT as cunning as well as access to an extra source of power to preform skills/jutsus (MP).
This also let me have access to magic weapons that come in all shapes and sizes that I could (as best as I could) pick the ones with the effects and aesthetic that I was trying to achieve.

When I switched to INT I was more going down the route of:
1. Using the Prime Chaos Orb (misc) to eventually switch my opponent's elemental resistances to be weakest to darkness
2. Using the Absolute Darkness spell to make my opponent blind with approximately -85BtH
3. Using the Rose-in-Full-Bloom (pet) to inflict Berserk of approximately -20BtH
4. Using the Roots of DAW (misc) to inflict Temporary Entanglement of approximately -216 to DEX = -27BtH or other misc that would just boost my MRM
5. Use a combination of spells like "Moonwalker's Grace", "Imanok Edoc", and the Big Dictionary's (staff) "Panoply", to boost MRM; usually incombination with Purple Rain (spell) and/or the Father Time/Doray shields to preserve MP and attempts to maximize status infliction.
This whole set up takes about 8 turns for the blind and a few turns to maximize the MRM and DEX buffs which is all assuming that the mob doesn't resist status infliction multiple times. Up side to this is, essentially when everything is said and done, unless mob is designed to always hit, they will always miss.

Am I doing too much?

With the introduction of the Bun-banneret guest and pet. I started playing around with dual Bun-banneret which if I stack celerity and I give myself 250 CHA via QuadForce (misc), they give me +78.74 MRM which is realistically 79.99 MRM due to the +50 LUK the misc passively gives. The issue is the SP drain from the misc especially and the guest basically locks me into using my weapons that regen SP and my UltraGuardian shield which doesn't provide as much MRM as my other shields as well as I have to switch out and in of the QuadForce (misc) of the celerity attack and then before my pet and guest apply their buffs so as to not gain such a ridiculous SP drain. Additionally, the only weapons that I know/have that regen SP are ranged and melee weapons which I can activate the Power option of the Quadforce (however I can't sustain the SP drain even with the increased SP regen) or just have relatively weak attacks that don't regen that much SP as well.

Something I've been contemplating is converting my INT into CHA (which also aesthetically works since I'd imagine a rogue to be very slick to deceive people, talk his/her way out of things, get the best deal or get people to do what they want (pets/guest) so that I can focus the QuadForce (misc) on just the power. The issue with that is, I'm pretty much going to have get a whole new inventory of weapons that aren't magic as well as now losing out on spells pretty much entirely.

On one side I have:
• long set up that is not guaranteed (though I usually don't have problems doing it)
• doesn't require any real upkeep once its complete
• stronger effects
On the other side I have something that
• doesn't rely on my opponent
• is faster to set up
• doesn't permit me to deal as much damage as I'm used to
• difficult to upkeep (but do-able)

What would you suggest as well as is there anything I'm missing?

< Message edited by Mr. Roguish -- 5/26/2021 16:19:17 >
Post #: 1
5/5/2021 8:46:32   
Veleqwii_Fox

In my opinion, your set up may be a bit too much. A lot of monsters have 38 base BtH, and if they have 250 Main Stat/DEX/LUK, that's around 44 bonus BtH for a total of 82 BtH. From my experience, around 180 MRM should be enough to dodge most monster attacks.

What I used to do for setting up was Ghost Costume (76 MRM), Shield of Agony's Blood (24/21/27 MRM), Apprentice Guest (~20 BtH blind at 250 CHA), and one cast of Panoply (30 MRM) every five turns. I had 250 DEX (~31 MRM), so my total was ~181/178/184 MRM.

CHA and INT were necessary since I need the mana for Panoply and CHA boosts the Apprentice Guest. For damage I have my pet set to attack, I have Brightslayer Dirk misc (rare, but not necessary), and the Shield does some minor damage. My 5-turn loop was spent drawing mana and casting the occasional spell. For harder enemies, I cast more instances of Panoply for higher MRM, and my pet will be an MP-healing pet to keep up with the MP cost. Damage was hugely affected so I had to rely solely on my shield and misc.

I have, since then, switched from 250 DEX/INT/CHA to 100 DEX, 250 INT/CHA, 150 LUK for better initiative. The set-up still works, but now I have to cast Panoply twice during the 5-turn loop to make up for the lost DEX. I get Celerity on my first turn to be able to cast Panoply twice immediately.

I don't really use Bun-Banneret. It stacks poorly with Panoply because MRM is not consistent. There are turns where you don't have enough and turns where you already have too much.

If you're really looking for best efficiency, I think FO builds can actually do better with Alchemical Unity. You can stack insane levels of blind with that weapon.

< Message edited by Veleqwii_Fox -- 5/5/2021 8:49:39 >
Post #: 2
5/5/2021 20:51:28   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

I do play around with the Alchemical Unity (weapon) + Chaser Bracer (shield) + Brilliance of DAW (misc) which in addition to stacked celerity provides crazy Blind. This is usually against weaker enemies because the biggest problem with that is that it's a slow build up and dependant on my opponent resisting which mobs seem to be able to resist the misc and the shield not all to infrequently.
I have also experienced that the bun-bannerets do not stack well with Panoply nor Imanok Edoc, which is why I'm contemplating the loss of MP probably wouldn't cause thag significant of a loss.

Something you did give me an idea of is converting a lot of DEX to CHA?
I have 250 DEX currently:
• The dead eye see straight potion provides +6.8BtH which equals approximately 90.67 DEX (only in accuracy)
• The Moonwalker's Grace (spell) provides +87 DEX
• So theoretically I could bring my base DEX down to 250-90.67-87=72.34 (approximately 75); without a loss to accuracy.
• And then put the 175 (plus the 5 I already have) in CHA to have the bun-bannerets help make up for the loss in MRM which losing that DEX would be equivalent to 21.875 MRM.

Currently at 5 CHA and no celerity, both bun-bannerets give a total of +20.08 MRM. The question is, is would 180 CHA provide bare minimum of a net total of 41.955 MRM? Problem with that is how much more than 42 MRM is actually worth it?

From my math it should be approximately +53.653 MRM? That doesn't seem right. Using the QuadForce Courage option to get 250 CHA as it suggests, only gives 39.37, so thats not looking good.

< Message edited by Mr. Roguish -- 5/5/2021 22:24:21 >
Post #: 3
5/5/2021 23:53:12   
Veleqwii_Fox

The Bun-Banneret value of 39.37 at 250 CHA seems right. It's not going to make up for lost DEX, unless you can guarantee Celerity every turn, which allows the Buns to give double that so ~80 MRM for that turn

I only had 250 CHA because I was running a BM build. The dodge for me was just a bonus. Turns out it can work because the build is able to reach 180 MRM, which is enough for most mobs. It can still go higher but the battle would just be more drawn out due to lack of high damage.

< Message edited by Veleqwii_Fox -- 5/5/2021 23:59:03 >
Post #: 4
5/6/2021 13:00:20   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

Then what do you think about a conversion of LUK into CHA?

I'm still contemplating whether the QuadForce (misc) is or isn't something I should be using. I've been testing running fights with the Alchemical Unity + Chaser Bracer + Brilliance of DAW with no issues so far again, but I do know there was a reason I stopped heavily relying on it, I just don't remember lol.
Post #: 5
5/7/2021 4:36:35   
Veleqwii_Fox

I'm not really sure if CHA is the best choice. I mean your set up already works well. CHA will only give you a little more MRM, which you probably don't need anymore anyway.

I think sticking with LUK is better. With initiative you don't always have the need to start with the right armor/shield to tank the first hit. Plus, 250 LUK also gives 6.25 MRM and helps with save rolls for Blind statuses.
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Advanced character build advice- ANSWERED
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition