Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Dual Bun-banneret worth it?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Dual Bun-banneret worth it?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/25/2021 13:14:15   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

So I've been trying to get this question answered and I have been receiving bit of useful information to put it together but I dont quite think my main question is being addressed (at least partly because of me struggling to come up with the most unequivocal way to word the question).

I avidly play what most people define as a Dodge build character. I usually use the strategies of:
• Usually for bosses/semibosses- (in a nutshell) stacking absolute darkness before it losses power and just adds extra turns (no more than approx. -85BtH) + some other stuff like temporary MRM buffs and inflicting berserk
Pros- Is a set it and forget it, can also help regain lost HP/MP/SP
Cons- Takes almost if not more than 10 turns to set up, especially dependant on how high the darkness elemental modifier is

• For whatever I feel like at the time- Stacking celerity and using Alchemical Unity + Brilliance of DAW + Chaser Bracer
Pros- SUPER high reductions to BtH can be achieved without multiple means, very minimal resource cost, each equipment buffs the effectiveness of the others
Cons- Can't get full effectiveness without celerity which can be resisted, has to be constantly maintained by keeping same gear and constantly attacking, blind has to build so the first few turns are vulnerable, very dependent on opponent's defenses and ability to resist

Currently I use dual bannerets to provide a small MRM buff (a little over +20 MRM) to cover the initial stages of each strategy.

I am contemplating relying almost completely on the dual bun-bannerets so i can focus on damage and also drastically cut time for set up; but would need to max my CHA (which give an almost +50 and almost +80 MRM) to have them provide a similar buff to the nerfs of the previously mentioned strategies. The only way I can fathom accomplishing this is with the Quadforce (misc)
So far that I have been told that:
• a full -85BtH blind is unnecessary.
• a quadforce build is feasible but should be able to work without it

I believe that having my base CHA be 250 would be most optimal so I dont need a difficult to maintain misc to grant me the point of the whole strategy. Which means I would have to sacrifice one of my other stats; my ideas are either:
• LUK- since I'm not losing that much base MRM considering the formula (250/40=6.25); the misc itself gives +50 LUK, so I'm only actually losing 5 MRM; I can still deal damage without quadforce, but I lose a lot of Lucky strike damage
• INT- Since the only reason for INT is to be able to cast and stack Moonwalker's Grace (spell) which quadforce can provide max INT to churn out at least 10 rounds of increased DEX and QuadForce can be used for and with SP regenerating melee weapons to get max normal damage with max STR, DEX, and LUK, but I will be confined to SP regenerating weapons, only quadforce misc, and be pretty weak without the quadforce misc.

OR is dual bun-bannerets just not worth all that?
Post #: 1
5/26/2021 0:39:09   
Sapphire

In my opinion, if you "want to focus on damage", you need luck more than other supplemental stats...because of the dragonguard spells

I know there are ways to stack damage for nukes, but IMO a single positive celerity at the beginning and then cast dragonguard, your next two turns become all lucky strike damage, including your pets. (I wish they added lucky strikes to guests!)...is the quickest and biggest ROI you can get without 10 minutes of quick cast nonsense.

Luck also assists your blocking, no? Also first turn most of the time is IMO underrated.

I do have a question, as I don't play dodge style. I might be wrong, but is this play style mostly helpful versus bosses since they tend to be given a bunch of status effects that help negate so many things?

And has anyone ever tried playing a dodge style, but without a dodge build? Maybe lucky beastmage or a 0 dex hybrid or some other build, but utilizing all the dodge buffs available? I kind of feel like there's so much dodge stacking items now, that the dex stat is just wasted maybe? OR, is it essential ?

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 5/26/2021 0:40:09 >
Post #: 2
5/26/2021 16:14:11   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

When I say, "focus more on danage", I'm more referring to maybe overdoing stacking of status inflictions not just completely sacrificing defense. This is more in comparison to a character who has items that help boost damage while mine is focused on stacking MRM and/or blind/berserk to potentially absurd levels to reach the highest percentage chance to dodge. My theory is that if all of the neccesary dodging buffs come from my guest and pet (which are nigh guaranteed and not reliant on my opponent), then I can focus on doing damage instead if just maintaining and outlasted.

LUK does assist with blocking, however if I did sacrifice that, I comparatively wouldn't be losing that much and the amount of MRM granted by the CHA effect on the bun-bannerets would more than compensate:
• 250 CHA dual bannerets = +39.37 MRM + celerity = +78.74 MRM + 50 LUK = +79.99 MRM
• 5 CHA Dual bannerets = +20.08 MRM + celerity = +40.16 MRM + 250 LUK = +46.41 MRM
Also first turn is not that hard to achieve with the Whispering raiment and if i really needed it, I could also get the ambush potion.

This play style can win battles others can't and loses battles others can (of course book of burns literally can't lose), it all depends. If the boss has some weird thing that either auto hits or is impossible to inflict with statuses then there's no way you'll win, outside of that it is the best way to kill without wasting resources. Doing it right, you come out if almost every fight with full HP, MP, and maybe even SP. Its especially good for those mobs that have a crap ton of health or nuke resistant that forces you to have long drawn out fights like the void diamond dog boss.
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Dual Bun-banneret worth it?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition