Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: SapphireCatalyst2021's Suggestions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> RE: SapphireCatalyst2021's Suggestions
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/3/2021 11:25:40   
Sapphire

Frostval December GGB or Ztoken package release ideas, as well as some rewards or LTS items during December. These are things that are lacking. I promise if these are implemented, the player base would be ecstatic

1. Frostval Lucky Moglin Hat
Red Server Cap Clone-1.5 lucky strike damage

2. Spirit of Frostval
Quick Cast Spell- 105 Luck, 3 turns

3. Spirit Feeder Misc
SP like rejuvenation necklace misc, so same SP heal as most SP heal weapons (5% of damage; 2.5% of spell damage); MP upkeep

4. Pet Treat Spell
New Years BTH spell clone, but works only for Pets/Guests (Nowhere NEAR enough things that help beastmasters)

5. Frostval's Revelation
Unbound Revelation Clone idea, except mode 1 -> +50 dex, luck, Str, (pure Warrior mode) and mode 2 -> +50 Dex, luck, charisma (beastmaster mode); Light misc 50% damage reduction

6. Crimson Premonition
- Misc that attempts bleed like the Legendary shadow crystal Hydra Day. Crimson Colored "magic 8 ball" type thing.

7. Spider's Web Vial Misc
Cyclops eye clone, except works like Irt of Osiris/Dragon amulet.. So -40% HEAL-back to all 8 elements (Spiders have 8 eyes, so they can see everything coming); +50 End

8. Gambler's Upper Hand
- Quick Cast Spell, SP and MP flavors. -20 *all* status potence, 5 turns

9. Mr. Frostvalverse's Outfit (Misc)
- Should make him a Random monster during December, and this time this is his reward. It's a pic of his Underwear
-Effect- This makes you look more buff, so *all* DoT, and "other" damage is increased by 25%. This includes all bleeds, burns, poisons, diseases, backlash, dodgelash, and anything else I may have missed; SP Upkeep

10. Peppermint Shock
- Fireball Z clone, but overcharged, and Ice element. Extra MP to pay for overcharged. Animation is those circular peppermint candies shooting out just like how fireball Z has fireballs that shoot out

Let's make all these happen staff!!!!!!!!!

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 12/8/2021 7:26:44 >
Post #: 26
12/10/2021 12:21:15   
Sapphire

LUCKY HORSESHOE HILTED SILVER INLAID SABRE

Magic Weapon, No Lean, Mastercraft

Harm Element

Click to Toggle Between Two Modes

Mode 1 (Default)- All Spells Get 1.5X Lucky Strike rate
Mode 2- All Spells Get 1.5X Lucky Strike Damage

Additional 5.75% MP in Melee Cost added to Spellcasting while wielding and casting a spell.
Post #: 27
12/10/2021 12:58:33   
Sapphire

THE CLAW

Guest, MP and SP Varieties

Animated claw with sharp talons

Darkness Element, Mastercraft. Mastercraft Pays for Bleed Potence 20

Two Modes
Mode 1- Normal Damage

Mode 2- -75% damage, Inflicts Bleed. Normal modes pay 50% damage for status inflictions, this pays the other 25% to inflict a much more powerful bleed.
Post #: 28
12/11/2021 13:47:56   
Sapphire

ENCHANTER'S RECOIL

Spell- 653 MP, 1 Hit, +10 BTH Lean
Damage- 0 Base, 0 Random, and only gets 25% the normal Stats of a normal Spell. Get's stats from INT like normal.
Harm Damage

Effect- *If* the spell lands, the player gives itself Backlash Status for 4 Rounds. Backlash Damage is Equal to the missing damage from a normal spell listed above, divided by 4 * EleComp of 1.8 because the element will be the same element the monster hits you with.
Post #: 29
12/12/2021 8:08:52   
Sapphire

BRITTLE STATUS (opposite of Petrify)

This is essentially a reverse of Petrified, where the attack element is WIND, and sets EARTH to 1.5X Wind.

Petrified "hardens" you, Brittle "weakens" you. So, opposites.

You could also if you think it makes more sense, instead of Brittle, call it Decayed.

And then we need a few items with this status.

ECLIPSED STATUS (opposite of spirit rend)

Same deal, but darkness attack-> 1.5X darkness to LIGHT.

THERMALLY RADIATED (Opposite of freeze)

Same deal, but fire attack-->1.5X fire to ICE

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 12/13/2021 12:27:16 >
Post #: 30
12/12/2021 8:23:12   
Sapphire

DISEASE STATUS RECODED

Now it just affects HP healing, which IMO since so many monsters don't really heal, no wonder the status only has items that I can count on 1 hand. So it needs to change.

So why not allow it to either do 1 of two ideas.

Idea 1: Similar to Essence of Wind Dragon,all monster heals of any kind get reduced, and the difference (the reduction amount) gets siphoned onto the player.

Idea 2: Break the disease Umbrella into 3 kinds. Will not effect healing, just a DoT that's weaker than other DoT, because they'll siphon
A. Parasite- SP Siphon
B. Virus-HP Siphon
C. Hex Symbiote- MP Siphon
Post #: 31
12/12/2021 16:04:25   
Sapphire

Matrix Movie Items, since a new movie coming out.

NEO'S POWER- The power of your mind controls your reality

Spell; MP and SP Variants

Overcharged, but the power of this is split :
1. Increased Mp Cost to pay for Everything
2. Take the full Overcharged Damage.
a. 1/2 damage Converted to Guaranteed Control, so 100% rate and damage is half the spell's damage * 80% for auto hit. Control hits Element of weapon held
b. 1/2 damage in a 4 turn (1 turn is pointless as you place control, trying to get 3 turns) Dodgelash effect on the player, Element of Weapon Held, and a 2 turn -guaranteed block (1 turn is pointless, as they're controlled)

MORPHEUS' MORPH-Morpheus shows you how you can bend the rules of your perceptions

Spell- Standard Spell and SP cost; MP and SP Variants

1. Takes up a turn
2. 5 Turn Cool-Down
3. When casted, a Menu with all 6 stats comes up, and you choose 1 stat for a +150 increase. End gives HP, INT gives MP
4. Lasts 5 turns, and cannot stack. Attempts to recast says "You must wait" kind of like Invincible Star

TRINITY's TRINITY

Spell-MP and SP Variants
Cost-Overcharged. Overcharged Pays for the Choice--> So increased cost
Darkness Element

When casted, a menu pops up and you choose which one you want

1. Manipulate Reflexes- Blind and Choke, Mandate clone
2. Manipulate Enemy- 50% damage, Changes Monster Attack Element, scrambled..random.
3. Standard Spell, eats blind and choke for more damage.

RED CAPSULE (Is AQ too "kid friendly" to call it Red Pill?)

Misc

+10% damage for all attacks, spells, heals(includes HP, MP, SP) and includes burns, bleeds, poisons dodgelash, backlash, etc etc for all players on the field (pets/guests/monsters too)

Click the misc to switch 1 stat for another to manipulate your own reality. Can do this once per turn.

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 12/13/2021 12:35:47 >
Post #: 32
12/13/2021 12:42:37   
Sapphire

The Matrix, although a little bit outside the very broad spectrum of what I'd call the Dungeons and Dragons Genre, of which I'd include AQ in, since it kind of paved the way for thousands of games, is still a cult classic and one of the most popular trilogy's of all time.

And since AQ can be so flexible in how they fit themed items based on a variety of real life movies, people, and ideas, and considering they already used "Agent Smith" I *think* in the Devourer Saga (fuzzy memory), I think it would be cool if staff rolled out some Matrix-themed items since a new movie is due out in a couple of weeks or so.

I already threw down some ideas in my personal thread, and so I'll copy it here, but perhaps others would then throw down some Matrix themed ideas of their own here also.

a. 1/2 damage Converted to Guaranteed Control, so 100% rate and damage is half the spell's damage * 80% for auto hit. Control hits Element of weapon held
b. 1/2 damage in a 4 turn (1 turn is pointless as you place control, trying to get 3 turns) Dodgelash effect on the player, Element of Weapon Held, and a 2 turn -guaranteed block (1 turn is pointless, as they're controlled)

MORPHEUS' MORPH-Morpheus shows you how you can bend the rules of your perceptions

1. Takes up a turn
2. 5 Turn Cool-Down
3. When casted, a Menu with all 6 stats comes up, and you choose 1 stat for a +150 increase. End gives HP, INT gives MP
4. Lasts 5 turns, and cannot stack. Attempts to recast says "You must wait" kind of like Invincible Star

TRINITY's TRINITY

Spell-MP and SP Variants
Darkness Element

2. Manipulate Enemy- 50% damage, Changes Monster Attack Element, scrambled..random.

RED CAPSULE
(Is AQ too "kid friendly" to call it RED PILL?)

Misc

+10% damage for all attacks, spells, heals(includes HP, MP, SP) and includes burns, bleeds, poisons dodgelash, backlash, etc etc for all players on the field (pets/guests/monsters too)

Click the misc to switch 1 stat for another to manipulate your own reality. Can do this once per turn.

Hey. Merged this post into your existing thread so they're altogether. Don't worry I read all the suggestions posted. ~Anim

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 2/9/2022 0:38:25 >
Post #: 33
12/13/2021 18:54:07   
CH4OT1C!

These all seem to be really unrealistic and overpowered...

quote:

Guaranteed control (i.e. bypassing save roll) is unlikely to happen. If it does, it's going to be really expensive. I don't think control is coded to hit weapon element (though I could be wrong). A guaranteed block would be far too synergistic with a dodgelash-like effect. It would also be cost a huge amount (a guaranteed block for 1 turn is going to cost at least 140% melee).

quote:

1. Takes up a turn
2. 5 Turn Cool-Down

This is essentially a more powerful version of stat boosting spells e.g. arcane amplification, which already cost more than standard for 3 turns of a lesser stat boost.

quote:

TRINITY's TRINITY

Spell-MP and SP Variants
Darkness Element

A status eater for blind and choke, combined with a scrambler? You'd at least need a cap on the status consumption to make it remotely possible. I think it's also trying to do too much

quote:

RED CAPSULE (Is AQ too "kid friendly" to call it RED PILL?)

Misc

Are there limits to this? Can you only switch 1 at a time? Are there limits on what you can swap?
AQ  Post #: 34
12/14/2021 10:17:15   
Sapphire

First item- Trying to pay for effects through overcharged MP Cost *and* it dealing no damage. And reducing control damage by auto-hit amount. (80%). A spell is 200% melee and an overcharged spell is how much more? I feel as thought there should be some "cost" room leftover to try and implement somehow. Its just taking the spell damage and moving it to control and the dodgelash effect and the 1 round gauranteed block. This could be viewed as maybe partial auto-hit for the spell. Like if the spell was 3 hits, and 1 hit of the three is auto hit. You could reduce the damage on the dodgelash effect to accomodate for 1 round of gauranteed block. A guaranteed block for 1 round on a dodgelash effect is essentially autohit on a normal spell, just a turn later. I don't feel like this is overpowered.

Second item-The reason I feel like it's not overpowered and uncomparable to quick casts is with quick casts you can Purple rain loop and just stack turns, whereas this only allows you to do this once and then there's a cool down before attempting again. It also *costs a turn* to cast. That matters. For offensive stats this becomes 4 rounds, for defensive stats it's 5. I don't think while it's not perfect according to standards, it isn't nearly as overpowered as you make it out to be given 1. costs a turn 2. cool down and can only be casted 1 time every 5 rounds. In fact, the quick casts IMO are far more problematic than this idea.

Third Item- These are choices. Not all of the above in 1 spell. You cast the spell, and get to choose 1 of the three. You can cap the eater version all you want. The blind eater spell in the UR GGB shop caps. Maybe this one has a smaller cap than that, due to it being held within the same spell. I'm not against that. Because these are choices, much like tomes, but just within a spell, they're not doing too much at all.

Fourth item- I see no need for a limit. Just have similar SP costs as quadforce to make it a bit prohibitive over several rounds. This would allow for the avoidance of casting two spells, switching INT to STR, and switching youre type-switching weapon from magic to melee.. So have such a high SP cost that only after a few rounds your SP can no longer maintain, and you resort back to normal. TBH, this is more balanced than quadforce ever was. Quadforce you're adding a stat/stats, here you're just switching what you have. Probably the SP cost would need to be slightly lower than quadforce considering. (assuming you only added 1 stat in quadforce)

The entire idea of the items is manipulation of current reality, which is what The Matrix is all about. I wouldnt really want to see plain items with Matrix references for the sake of it, tbh. Ensure there are some thematic things held within. I guess if it makes one happier, just throw on a daze or a paralyze like 868976987698769876 other things and call it a day?

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 12/14/2021 10:33:36 >
Post #: 35
12/14/2021 19:05:57   
CH4OT1C!

quote:

First item- Trying to pay for effects through overcharged MP Cost *and* it dealing no damage. And reducing control damage by auto-hit amount. (80%). A spell is 200% melee and an overcharged spell is how much more? I feel as thought there should be some "cost" room leftover to try and implement somehow. Its just taking the spell damage and moving it to control and the dodgelash effect and the 1 round gauranteed block. This could be viewed as maybe partial auto-hit for the spell. Like if the spell was 3 hits, and 1 hit of the three is auto hit. You could reduce the damage on the dodgelash effect to accomodate for 1 round of gauranteed block. A guaranteed block for 1 round on a dodgelash effect is essentially autohit on a normal spell, just a turn later. I don't feel like this is overpowered.

In this case, it's the very concept of dodgelash combined with autododge that's overpowered. I don't think you're going to be able to reconcile those two things (at least, not without making the effect bad). With an overcharged MP cost, you're going to get ~240% melee. If you're going for a guaranteed control (i.e. no save roll, 100% chance of striking self, 1 round), that's a minimum of 160% melee. This is already more than half of the overcharged MP cost. This gives you ~80% melee to spend on autododge and dodgelash. The autododge for 1 turn alone will cost ~140% melee (280% combined. Before you ask, we don't have anti-synergy compensation and, even if we did, it wouldn't cover the deficit). At minimum, this spell is providing 300% melee (i.e. a blood spell) before we even get to costing dodgelash. I admire your optimism, but it simply can't be done.

quote:

Second item-The reason I feel like it's not overpowered and uncomparable to quick casts is with quick casts you can Purple rain loop and just stack turns, whereas this only allows you to do this once and then there's a cool down before attempting again. It also *costs a turn* to cast. That matters. For offensive stats this becomes 4 rounds, for defensive stats it's 5. I don't think while it's not perfect according to standards, it isn't nearly as overpowered as you make it out to be given 1. costs a turn 2. cool down and can only be casted 1 time every 5 rounds. In fact, the quick casts IMO are far more problematic than this idea.

Comparing an item to Purple Rain is setting the bar so low it may as well not even exist. Purple Rain is so overpowered that it's at the top of the list regarding things to fix. It will require a substantial direction change for it to have any chance of resembling its former self. So, with that in mind, let's go over what this would roughly cost.

Arcane amplification offers a boost of 102 INT for 3 rounds as a quickcast ability for 431sp (a.k.a 110% melee). This means each point is going to cost ~1.408SP. Assuming yours is 150 for 5 turns, that's going to cost a total of 1056SP or ~270% melee. I don't think I need to emphasise how crazy that number is. It's way too much.

quote:

Third Item- These are choices. Not all of the above in 1 spell. You cast the spell, and get to choose 1 of the three. You can cap the eater version all you want. The blind eater spell in the UR GGB shop caps. Maybe this one has a smaller cap than that, due to it being held within the same spell. I'm not against that. Because these are choices, much like tomes, but just within a spell, they're not doing too much at all.

That doesn't actually make it any better. You could, for example, cast the blind/choke infliction spell on turn 1, and then the eater spell on turn 2. It's still balancing the same effects within 1 item. If you couldn't change afterwards for the rest of the battle, then it might be different. It runs into similar issues as the first suggestion. There does exist an item which inflicts a status and eats it (Galin Scythe), but that applies to The Cold. It's a much rarer status and harder to stack. Blind and Choke are way, way more prolific. You'd also need a cap regardless (this needs to be retroactively added to older status eaters like terror).

quote:

Fourth item- I see no need for a limit. Just have similar SP costs as quadforce to make it a bit prohibitive over several rounds. This would allow for the avoidance of casting two spells, switching INT to STR, and switching youre type-switching weapon from magic to melee.. So have such a high SP cost that only after a few rounds your SP can no longer maintain, and you resort back to normal. TBH, this is more balanced than quadforce ever was. Quadforce you're adding a stat/stats, here you're just switching what you have. Probably the SP cost would need to be slightly lower than quadforce considering. (assuming you only added 1 stat in quadforce)

Quadforce is a very controversial item and, to some people, one that should have never existed in the first place. I really don't think it's a good idea to compare to it!

quote:

The entire idea of the items is manipulation of current reality, which is what The Matrix is all about. I wouldnt really want to see plain items with Matrix references for the sake of it, tbh. Ensure there are some thematic things held within. I guess if it makes one happier, just throw on a daze or a paralyze like 868976987698769876 other things and call it a day?

I'm totally up for items that manipulate reality, and I'm trying to help make your items as reasonable as possible so they're more likely to be accepted. To do that, one has to ensure that they don't also break the game. These items will absolutely do that. It's totally up to you whether you choose to listen to my concerns or not. Just know that, if these items do get accepted, don't be surprised if the effects are completely different to the ones you describe here.

< Message edited by CH4OT1C! -- 12/14/2021 19:06:14 >
AQ  Post #: 36
12/15/2021 12:02:50   
Sapphire

1. IMO, 1 turn of guaranteed dodge coupled with dodgelash on a spell that removes all damage to pay for the effect is akin, again, to auto-hit. It's like you made a spell that did 240% melee, and broke it up into multiple hits with 2 of the hits auto-hit, and the other 2-3 not. One auto-hit like effect gets a reduced damage (80%) for the control and the other for auto-dodge + dodgelash and it also gets an 80% reduced amount. If you take the average damage of an overcharged spell, and ensure the control damage + auto=dodgelash damage is contained within a normal overcharged spell's damage, and account for the 85% assumed hit rate on the rest of the dodgelash effect, and have it come out the *same* or close to the overall assumed overcharged spell damage...that's balance. Just assume 2 hits are auto-hit olut of the multi hit spell. Probably not that hard to balance, and I don't believe this to be overpowered whatsoever. It's *simply* moving the damage to other effects, and adding auto-hit which gets 80% reduced damage.

2.Please feel free to try and make a suggestion to fit the theme, and make it more balanced in your opinion

3. I already said a cap would be necessary, not because of the more access to those effects. I think that argument is bad. It should be capped because it's contained within the same spell. Mystic rainbow can get to 200% boost. This can just be a 20-30% and I think it would be fine. It doesn't have to be Terror set-like just because I mentioned an idea that eats effects and thus, inciting an "oh no's" reaction just because other items are overpowered that do similar things. BALANCE it. The rest is null and void until broken items get dealt with. I own the item you mentioned, and I regret buying it. The cold is crap. All infinite status with by-round attempts to squash are all bad.

4. Quadforce is fine. The SP cost is prohibitive to maintain and the dragonlord weapon change fixed that. Other SP items may need looked at, and that will continue to make quadforce look fine. I could care less if others think it's problematic. It's fine. And my idea is still more balanced than that, even, IMO.

I would invite you, or anyone, to take my or anyone's suggestions and if you feel they're overpowered, edit the idea while trying to keep the theme of it, and come up with what you feel is "more balanced" If you'd like the easy way out and say "it's just too overpowered to attempt", I "get" it. I'd rather see more effort into refinement rather than "OP'd, therefore, nope"

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 12/15/2021 12:05:20 >
Post #: 37
12/15/2021 14:06:56   
CH4OT1C!

quote:

1. IMO, 1 turn of guaranteed dodge coupled with dodgelash on a spell that removes all damage to pay for the effect is akin, again, to auto-hit. It's like you made a spell that did 240% melee, and broke it up into multiple hits with 2 of the hits auto-hit, and the other 2-3 not. One auto-hit like effect gets a reduced damage (80%) for the control and the other for auto-dodge + dodgelash and it also gets an 80% reduced amount. If you take the average damage of an overcharged spell, and ensure the control damage + auto=dodgelash damage is contained within a normal overcharged spell's damage, and account for the 85% assumed hit rate on the rest of the dodgelash effect, and have it come out the *same* or close to the overall assumed overcharged spell damage...that's balance. Just assume 2 hits are auto-hit olut of the multi hit spell. Probably not that hard to balance, and I don't believe this to be overpowered whatsoever. It's *simply* moving the damage to other effects, and adding auto-hit which gets 80% reduced damage.

Mechanically, autohit and autododge are entirely different and so comparing the two is pointless. Players have an assumed 85% hitrate and so, to compensate for autohit, they only need to account for the missing hitrate. The cost depends upon whether the player is assumed to have DEX or not (see items like Divine Kusagaini Sword. In comparison, autododge means you avoid the entirety of a monster attack, which represents 140% melee regardless of whether the monster hits or not. In short, there's a really big difference to cost. In addition, I was actually being generous with my last estimate, costing only for 1 turn of autododge when you requested 2. This would result in a minimum cost of 440% melee before we begin to cost for dodgelash.
It's good that you're attempting to balance your items (a reasonable item is way more likely to get accepted, after all). It's just that, in this case, your numbers don't stack up.

quote:

2.Please feel free to try and make a suggestion to fit the theme, and make it more balanced in your opinion

I'll consider doing this on my thread (with appropriate credit of course). I don't make direct counter suggestions on someone else's thread, only offering broad ideas. With that in mind, keep the cooldown, but reduce the duration and versatility of the available statboosts. Maybe even make it a once per battle major stat boost? Could be interesting.

quote:

3. I already said a cap would be necessary, not because of the more access to those effects. I think that argument is bad. It should be capped because it's contained within the same spell. Mystic rainbow can get to 200% boost. This can just be a 20-30% and I think it would be fine. It doesn't have to be Terror set-like just because I mentioned an idea that eats effects and thus, inciting an "oh no's" reaction just because other items are overpowered that do similar things. BALANCE it. The rest is null and void until broken items get dealt with. I own the item you mentioned, and I regret buying it. The cold is crap. All infinite status with by-round attempts to squash are all bad.

Sorry to hear you hate the cold as an effect - I've regularly seen people damage cap using that armour, so it clearly seems to be an issue with setup. Of course, you can structure it in a different setup, more akin to presence/absence than a direct consumption. In that case, there could be a much more reasonable solution.

quote:

4. Quadforce is fine. The SP cost is prohibitive to maintain and the dragonlord weapon change fixed that. Other SP items may need looked at, and that will continue to make quadforce look fine. I could care less if others think it's problematic. It's fine. And my idea is still more balanced than that, even, IMO.

I'd rather avoid getting into an argument around the balance of Quadforce since this isn't the subject of your suggestion, though I will point out there are multiple ways to sustain it. As far as your item specifically goes, I can almost guarantee you that switching without restriction is going to be a problem.

Sorry if I came across as if I were "taking the easy way out". There are ways to balance some of these effects, it's more that the result you'll get is unlikely to be the one you desire.

AQ  Post #: 38
12/15/2021 16:04:28   
Sapphire

It is effectively only 1 round of auto dodge because the first round has control, so there goes that. Irregardless of "omgzor it's x% melee", adjust cost to compensate. I attempted to "pay" for this *some* with an overcharged MP/SP cost. Not against a HP cost some, too, or however. HP cost seems to weigh a bit heavier than other costs. Even so, auto hit has a cost. Auto-dodge for 1 round has a cost. Dodgelash has a cost. Roll it all in, and I still think it's a manageable effect.

I have reached the damage cap too. Doesn't matter. You have to build it while employing methods that prevent monsters from removing the effect while you build it. Building it means 490 SP (for magic) multiple turns. You usually just kill the monster by the time you get where you need to be able to see the omgzor damage cap. Anything that takes too many turns to achieve an end result is automatic a no go for me.

As for switching without restriction, wouldn't a prohibitive SP upkeep be that like it is with quadforce? I know you can maintain the SP with quadforce with 1 stat, and one thing I do religiously is test the boundaries of things. This is simple with Infinita staff and damage enhancers, and that's not the only way, too. It's still fine because you are still having to use SP to do it, and SP regen comes at a cost as well...usually damage decrease built-in. It's all supposedly balanced, right? Quadforce is fine. SP regen is not.

While you may not normally refine other's suggestions, I welcome that you do here, and please cite where you get how much "% melee" you feel something costs to go along. I'm open to the refinement.

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 12/15/2021 16:05:35 >
Post #: 39
12/15/2021 17:07:27   
CH4OT1C!

quote:

It is effectively only 1 round of auto dodge because the first round has control, so there goes that. Irregardless of "omgzor it's x% melee", adjust cost to compensate. I attempted to "pay" for this *some* with an overcharged MP/SP cost. Not against a HP cost some, too, or however. HP cost seems to weigh a bit heavier than other costs. Even so, auto hit has a cost. Auto-dodge for 1 round has a cost. Dodgelash has a cost. Roll it all in, and I still think it's a manageable effect.

Firstly, no, anti-synergistic behaviour does not warrant a cost decrease. I'm not sure where you got the idea that you could circumvent the cost from. You can see this with the choke and blind effects from the Mandate LXXIV spell. To put 440% melee into context, you would be paying your turn plus 653/125*(440-75) = 1906.76 mp, before we account for dodgelash at all. It's not manageable. Even supposing the staff were kind enough to honour your unbalanced request, you would still be paying more than a blood spell. It can physically be balanced, but the numbers would be insane. The maximum you're going to get away with is around 300% for a spell, all inclusive. That would mean removing >140% melee's worth of boosts (so 1+ turn of autododge, control and then all of the dodgelash, or a combination).

I'm not going to comment on the damage cap - I'm here to discuss suggestions. I also won't comment on SP upkeep and the balance state of Quadforce anymore. Suffice to say that it's a not a good model item for comparison because it's controversial.

AQ  Post #: 40
12/17/2021 16:27:48   
Sapphire

How much melee % is officially removed for attempting control if you win the save it's 100% chance of attacking itself? For example, No Lemons, No Melon spell but instead of the It lasts for 1.2*[Wind res]*[hits connected]/3 rounds, rounded randomly this might just be 1 round no matter what.

There was a shield I think, and cannot remember it's name, that gave you a 1 time per battle chance for auto-dodge. What did that cost in melee? I also wouldn't be against limiting the auto-dodge portion to once per battle provided giving yourself 2 or 3 turns or something of a dodgelash effect.

So, to list..

What's melee % of

1. Overcharged Spell
2. Attempted Control w/ 100% attacking *if* you win the save (melee % reduced damage)
3. Melee % for that shield I mentioned

And then let's see what's left . Maybe this spell does a 50/50 chance to do either effect rather than both, if it's too much.

At the end of the day, I hate the argument that you're going to still charge for 2 rounds of auto-dodge when in practice if both effects get applied it would be 1 in reality. Common sense. Not changing my mind on that.

I get that this is effectively a 2 turn stun essentially, but I think 0 damage from the spell and reduced comparitively from control's hit and 1 round of dodgelash should still be a lower amount of damage compared to if it was a normal overcharged spell, where you gain the benefit of not being attacked for 1 round and doggelashing for another. Maybe it's all too much, but I am willing to flesh it out in an attempt to keep some of the theme.

If No Lemons, No Melon was still willing to do 64-127 plus 296% stats (*3 hits)for a control and not even on an overcharged damage/cost, it feels like there's still room for an additional effect if you kill off the rest of the damage and keep the overcharged cost. Either way I get it's control damage plus 1 additional round of gauranteed dodgelash damage would be less than if you simply casted a overcharged spell to pay for 2 rounds of defense. I'm not asking for equality there.

If there had to be some SP cost thrown in to balance it, then fine. Large resource costs should pay for things, of course. Love potion does I think 331 SP to attempt control? So as a baseline, you could do the 900-something MP + 331 SP on one version, and the other that's more SP cost heavy would have lower MP cost for non mages.

Just playing with what it would take, is all.

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 12/18/2021 12:18:49 >
Post #: 41
12/23/2021 0:59:23   
Sapphire

BLARNEY'S GIFT MC SET

Mastercraft Set, with FSB. Has additional spell and misc.

Intent-> Luck-based effects.

ARMOR: BLARNEY"S GIFT- Leprechaun looking figure for the art.
Wind Element defensively, earth as secondary. Average blocking.
+105 Initiative
1 hit, -5 bth lean. It's all or nothing.
Effect 1- Toggle turn on one of two options, costs HP for upkeep. Only 1 at a time. Option 1-> 1.5X Lucky strike Rate/half damage Option 2-> 1.5X Lucky strike damage/half rate.
Effect 2- This effects all spells, skills, weapon attacks, weapon specials, spells/skills from shields/miscs, and pets too.

SHIELD: POT O' GOLD
-25 to wind. Not -26, so +1 to pay for effects. Slightly higher than normal blocking.

Small HP cost per round to turn on each effect. Can turn one on, or both.

Effect 1- If the chance to hit chance lands a hit on you, there is a second roll that adds +10% chance (so, defender's value gets a +10) and if this second chance results in a block, the verbiage says "Lucky Block!" The armor's lucky strike toggle alter's the 10% to be 5% or 15%, according to the chosen toggle.
Effect 2- On a blocked attack from the lucky block only, inflicts Earth Ele Vuln on the monster similar to Shadow Raiment. But the armor's lucky strike toggle changes the amount of ele vuln. This amount (amount deemed a balanced number by someone else) assumes 10% as a standard. If the armor toggled on the 5% rate version (with more damage), the ele vuln doubles. If the armor had the 15% toggle on, the ele vuln is halved.

WEAPON: BLARNEY"S GOLD CANE
-5 BTH
Weapon randomly selects Wind or Earth element, and gets appropriate damage increase.
10% Proc Special-> Rainbow shoots out at the monster.
Similar to how the doomlight weapons do, and the Light of Zealotry weapons get damage bonuses for taking more damage in return, this is the exact same..except the 5% MC and all the damage increasers *all* go into the special.

FULL SET BONUS: Armor/weapon/shield equipped-> Weapon's special RATE is bumped to 15%.

PET: LUCKY CLOVER
Rhubzard Clone (ish), but Wind element. So does the same luck-steal effect on that mode. On normal mode, instead of a 5% damage MC, it's base/random stats are lowered by 75%, and that 75% is moved over to lucky strike damage. Same average damage, just gonna get low low regular damage but HIGH damage when it lucky strikes.

MISC: GOLD TICKET
Small SP Upkeep
Effect- Starts off at +20 Luck. After every round, it attempts a +10 luck steal. If you win the save, this is permanent for the rest of the battle. This stacks and caps at +100 (10 rounds) (So +120 with this equipped)

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 12/23/2021 1:02:11 >
Post #: 42
1/2/2022 1:47:52   
Sapphire

Little Clone Pet

Big Clone Pet

Revamps

Both will be standard pets, and element is the same as your weapon. This will mean reduced damage due to elemental cloning of your weapon. Little clone gets +10 bth, big clone gets -10 bth. Appropriate damage mods. That's the difference except size.

Both Pet's stat damage is half charisma, half mainstat where mainstat = your weapon wielded. In addition, if you wield a charisma weapon, 100% stats come from charisma.

No toggle, and gets further reduced damage for the following effects:

Many status that are normally applied to the player, will be applied to the pet.
Damage enhancers, bth enhancers, elemental empowerments, berserk, and any weapon w/o a special gives the pet the 1.09 buff, and any weapon effects also apply to the pet. It literally wields the same weapon. If your weapon regens MP or SP, then your pets attack now does the same.

Any miscs that attempt to inflict a status after a weapon attack such as burn, bleed, blind, paralyze, daze etc etc etc etc also get attempted by the pet...as if it is literally your clone.

In addition, if you are inflicted with any statuses from the monster, so is your pet. If you get paralyzed, so does your pet. If you get dazed/fear, so does your pet.

IDK if this means an engine update for this functionality, so if that's the case, this is part of the suggestion.
Post #: 43
1/2/2022 21:37:48   
Sapphire

Nightreign and Gracefang Dracopyre Subraces. Staff should create a new storyline and I believe they once had some bouts, and this should go down a path to create two unique lineages that have some things about vampires, werewolves, and Werepyre subrace of course, but some new dragon themed stuff. The idea here is two new hybrid subraces, but one will lean more warrior, and the other will lean more Mage.

Could care less which one of these is which. Both will get a few of the same stuff from Werepyre, both will get some different things, and both will get unique "dragon-based" things like I said. Which one is the Gracefang lineage or Nightreign lineage, is up to others.

These will either be COPIES that BOTH get, or both get these revised skills that use the Werepyre skill as a baseline, and tweaked for dragon thematics. Might throw in one dragon-only theme and have to scrap something to replace for it.

BOTH GET:

1. Hybrid Toggle
2. Level 1-Superior Claw (Same as Werepyre)
3. Level 4-Terror (Same as Werepyre)
4. Level 7-Dragon's Initiative-Replacing Unstoppable with Initiative 105
5. Level 9-Dragon Breath- Changed old Level 9 skill "Dual Fangs" to level 9 here, same as old level 9 skill but reduced damage to pay for burn weakness -10 applied to the monster for 5 rounds, and inflicts burn as well.
6. Level 5-Summons little Dragons as a guest ( Same stuff as Werepyre Guest, EXCEPT the defloss is replaced by a burn. Same ele vuln, same ele seek, etc. Other toggle is SP regen toggle for warrior leaning variant and MP regen toggle for mage leaning variant

Hybrid 1 DIFFERENCES (Either Gracefang or Nightreign)
Warrior Leaning

1. Level 3 Skill-Deadly Predator- Can choose between the 35/35 split, or all 70 on Strength. For hybrid mode, this makes no difference, but can affect status inflictions that use STR, or NOT of hybrid mode this is better.
2. Level 2 Skill- Dragon Rage- Passive HP Heal, but only based on burn damage to the monster. Uses Vampire subrace standards (their bleed heal), with adjustments for burn (since bleed and burn are different)
3. Level 6- Dragon Vigor- Hybrid heal spell. Hybrid stats or STR stats if not in hybrid mode. Eats Panic and Fear for boosted damage.
4. Level 8- Weredragon Fear-Toggle- Costs MP and SP (balance appropriate for the effect) to attempt FEAR every round. They get this from Werewolf blood. Only works with weapon attacks.
5 Level 10- Become the Dragon- Same as Werepyre, except inflicts burn every turn based on weapon element. Spells will not. Weapon attacks and skills get a +25% damage boost if Fear or Panic is inflicted on the Foe and skills (not counting the one your using to become the dragon) get a 25% reduced cost if the Foe has Fear or Panic.

Hybrid 2 DIFFERENCES (The other one)
Mage Leaning

1. Level 3 Skill-Deadly Predator- Can choose between 35/35 split, or 70 to INT. For hybrid mode, this makes no difference, but can affect status inflictions that use INT, or out of hybrid mode this is better.
2. Level 2 Skill-Dragon Rage-Passive MP Heal, but based on Burn damage. Uses a MP 1.5X heal like with other stuff, modified by burn..which is using vampire bleed HP heal as a guide(their bleed heal)...and adjusted for burn (compared to bleed)
3. Level 6- Dragon Vigor- Hybrid heal spell. Hybrid stats or INT stats if not in hybrid mode. Eats Panic and Fear for boosted damage.
4. Level 8-Weredragon Fear-Toggle- Costs MP and SP (balance appropriate for the effect) to attempt FEAR every round. They get this from Werewolf blood. Only works with spells.
5. Level 10- Become the Dragon- Lean becomes a Spellcaster Lean, with forced Hybrid stats. Spells inflict BURN of element of spell. (appropriate penalty) Spells get a +25% boost and Spells get a 25% cost reduction if Foe is inflicted with Fear or Panic.

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 1/2/2022 22:00:37 >
Post #: 44
1/2/2022 21:41:02   
Sapphire

Suggestion-> Rework all dragon Foes to become some of the most difficult in the game for regular monsters.

New suggestion-> All dragons get Dragon Initiative-> the same thing that Tempest armor has, but dragons now get this by default with the rework.
Post #: 45
1/3/2022 5:48:10   
CH4OT1C!

I wanted to point out that Dragons are already usually more powerful than standard monsters. As observed here and here, they are commonly power 1.25 monsters, whereas standard monsters are power 1.

I don't quite understand the reasoning behind giving all Dragons initiative. We also already have a status directly related to Dragons in Dragon Fear
AQ  Post #: 46
1/4/2022 11:54:09   
Sapphire

Because dragons havn't really been updated in a while and they are all a cakewalk now. It doesn't matter if they are already given power 1.25. Power creep has over-ridden that long ago. I am just asking for making them difficult again. Most of their stats are still on the 200/200/200 old standard even. Changing the stats needs to happen, but that won't be appreciably better.

If they had high luck and initiative to always go first, you're gonna start off behind the 8 ball most fights against them. I think this change would maybe give them a boost. And I think the overpowered blocking build (this needs fixed) would even be forced to start off being hit.

Even essence dragons with the exception of the wind dragon are 2-3 turns and dead.
Post #: 47
1/22/2022 8:36:49   
Sapphire

SAFIRIA'S CHARISMATIC VOICE

Spell

Darkness- Overcharged; Increased Spell Cost to 915 MP

Effect- Essentially the idea is a clone of Safiria's Kneeboard, in that replaces Luck with Charisma for lucky strikes, and BTH.

DOOMBRINGER GREMLINS

Summons Guest (MP Upkeep; Darkness Element)

Like Doomquake Minions, so choice of 1, or both. Same deal, double upkeep if both out.

Gremlin 1- Toggle, one being pure damage, the other paying half to Inflict Panic
Gremlin 2- Toggle, one being pure damage, the other paying half to Inflict Blind

THE COUNT

Summons Guest

Darkness Element

2 Modes- Each mode changes the Art
Mode 1- Pays half damage to inflict Bleed- Art is a single large bat
M0de 2-Pays half damage to drink the blood of the monster, removing it, for boosted damage.-> Art is a Vampire humanoid

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 1/22/2022 8:39:06 >
Post #: 48
1/25/2022 13:30:21   
Sapphire

New Suggestion.

Disable all quick cast spells, and skills from any item such as shields (like dragonlords) to only be allowed to cast/click once per turn.

This way, there is no more abuse of these items. The ability to cast self buffs that enable many more turns than intended is game breaking and adding massive HP barriers and etc is what allows for Purple Rain strategies to exist.

The fix isn't "fix purple rain" or "not allow lucky strikes" or anything else that compounds the issue, as the issue is what I'll call "forever clicks"

The same issue exists with essence orb/pixel ether. This is a quick cast.

These all need to be restrained to 1 cast/click per turn, and then the other issues resolve itself much better.

Post #: 49
1/29/2022 13:03:48   
Sapphire

New Suggestion

Blocking is overpowered, and dexterity being essentially all-inclusive for blocking is one reason why it is overpowered, considering it really is closer to a secondary stat. If you compare a dex based beastmaster versus a luck based beastmaster, training dexterity gives you more average DPT *and* better defense. A stat thats better offensively *and* defensively is not balanced. In addition, it's even more powerful than Endurance defensively until you face a monster with auto-hit, if you're able to stack blocking buffs. This is cake to be able to do. So the following suggestion will push dexterity to be less all-encompassing for blocking.

Also, of note, I am aware of the 3 year old balance proposals put forth by Kaelin and while there are some nice ideas contained within, overall I vehemently dislike it wholly, and therefore do not particularly care for pointing that out.

Instead of universal blocking, this is my suggestion.

Melee Blocking = Str/10 + Dex/40 + Luk/40. For melee a 250 str/dex/luk player retains the same blocking as before, but ONLY for melee.

Magic Blocking = Int/10 + Dex/40 + Luk/40. For magic a 250 Int/dex/luk player retains the same blocking as before , but ONLY for magic.

Ranged Blocking = Dex/8 + Luk/40. Same as current, but this formulae change is for Ranged only.

This means that *NO* player will be able to max total blocking to all stats. Even a hybrid who trains Dex loses out on what luck provides, to all 3.

This means no more universal blocking schemes that work for almost all monsters. This meta is overpowered, and is why so many employ the tactic.

This means essentially mages specialize in magic blocking and is weak versus melee attacks. Warriors specialize in melee blocking, and is weak versus magic attacks. And then ranged blocking depends on if they decide to use dex as a secondary.

I also believe a similar approach needs to be done for BTH, where dex's role is slightly smaller in BTH and the mainstat of Str and Int play a slightly larger role.

The combination of the two changes I feel bring dex down to a more logical level and no longer makes it viewed as a pseudo main-stat or must-have secondary. There should always be trade-offs for training decision and currently most players feel as there just isn't good enough reasons not to train it, ie...there isn't a trade off that doesn't justify it not being trained.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> RE: SapphireCatalyst2021's Suggestions
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition