Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Hyperalphean Skjoldr is nigh guaranteed initiative- ANSWERED

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Hyperalphean Skjoldr is nigh guaranteed initiative- ANSWERED
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/28/2021 18:01:32   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

So since recently converting my character into a low LUK build, the effects of being such a squishy build and not initially being able to defend myself has definitely been prevalent as I was warned about.. However, it has recently donned on my how to for the most part always get initiative.

Biggest downside is that the item is a Frostval gift box item, so if you don't have it, and no other item with the same effect exists (that I'm am aware of) you're pretty much out of luck.

The Hyperalphean Skjoldr (shield) is the answer. I originally didn't have any use for it because, while it did have a guarantee to dodge, it was only once per fight, and overall its defenses to compensate for that made the sheild not that great overall in comparison. HOWEVER, if you have the "ready inventory before a fight" activated, you are able to activate it's effect before combat, essentially guaranteeing nothing will hit you. Besides your opponent possibly getting some SP, it functions pretty much exactly like starting first anyway. I dont know if this is something that everybody else was already aware of, but I just thought of it.

The only problem with it is that it will only dodge/block the FIRST hit. While this is a minimal problem since most monsters only do one hit at a time, don't start out with their nukes, and if they do have multiple hits their first hit is usually the strongest.

My question is: Are there any other shields with this same ability or better?

< Message edited by Mr. Roguish -- 6/1/2021 17:51:05 >
Post #: 1
5/28/2021 20:14:20   
Silver Horn

I think Mr. Uber might know the answer.
Post #: 2
5/29/2021 19:22:18   
RobynJoanne

"if they do have multiple hits their first hit is usually the strongest"
That's not quite true. Most attacks have equally strong hits. It's very rare that something will have one hit be particularly stronger than these others.

I believe Defender of Frostval Past is generally considered superior to Hyperalphean Skjoldr since it provides a good MRM boost for the entire turn. If you're already running the dodge items that I believe you do, it should be sufficient to block everything on the first turn. Caveat is that it's another Frosval Giftbox item, and it is also only once per battle. In truth, not many shields have QC effects, which are necessary to be used in that pseudo turn that Ready Inventory before Battle gives you.
Post #: 3
5/30/2021 10:57:35   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

Ah Thanks, I totally forgot about that shield! Luckily for me, I have like 4 of them haha.

I guess it would technically be better overall, I just wish it had a little bit higher of an MRM boost considering you can only use it once per battle. Welp if its the best that exists, then its the best that exists.

UPDATE: So a problem that I've been experiencing is that:
1. It doesn't give enough MRM to actually be successful, I've been hit pretty much everytime
2. Still, most monster only do 1 hit, so the guaranteed block might actually be better.

I'm still testing of course

< Message edited by Mr. Roguish -- 5/30/2021 13:30:02 >
Post #: 4
5/30/2021 17:23:16   
RobynJoanne

Defender of Frostval Past is good because its MRM boost stays even if it's not equipped. You can use it with shields that have better MRM.

Guaranteed Blocking definitely has some great uses. I remember that I used to use it to farm Mr. Frostvalverse.
Post #: 5
5/31/2021 2:15:37   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

Lol I have been switching into shields with better MRM like the "Shield of Agony Blood" in addition to putting on the Ghost costume (armor).

I still got hit and was one shot lol.
Post #: 6
5/31/2021 3:44:35   
RobynJoanne

Oh no. I guess there just isn't enough MRM to fully dodge anything without further boosts and a dodging misc. The guest Female Shinobi and the pets Haunted Sword, Sin of Revontheus, and Legion Overfiend Blade could help since unlike Bun-Banneret, Paladin Apprentice, and Pig Drake, they work on the monster's turn.
Post #: 7
5/31/2021 10:01:22   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

Truuue. Only problem is, is that I'm gonna have to remember at the end of each battle to swap them out.

I'll give it a go and letcha know laddie

UPDATE: They don't seem to activate out of the ready inventory menu, I've tried both female shinobi as well as Sin of Revontheus

< Message edited by Mr. Roguish -- 5/31/2021 10:32:13 >
Post #: 8
5/31/2021 11:21:52   
RobynJoanne

Yeah. I've just tested myself, and it seems that they also need a turn to work. I guess that means Defender of Frostval Past probably isn't ideal for your situation. Sunscale Defender could probably help since it has QC blind, but it's rare and conflicts with the highly versatile Strawberry Shieldcake.

Thankfully, it does seem that most normal monsters only have 1-hit attacks.
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Hyperalphean Skjoldr is nigh guaranteed initiative- ANSWERED
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition