Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

AQ x DnD

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> AQ x DnD
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/3/2021 18:32:44   
Blackghost273

I'm not entirely sure where to post these questions but I'm pretty sure this is the right.

So, I'm building a homebrew-ish Dungeons and Dragons campaign setting for my friends and I using Adventure Quest as a base (with other AE games filling in some other areas). I actually have a lot of walls I'm running into but I'll just start with what I'm currently working... who is/are the leader(s) of Battleon? I thought the Guardians but who run them? Is there a council, do all the Guardians have a voice or does one Guardian rule them all? Or is Battleon a democracy where anyone and everyone has a say?

I want to ask more but believe I should just test the waters with this (just in case I posted in the wrong place).
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
7/5/2021 16:02:07   
lifetime dreamer

I could be wrong, but this type of discussion would more likely be posted in General Discussion which is the first subject heading in the Forums.
AQ  Post #: 2
7/5/2021 18:51:28   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

This is something I've answered on Discord, so I'm happy to elaborate further. Part of the information is put together from the game's history, other tidbits have been filled in more recently.

After the exodus from the Far West cut through the Expanse, the people that didn't stay in any of the kingdoms kept going East. This led to the foundation of Battleon, under the stewardship (But not rule) of the remnants of the Guardian Order, as well as multiple subsistence areas and smaller settlements. Other towns such as Krovesport and Lolosia evolved from prior landings of maritime trade.

This proliferation somewhat halted the eastward expansion of the kingdoms, since it was far enough from their borders that incorporating them would be a bad move. For starters, it would stink of attempted conquest, not simple expansion. So what would normally draw the attention of warring states would instead draw their ire. The entire concocted war would come crashing down on whoever was aggressive enough to gobble up Battleon, regardless of prior allegiances.

Consequently, Battleon is an unincorporated settlement set in a prime crossroads for trade, overseeing extensive farmlands. The details of its government have been largely left out of the main story, but craftspeople have been shown to hold enough influence to hint at a polis-like administration or degree of independence. A campaign could easily fill in a mayor or city council.

As of the Guardian Order itself, each tower has a leader functioning as the equivalent to a chapter master, as well as experts assigned to different specializations. They oversee deployment to smaller outposts that follow a hierarchy akin to infantry. These are the remnants of a structure that was almost wiped out during the Calamity in the Far West, cobbled back into a smaller organization over the past twenty years.

I hope your campaign goes great! It's really cool that you're putting together your own setting based on our content, so feel free to keep us posted on it. I wish you regular sessions with a smooth schedule and casters that know what to cast by the time it's their turn, which I have totally never been bad about.
Post #: 3
7/8/2021 4:00:10   
Zennistrad

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't AdventureQuest itself based off of Artix's old D&D campaigns? That'd be a funny instance of things going full circle here.
AQ  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> AQ x DnD
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition