Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

character advice 127 pure warrior{returning after years}

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> character advice 127 pure warrior{returning after years}
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/12/2021 17:07:01   
TankMode

been away about 10 years or so. Returning could go for advice on what to do at this point weapoons, armors, the whole 9 yards

Also my estate can sale for about 49,500 z tokens house is pretty bare so it doesnt matter to me.. any advice would be helpful

character page is below the avy thanks

also any advice on were to go to figure out what all i have missed/ or any areas i should check out thanks

< Message edited by TankMode -- 6/12/2021 17:10:14 >
AQ DF  Post #: 1
6/13/2021 0:08:27   
Primate Murder

Welcome back!

And ooh boy, there's been a lot of changes over the past ten years. Where to even start...

First of all, you need to decide on your build. Do you want to be a warrior or a mage, offensive or defensive, a pure build or a one that uses pets and guests?

Once you answer these questions, I can give you a full equipment rating, category by category.
AQ DF  Post #: 2
6/13/2021 9:18:41   
TankMode

quote:

Welcome back!

And ooh boy, there's been a lot of changes over the past ten years. Where to even start...

First of all, you need to decide on your build. Do you want to be a warrior or a mage, offensive or defensive, a pure build or a one that uses pets and guests?

Once you answer these questions, I can give you a full equipment rating, category by category.

Well ill stick to the pure build as im already built for that... Offensive leaning as my stats are already 200 in dex/str /luck ... and just use the basic pets

< Message edited by TankMode -- 6/13/2021 9:20:26 >
AQ DF  Post #: 3
6/13/2021 10:51:20   
Primate Murder

Ok, let's see...

First of all, the stat cap has been raised to 250. This means that most FO warriors aim to eventually reach 250 Str/Dex/Luck.

Secondly, a number of subraces have been revamped. As a 0-Int FO build, you'd benefit the most from becoming a Werewolf. Complete the advanced subrace quest to get a 9th slot Werewolf Transformation armor with a full 10 skills, including Str/Dex drives and a powerful Beast Form that deals 2x damage.

Finally, for advanced gameplay I would suggest familiarizing yourself with Commonly Used Strategies, particularly the Purple Rain loop. The modern meta generally favors stun-locking the monster and nuking them with powerful elecomped armor skills.

Now, without further ado:

Weapons

I would suggest setting your no-drop to fire, mostly because it lacks a good shield.

Bloodzerker weapons (from Rare GGBs) are some of the best weapons in the game, as they pay a small amount of hp for +20% damage. Terra and Voltaic Bloodzerker Swords would cover your earth and energy elements.

Kindred sword has been revamped. Now it consumes charges for autohit, giving you a nice weapon against mobs with high MRM.

Haunted Dragonlord's Might restores a notable amount of sp based on the number of hits dealt. Great synergy with Werewolf's 4-hit Beast Form.

Horo-Show compresses Harm, for monsters with low resistances.

Lumenomancer Bloodblade is effectively a light clone of the Bloodzerker swords.

Eclipsed Dragonlord's Might is a darkness clone of the Haunted one.

Armors

Your werewolf no-drop would cover your earth element. It's also worth noting that the subrace has elemental variants which cover the majority of the remaining elements in just 3 slots. You know, fyi.

Bloodzerker armors are probably the strongest options for warriors. Like the blades, they pay a small hp cost for +20% damage and have a toggle that locks their attacks to armor element with 2x damage, giving you cheap and powerful nukes. If you can spare UR GGBs, get Blazing, Quenching and Voltaic Bloodzerkers. If not, Torontosaurus Rex, WHEEL and Taladosian have powerful skills.

Haunted Dragonlord Armor has a powerful and accurate wind skill, as well as a Daze toggle.

Horo Show has an old standard skill, which means that it does not apply weapon effects (like bloodzerker's damage boost or DL Might's sp regen), but gains overpowered elecomp bonus to damage.

Angel of Souls has a weapon-based darkness skill that costs hp instead of sp.

Finally, we have Paladin. The first (and so far only) revamped tier 3 class with endgame variants and 20 skills. It has a number of useful toggles and passives, several powerful nukes, chargable ressurection and a powerful guest that boosts your light damage. Avenger variant is the best one for 0-Int builds.

Shields

Ultraguardian shield restores some sp on block, so it's generally more useful as a no-drop.

Spring Dryad Defender is intended for hybrids, but the 30 Str from its toggle still makes it the best water shield availableto warriors.

Fujin set shield has a Dex toggle, providing a small boost to your accuracy and blocking.

Pies has a Cha toggle, providing a small boost to your pet and guest effects - which shouldprovide a bonus to your damage.

Chieftain's Ironthorn is still the best earth shield for warriors, though it's been updated to have a Str toggle instead of its prior effect. Make sure to upgrade it to the proper level.

Mystic Father Time, the best energy shield, is currently in LTS. Make sure to pick it up.

Scarab Shell has a toggle to lower monster MRM.

Eclipsed Dragonlord's Will has a qc skill that grants a stacking Barrier effect - great synergy with Purple Rain.

Spells

First of all, you'd want to get a booster guest. Dunamis and Thernda boost the damage of your melee and ranged attacks respectively. Lightnaut, Necromoglin, Chilly and Ramssy provide a larger boost, but only to attacks of their own element (energy, darkness, ice, fire). And if you don't want to spend URs on any of that, we have Essence of Carnage, which provides both a damage boost to all melee/ranged attacks and a bit of Backlash.

Runic Binding gives you a Harm nuke.

Purple Rain is the centerpiece of the current meta. It acts as a saving point - cast it once to save your current hp/mp/sp, cast all your quickcast buffs/debuffs - then cast it again to regain all resources spent. Used properly, you can become a god at little to no real cost.

Edoc Imanok gives an MRM boost - useful against monsters with Freedom. Qc, so synergy with Purple Rain.

Arms of the Dragonguard (not qc) make your next attack an automatic Lucky Strike.

Imbues change the element of your attack (weapon or weapon-based or old standard skill) to a different one and come with nifty effects. For example, you can use Fire Dragon Talon to shift Horo Show nuke to fire with 50% damage bonus, or use Dragonslayer Aura to deal Void damage against dragons.

Pets

At 0 Cha, you only need 2 of these:

Angra Linnorm. F2p booster with Backlash.

Kindred Tranquility. So you Kindred sword has the charges to autohit every turn.

Miscs

First and foremost, before you do anything else, go and pick up Essence Orb. It's an op misc that allows qc conversion of hp into sp. Basically, you never run out of resources to cast your skills - especially broken in conjunction with Purple Rain.

Upgrade your Love Potion. It's another op misc, allowing you to stun the monster without paying a turn - and the effects stacks. Great synergy with Essence Orb and Purple Rain.

Shadowfeeder Pendant concludes the op trifecta. Its qc skill allows you to stack celerity, effectively acting twice for as many turns as you can afford.

There are so many damage-boosting miscs that I'm just going to list out the best ones and let you choose for yourself: Sword Master Emblem is the cheapest damage booster for sword attacks; Minotaur's Pride provides a stronger boost; Hollow Dragon Amulet gives Str, Dex, Cha and accuracy; Murderator Gauntlet (lvl 135+) gives Str, Cha and % chance to stun the monster.

Morningstar Helm makes you immune to Paralysis.

Bell Shell restores a bit of hp based on damage dealt.

Prime Chaos Orb (UR GGBs) has a qc skill that allows you to scramble monster resists, while boosting the damage it takes.

Hope the info's useful and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
AQ DF  Post #: 4
6/13/2021 17:43:00   
TankMode

are houses still worth it? my resale is about 50k not sure if i should sale it and start again.. cause i literally dont have anything really for the house
AQ DF  Post #: 5
6/13/2021 18:09:03   
PD

You should still keep your current estate at a minimum, because:

You can place a Museum Building on your existing Deren Estate for a free GGB every month. It appears on your character page you haven't bought one yet.

Extra inventory space that comes with the estate. Getting inventory slots through estate purchasing is by far cheaper than buying them individually. (And arguably, this is the prime reason to get estates.)

Potion refills. This is much faster than going through the Crossroads to get potions and gets you to the maximum immediately.

Painting Access. You can't access your paintings without a house/estate. And those paintings are good for accessing Seasonal/Void/Misc events.

As for the resale value, you could technically buyback your estate right now, but be warned that your house's resale value will not rise as much as it is currently accumulating at. This will be especially true if you buy during a discount period if you are planning to use it as a means of investment for free tokens. (Although if you still value the other benefits of estates besides its potential resale value, I'd still say you could get an estate/house during a discount/sale period).

< Message edited by PD -- 6/13/2021 18:26:01 >
Post #: 6
6/13/2021 18:53:26   
TankMode

@PD : Reason being my house is empty nothing in it at all.. got the land plowed 2.. its basically a empty standing z token collector..
im refuring to making a profit and buy some stuff for it painting, stuff to send armies to war etc...
AQ DF  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> character advice 127 pure warrior{returning after years}
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition