Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Blind

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Blind
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/20/2021 10:06:33   
Sapphire

Going through the info subs, and I have noticed the section for status effects when you scroll down probably hasn't been updated to show what items do that status in forever.

So I am curious what are some items , especially newer ones, that inflict blind.

I'm trying to see if a block playstyle can be managed *without* having dexterity trained at all...ie status effects combined maybe be far more powerful and useful than the stat, and thus you could have those 250 stats helping you someplace else.

Post #: 1
6/20/2021 10:58:56   
stratuscone

Im currently running a dodge build, and one of the most prominent items recommended to me by fellow forumites was ALCHEMICAL UNITY, a light spear/halberd found in last year's Blarney war which inflicts a blind proportionate to the damage you'd do to the monster.

Time is of the Essence--- except for us.

AQ DF  Post #: 2
6/20/2021 12:05:25   
J9408

It is possible to do a no DEX Block playstyle. But it does require more set up.

I forgot which quest it is from, but Absolute Darkness spell is a must have for this.

It inflicts a 9999 blind for the rest of the battle. It stacks with each successful save, and it stacks with other Blind equipment. I took down the recent Bun Bit void boss with this strategy.

My character is a LUK Beastmaster mage. No DEX.

Just be careful, once you exceed a certain amount of Blind for the opponent, it resets the Blind counter to the beginning number.

< Message edited by J9408 -- 6/20/2021 12:07:03 >
Post #: 3
6/20/2021 12:39:20   
Sapphire

Same build here. I have that spell also. I have eclipse shield as well. Roots of daw. Vampire subrace. I have been playing with it, and I do see it likes to change the duration to the last try.

Im looking for other ways to blind. I want to know my full options. What are some other options?
Post #: 4
6/20/2021 13:50:06   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

I'm your guy. I think I've played around with virtually every thing that everyone is referencing.

So you said a couple of things that kind of conflict and we have to establish a few things:
1. How much dodge do you ultimately want? Keep in mind the more you focus on dodging, usually the longer your fights will last. Typically you sacrifice in dealing damage (with some exceptions) or the longer it takes to set up which balances out with similarly not being able to deal a lot of damage and just maintaining statuses. I did an equation awhile ago (I dont have it anymore unfortunately) that basically calculated exactly how much I was comfortable with potentially being hit so that I could use everything else to maximize damage.
2. How do you want to utilize status effects? There's multiple ways that this can be achieved. You mention general status effects but you also specifically mention blind, but blind isn't the only thing that reduces enemy accuracy and reducing enemy accuracy directly isn't the only way to play a dodge build.
3. What will you're primary stats be? INT can be useful for spell casting buffs to yourself and nerfs to your opponent, CHA can allow pets with effects to be more effective. STR can allow stronger hits with SP regen weapons to allow the use of more status granting/inflicting SP skills.

Give me what you're looking for and I'll give my advice, what I went with, what I thought of it as far as pros and cons. Or I can just tell you what I do. Ill leave you with this that I posted in another thread:
quote:

When deciding how to best increase MRM, there are multiple ways that it can be accomplished. I can:
• Get a direct buff to MRM
• Decrease opponent BtH directly (blind/berserk)
Since DEX and LUK both contribute to defense and BtH:
• Increases DEX (usually by magnitudes of 8)
• Decrease opponent DEX (entangle/offbalance)
• Increase LUK (usually in magnitudes of 40)
• Decrease opponent LUK (unlucky)

What I have found, more often than not, nerfs to opponents are much more powerful than self buffs, however unlike opponent nerfs, self buffs are practically guaranteed. But self buffs usually cannot nearly be sustained for extended periods as easily as nerfs and nerfs really aren't that hard to inflict anyway.
Therefore my priority would lean to inflicting nerfs to my opponent than buffs to myself. Even though with the right amounts of each,, they can all equal each other; but since it takes 8 DEX or 40 LUK to just equal one nerf or buff, it is usually has much more reward to effort just effect the BtH directly.

With all that being said I personally found a way to get self MRM buffs that is nigh just as powerful and almost just as sustainable.
Additionally, when referring to different purposes/circumstances, if I was also low on accuracy, it might be more beneficial to buff my DEX. Or if I didn't need that much more MRM but I could also use a bit more accuracy and damage, it would be more useful to buff LUK. Et-cetra.

Although, despite all of what I mentioned above, for the specific purpose of dodging/blocking, it is actually more useful to buff my own MRM.

< Message edited by Mr. Roguish -- 6/20/2021 13:57:18 >
Post #: 5
6/20/2021 14:42:59   
Sapphire

I just want to know what items exist that blind, as I think not everything in the info subs lists are accurate.

Here's what I'm doing. I strongly believe that with many status effects, the effects are not worth using on their own unless you get high infliction rates, or are able to stack them in crazy ways.

For example, I wouldn't use petrify much, but Fu-Dog has VERY high successful attempts. I wouldn't use Mogdin guest, but it has VERY high success rates.

Other effects like Fear, Daze, blind, entangle, burn, poison, choke, blocking, etc etc etc are not worth using, unless you're able to stack it.

I do NOT with to stack say, blind with MRM boosts. I do NOT wish to stack Defloss with bth boosts.

I want to find ways that my misc, shield, weapon, guest, and pet (if possible) all do the exact same thing...to buff the holy heck out of the effect..or see how it works..thus making the items, and the effect worth using...and maybe even finding ome synergies to take advantage.

I have already done this test with bleed using vampire subrace. All items I had were created a bleed that stacked in 3-4 turns to the point the bleed can start to exceed 1k per turn, and in vampire armor also heal 25% of the bleed.

I just did a quick test with pig drake, tears of daw, zardwarts wand, and I can push choke down under 0.1% at times. It's just like mega stacking damage boosts, but different.

What I am asking for, in an attempt to TEST BLIND, is what is all out there that maybe *isn't* in the pedia, that inflicts blind. I dont care about the unlucky, mrm boosts, mrm loss, bth boosts, etc none of it. Just blind items.
Post #: 6
6/20/2021 15:22:06   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

Ah, well in that case the BEST blind is as follows:

Misc- Brilliance of DAW
Weapon- Alchemical Unity (as everyone has mentioned)
Shield- Chaser Bracer (rare)

With just these (celerity helps ALOT) you can get over -100 BtH easily and quickly but it gets less the higher you go up. Attempting the the absolute highest I can on the combat trainer, the highest was -165.3 BtH (due to death of combat trainer)

Now we get into the issue that was alluded to earlier. Certain blinds, when combined with others will reset the -BtH and/or add blind duration. Alchemical Unity negates the need for adding duration because is provides a nigh guaranteed 5 turns of blind (so long as you hit your opponent; which will be an issue if you don't have anything to compensate for zero DEX). However these items can be used to quickly get to the top of that threshold to which they can be switched out of to prevent to reset. Additionally, blind usually seems to work based on element the blind came from (there are exceptions), so since the blind came from light equipment vs darkness or water, it is best to attempt to buff from other light equipment.

As far as Armors: An appropriate armor that actually augments the previously mentioned gear would need a passive or toggle blind ability as a skill instead of an attack (activation) as this would not actually benefit from the weapon. The only armor that I could find would be the Umazen Emancipator. However this armor follows the issue mentioned above.

Pets have the same issue as mentioned above but a good would be the Gilded leprechaun.

Guests also have same issue as mentioned, but a good one would be the Zardworts Wand spell that summons a Deery

Absolute darkness spell will give you nigh permanent blind but is only stackable with other darkness blinding effects (most of which will turn the duration into potence and give over -10,000 BtH but for one turn). The only things that i found that stack well are the absolute darkness spell itself and the darkness orb shroud spell. However the cap before it resets and adds duration is approximately 85.6. So not as much as the light strategy mentioned above.

< Message edited by Mr. Roguish -- 6/20/2021 17:03:10 >
Post #: 7
6/21/2021 8:41:16   
Sapphire

Roots of daw pretty much negate the monster's DEX. For 0 dex builds, it evens the playing field...nearly every turn. The higher MRM mobs, no longer a problem. Just my opinion, but dex is the worst stat not counting End. With status effects, you can MORE than make up for it. I know blocking builds will see this and be like omg no way it does so much. I think they've been blinded. But matter of opinion so it's all good. And with some testing thus far, though Im still trying to test, I already am finding you dont need to train dex to be an effective blocker. Equipment far out-powers the need for it. And I feel spending stats elsewhere is better.

Looks like a few of those items arnt accessible right now. Blah!
Post #: 8
6/22/2021 1:29:49   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

It might "even the playing field", but it doesn't stack like what you were asking, though I suppose once you get about-85 BtH with blind, you could feasibly switch over fine. I find even with 205 DEX, the lack of just that 45 in DEX's accuracy can be pretty annoying. Having a lot of power is useless if you miss your opponent; however I find that the dead eye straight potion can compensate for the approximately 90 DEX and an additional 85 can be compensated through the use of the the Moonwalker's grace (for those with the talent to cast them). Luckily accuracy is more dependent on the main stat anyways.

Reliance on DEX and LUK for blocking depends on the type of way the blocking build is achieved. Alchemical Unity+Chaser Bracer+Brilliance of DAW doesn't ALWAYS work out so you're cosigning yourself to having poor resistances to other elements when one unlucky monster can ruin your whole quest/run; and you better have some means of swapping monster's elemental modifiers when going up against light monsters. Maxing DEX and LUK will cover you in those instances your status inflictions fail, and makes you dodge build just that more effective if they succeed. But you then start encroaching on unnecessary blocking and waste of potentially utilized power.. Though I agree that I've come to the same conclusion about finding much more effective ways of gaining the MRM I desire without and in compensation for the loss in DEX. As I mentioned earlier, nerfing the opponent seems to nigh always be more powerful than buffing oneself (usually).

I ended up going the beastmaster route using dual bun-bannerets with the MRM buff per point in CHA easily exceeded those in DEX and definitely in LUK. What definitely solidified the idea was that celerity actually benefitted the boost in MRM from CHA but not DEX and I found a nigh unstoppable way to max guest and pet celerity. I could have still kept my maxed DEX but I realized that not only do I get more accuracy per point by maxing my main stat (INT), but that I could also compensate for the loss of DEX with the Moonwalker's grace spell which is further augmented with the additional MP I got from increasing INT in the first place. I find this to be much more effective than simply using status inflicting gear (especially since those items are dependent on your enemy's elemental resistances, which will only be mostly useful 50% of the time) as I can effectively play in the UltraGuardian shield and no misc (while attacking) which super helps me regen SP which helps me maintain my guest and pet celerity and also over compensates the lack of lucky strike damage for having low LUK by being able to use skills and other miscs to boost DoT. The benefit of this is that I can STILL use all my status inflicting gear much more effectively than they would be by themselves and don't need a super stack for them to be high tier useful (a +42 MRM and -42 BtH is already approximately the 85 I need to nigh dodge everything), which is helpful in the conservation of time against weaker mobs.

That leaves the decision between more DEX or more LUK. Someone mentioned to me awhile ago how underrated consistent initiative in starting battle was. I can personally confirm this statement; it is especially necessary with a dodge build as you're typically fragile (hence the point of needing to dodge) and if you don't go first, you're typically not able to inflict the statuses you need to dodge. This can lead you to getting one shot. I used to be over compensating for the lack of accuracy by an additional Dead eye straight potion, I was easily able to compensate for the lack of LUK with 45LUK+Ambush potion+Whispering Raiment+Stalker's Paw (weapon); totalling 255-355 LUK-like initiative. Additionally most monster only attempt 1 hit, so the Hyperalphean Skjoldr shield also essentially negates being hit as it can be activated in the ready inventory menu, essentially granting the same result as if you had won the initiative roll. Lastly, DEX provides more in the way of accuracy and MRM than LUK, so ultimately I personally found it more useful to have higher DEX than LUK (for now). With the pending nerf of the Essence Orb, I will probably swap my DEX and LUK when I find no use for the essence orb and I can comfortably trade it for the Roots of DAW and "even the playing field" as you mentioned. I'll additionally won't need the Ambush potion and will about to go back to the Deadeye straight potion to compensate for to loss of accuracy (which wouldn't be a total loss in accuracy due to the points going in LUK which as is a factor for accruacy).

< Message edited by Mr. Roguish -- 6/22/2021 2:30:46 >
Post #: 9
6/22/2021 12:07:59   
Sapphire

Where are those two potions? Where can I find info about them?

Also, have you looked at eye of naab? With celerity, you can use a turn to click for +40 blocking *and* +15 bth.

Also, have you tried PCO spamming while blocking, get the power level crazy high, then nuking?
Post #: 10
6/22/2021 17:00:25   
Mr. Roguish
Banned

They are Lucretia's potions in Granemor, once you unlock them via her quests, the effects are self explanatory from their description on your face menu.

< Message edited by Mr. Roguish -- 6/22/2021 17:01:21 >
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Blind
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition