Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Classic: Become A Lich

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Classic: Become A Lich
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/8/2021 14:17:03   
Zennistrad

quote:

The release might be here, but it's neutered until more necromancer levels are released...making the release somewhat pointless.

I'd disagree with this notion. Any progress towards the complete class is worthwhile, and considering just how mechanically complex the Lich Form compared to anything we've seen in Paladin having an entire release just for itself is probably warranted no matter what.

I also think it's worth noting that this new Lich Form's fragility is in keeping with the spirit of the old Lich Form, if not the exact mechanics. Not only was the old Lich Form a notable downgrade from the raw power of the base Necromancer's Undead Giant and Undead Mutant, it required you to actually die, abandoning all quest progress in the process. There was no reason to ever actually use the old Lich Form if you could help it since using it robbed you of your time and didn't give you enough of a bonus to compensate. Admittedly the Freeze skill on the old lich was somewhat powerful, but it looks like the new Lich Form will also have that but with none of the drawbacks.

One thing I will definitely agree on though is that this skill makes the Revenant Armor from GGBs look even more embarrassing.
AQ  Post #: 26
8/8/2021 14:51:39   
Sapphire

Pointless was probably a bit much. I bet the skills within Lich form will make it come to life. And it looks like END builds, especially ones that can heal well from various sources might make this a beastly tank
Post #: 27
8/8/2021 17:00:02   
Zennistrad

quote:

And it looks like END builds, especially ones that can heal well from various sources might make this a beastly tank

On that note, it's kinda weird to think how well this class would fit with my beastwarrior, who I specifically built to role-play as a Paladin and whose stats (200 STR/END/CHA and 150 DEX) are tailored to make the most use out of all of the Champion Paladin Avenger's abilities.
AQ  Post #: 28
8/8/2021 17:20:49   
PD

Some thoughts on Lich:

1. Because all your stats going to be in INT/CHA/END, your regular attacks won't hit at all in lich form. Might be helpful to use an auto-hit weapon (burden of insight, kindred, thunder-lord, ectoplasm, ect) for that. Quadforce might be able to help with that somewhat but the SP on that is quite heft and you'll need to be able to sustain that which is not easy to do as most of the SP regenerating weapons don't have auto-hits to them. But there is still some design weakness in that monsters still will dodge a lot because of your likely lack of DEX.
2. It is somewhat difficult to access the form since you are required to die, cannot use the form outside of that battle, and requires that you keep regenerating MP at a pace far greater than that which can be sustained. Even assuming you are using a weapon like Dragonlord or Dreamweaver and essence of carnage, it feel like you are on a clock in how long you can remain in the form because their damage is too much to sustain itself.

I think though I will save judgement for when the rest of the skills turn out. I'm sure we'll see more potential once we see the other skills and this post will hopefully age badly.
Post #: 29
8/8/2021 18:10:56   
J9408

quote:

One thing I will definitely agree on though is that this skill makes the Revenant Armor from GGBs look even more embarrassing.

Speaking of Revenant, I wonder what will become of that armor?

< Message edited by J9408 -- 8/8/2021 18:20:56 >
Post #: 30
8/8/2021 18:34:02   
PD

The staff said a while back that they were looking to revamp it in a meaningful way. But it (like a lot of other needed re-vamps, including A CERTAIN ARACHKNIGHT REVAMP THAT WE WERE EXPLICITLY PROMISED) is on the backburner until the staff has the time to engage more heavily in revamped content.

And it is frustrating that all these necessary things (bug fixes, item revamps, etc) never get done because the staff could have so much more time to dedicate to these things if AE didn't have a general culture of making so much expirational/seasonal content. We haven't had a Devourer Saga update since Februrary of this year (Eigerbuld) and it was a very small release with a weapon THAT STILL DOES NOT WORK HALF A YEAR LATER.

< Message edited by PD -- 8/8/2021 18:41:48 >
Post #: 31
8/9/2021 4:08:56   
Primate Murder

I found the story release quite enjoyable, and the Chosen's version of counting the sheep made me smile. I do have to ask though: what was the plan if Scythe leader didn't have a handy truth-enforcing artifact to convince him of your story?

On a side note, was there ever an explanation of why all these factions are at each others' throats? So far, it seems they would be better served by working together - fighting off the New Paladin Order, trading secrets to multiply their power...

P.S. I find the Orcus Archive to be rather fascinating. Is there a chance we could get a rundown of the major players or a map of the location? Maybe some named necroes that we do not immediately take down or a place for the mantled to hang out and share drinks when they're not, you know, running blasphemous experiments and trying to violently murder each other?

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 8/9/2021 4:15:17 >
AQ DF  Post #: 32
8/9/2021 10:59:55   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

quote:

I do have to ask though: what was the plan if Scythe leader didn't have a handy truth-enforcing artifact to convince him of your story?

Incredible violence.

The plan was actually to use that as a shortcut to catch him red-handed and take him down for the abduction of Liminal Mantle agents. The interrogation proved to be a perfect opportunity to add some manipulation before the actual... 'punchline'.

As of why the factions are at each other's throats -- As of Dragonlorn Keep, the Scythe Mantle has gone several steps beyond merely making pacts with their otherwordly patrons. Trophon had been smuggling Liminal property to power a network of bandit enforcers, as seen in the Paladin quests and now confirmed by the interrogation scene. These moves weakened the collective enough to create tension -- If the Scythe Mantle succeeded, they would hold an unquestionable advantage over the others, eventually lording over them in a dying world. If they failed, and fail they most certainly did, they would become a burden.

Through their infiltration, Kaley and the Chosen have been aggravating tensions by exploiting the security system. An early success (In the level 5 quest) was convincing the Shadow Mantle that their own plots had been discovered, as well as that the Scythe Mantle's survivors weren't merely held in sanctuary, but planning to stage a coup. Now imagine what those whispers are turning into, with Silas and Trophon each undone in the act of attacking other Mantles...
Post #: 33
8/10/2021 1:40:55   
  Ianthe
 formerly In Media Res

Some fixes to Deathwalker are live:
- New: You can now manually Become Deathwalker.
- Fixed: your current MP is increased when entering Deathwalker
- Fixed: Default attack now regens MP.
AQ  Post #: 34
8/10/2021 6:34:15   
Biokirkby

Nice, I think those adjustments will help the Deathwalker! This could be very interesting indeed.
DF AQW  Post #: 35
8/11/2021 8:14:22   
Veral77

Also, the elemental defenses of the lich form will be improved eventually, right? Also, I see no good reason why you can't use potions.

< Message edited by Veral77 -- 8/11/2021 8:37:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
8/11/2021 15:10:03   
joac1144

@Veral77
Lich Form is currently a power level 95 armor, so naturally it will have better resistances and MRM when you increase your class rank and once we eventually get the elite/advanced variants (lvl 135 & 150).
AQ  Post #: 37
8/17/2021 21:12:06   
Neros the 13th

How are people completing the fight vs the three doom sheep in this quest? Once you kill the first one the whole battle just falls apart completely and stops working.

EDIT: Nevermind, the trick is to switch targets frequently so that each doom sheep has a chance to reach 50% health and transform into its monster mode, then defeat all three of them.

< Message edited by Neros the 13th -- 8/17/2021 21:21:09 >
Post #: 38
8/17/2021 21:38:26   
Veleqwii_Fox

Yeah I encountered that bug as well. Had to redo the quest 3 times
Post #: 39
8/21/2021 16:25:51   
Kaizoku

What was the face used in the Twitter preview? It looked much more appropriate than the usual fleshy human faces we have!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 40
8/21/2021 19:48:56   
Cupquake

@Kaizoku

That was just made solely for the preview and is not available in-game, unfortunately.
Post #: 41
8/23/2021 7:37:29   
Kaizoku

^
Well I would totally fork out the tokens or boxes or package needed for it! C'mon, staff!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
8/23/2021 9:10:24   
joac1144

I agree. Would be nice if we could buy the face.
AQ  Post #: 43
8/23/2021 20:46:19   
PsyBlade

Death Walker makes the Candy Hearts line of spells useful. At least for those of us that make use of Destruction Burst, Creation Burst and Artic Tornado. Because those three directly take away from your now very limited HP, there is a limit to how many times you can cast those spells.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Classic: Become A Lich
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition