So got the Earth-Based Doomlight package and , just to go over for those that don't know,
~Adds +25% from all backlash effects
~Turn on backlash from the armor itself
Can be used with essence of carnage, dread fiend of nulgath, and angra Linnorm pets, and the dragonsblood charm (only works vs dragons)
The combined effect is crazy.
Backlash requires END for successful save, and you'd want END for more HP. You dont want to block, dont want damage reducers, etc. In fact, the doomlight weapons increase damage done to yourself...and thus higher backlash.
These are the basics.
Maybe some of you play backlash style. Maybe some are interested in trying.
What I want to know, and discuss, is
What items come in handy? What strategies come in handy?
I know this is kind of in it's infancy of sorts, and you wouldnt be able to even come close to a full set of gear to play this way.
So other than END, what's the best build? Is charisma necessary? Is it better to be a warrior or a mage with backlash?
And based on that answer, what other supplementary items plays nicely with said build?
As for some things bouncing around in my head as I test:
1. If I were to get dragonsblood charm, I could dracomorgrify everything and gain an additional 500 backlash damage versus everything
2. 250 End = MORE SP, because of essence orb. SO, a high end build is kind of a SKILLMASTER of sort, using skills much more often than others.
3. Lack of secondary BTH help from dex/luk, is this offset by using auto-hit? Ectoplasm, Thunder weapons, etc
What's some other auto hit weapons..since you'll have the SP...
4. Would A warrior variant be better... SP regen from dragonlord weapons also, SP cost for essence of carnage, can use SP version of dread fiend, also melee buffs from essence of carnage and angra linnorm ...just would be hard to dracomorgrify.
5. Unless you quadforced INT, celerity, land twice, now you fight a "dragon" everytime.
6. Usage of berserk items (like grakma misc) with auto hit... These also increase monster damage, thus increasing backlash
7. Goggernaut Helm- Since you lack bth, this gives it to you. Since you want to be hit, it makes them hit you more often, too. Win-win.
What heal spells would be great here?
What have you tried, or what are your thoughts? Too risky of a playstyle?
< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 8/8/2021 13:57:46 >