Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Classic: Necromancer Class Skills 11-15

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Classic: Necromancer Class Skills 11-15
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/16/2021 9:45:07   
CHAIML

View email in browser

Summer Z-Token Package Bonus
Receive up to 30% more bonus Z-Tokens!

Necromancer Class Skills 11-15
COMING THIS WEEK!
Having mastered the power of the Deathwalker, your knowledge and power as a Necromancer are now far in excess of anything you had accomplished before -- but the growing crisis in Orcus Archive will challenge even that! Now that you've turned Scythe and Shadow against each other, and uncovered their ambitions to overthrow the Archive... It's time to prepare the final blow against both. You will need allies. Real allies.

PLAY NOW

August 2021 Golden Giftboxes
Thursday the 12th
The second unluckiest day of the year returns! Unwrap your own Mason Form, Deatharrows Cat, Krieger Klaws, and the sinister color-custom Mason Returns Mask. In Wind as well as the original variants!

Summer Season of Gifting Contest
Ends September 5th 11:59PM EST
Tibbles the Merry Elf has returned to spread cheer with a new Summer Season of Gifting Contest! This year Tibbles has a Frostwyrm Rider Set for generous players to win. With 8 amazing prizes this is one set sure to make everyone's Summer brighter!

Every Z-Token donated is randomly gifted to another player, so now is a great time to be enjoying AQ - as you could receive gifts up to 5K Z-Tokens just for playing! You will find Tibbles randomly throughout the game or by visiting him directly from the Event Page.

Moglimus Decimus Light Booster Pet
20K Z-Token Package Bonus
This small but powerful champion of the Light Realm will boost the damage of all your Light attacks!

BUY NOW

2021 Calendar In-Game Rewards
Unlock Draconic Chronomancer in-game bonus rewards in:
AdventureQuest 3D
AdventureQuest Worlds
DragonFable
EpicDuel
The original AdventureQuest

ORDER NOW
Get the Collector's Edition of the 2021 Artix Calendar Poster and unlock the 12 x 18 bonus Draconic Chronomancer collector's print + an exclusive in-game pet.

Digi-tagged! -Digital X

< Message edited by Digital X -- 8/16/2021 10:55:25 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 1
8/16/2021 11:33:10   
joac1144

Is there a reason why you always include the very irrelevant and repetitive parts of the newsletters? The only interesting part of this week's newsletter is:
quote:

Necromancer Class Skills 11-15
COMING THIS WEEK!
Having mastered the power of the Deathwalker, your knowledge and power as a Necromancer are now far in excess of anything you had accomplished before -- but the growing crisis in Orcus Archive will challenge even that! Now that you've turned Scythe and Shadow against each other, and uncovered their ambitions to overthrow the Archive... It's time to prepare the final blow against both. You will need allies. Real allies.

On a more related note, it's good to see that we're already getting more skills for Necromancer.
AQ  Post #: 2
8/16/2021 12:18:11   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

It's included to keep people informed as to what is happening in the game.

The Golden Giftboxes are relevant as they refer to the month of the Giftbox's releases and items within.

The 20K Z Token Package Bonus is still live which contains the Moglimus Decimus Light Booster Pet still as seen here: https://www.battleon.com/Coins

The Summer Season of Gifting Contest is ongoing until the 5th September also.

I can understand how they get repetitive but if someone is returning from a break for example or has missed last week's Newsletter it's a good way of keeping everyone informed, and the Newsletter would be more of a News paragraph if it only included one segment like the Necromancer Skills.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
8/17/2021 2:56:16   
Sapphire

I really hope the use of charisma starts to contribute more than the fact you can call/summon some guests and a few of their togglable effects. Maybe it will kind of be a "Sol Neko" for undead control and make it be a must-have to optimize the class.

It kind of feels like it wants to go in some sort of direction like that, but hasn't really as of yet. It feels a bit more broad and not as focused.
Guests obviously you need charisma
A few things inflicted with charisma, but some others with INT..
Some guests SP, some MP.
End is nice to have for deathwalker
Most of the skills cost SP, and a few already cost "extra" SP. Seems counter to a "mage" build with far more SP usage than MP usage, until you get into deathwalker which is more about END stat and MP heal.

Perhaps the build it's optimized in is 250 INT/CHar/END, but we will see. Still too much SP usage for this build maybe. Essence orb usage just went way up!

But it's still only half done, and will hold judgement until it's finished..so as a result I am excited to see the finished result.
Post #: 4
8/17/2021 5:11:47   
.*. .*. .*.
Pfft hahaha!

I am looking forward until all skills are released and then I will reset my necromancer skills, and go through the entire quest.
I did the exact same thing for the revamped paladin and I was pleasantly surprised at how great it turned out!
Post #: 5
8/17/2021 16:32:29   
Ashmander

Is there something wrong with the daze boon? I went through 20-25 rounds for the necromancer class trying to trigger it against a boss
Post #: 6
8/19/2021 11:22:46   
Zennistrad

^If you're at max level then it's extremely unlikely you'll be able to inflict any of the Necromancer's status effects against anyone at your level, since status infliction rates scale with the armor level. Once the max-level advanced armors are released you should have a much higher chance
AQ  Post #: 7
8/19/2021 15:00:03   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Alright Necromancers, the newest skills for your class are live!
AQ  Post #: 8
8/19/2021 15:17:30   
Zennistrad

I can't seem to level the class armor beyond 10 for some reason. I've completed the quests through Level 13 but the new abilities don't seem to be showing up
AQ  Post #: 9
8/19/2021 15:23:45   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

Yikes. Currently testing this issue while passing it along to the team, please hang tight.

Edit: Skills should be working now! You may need to clear your cache.

< Message edited by Cray -- 8/19/2021 16:20:07 >
Post #: 10
8/19/2021 16:37:36   
PD

spoiler:

Zombie Hands is back, now as Grasp Essence.

There's some nice basic combos you can do with Grasp Essence:

1. Looming/Searing/Primal Fear -> Consume Fear
2. Death Dog Bleed / Grevious Weave -> Unravel Blood.

Of course the more stacks of infliction you do the more damage the Zombies Hands will do.

Deathless Dracolich is plenty strong, and does even better damage with inflictions. Can seek between fire/dark and gives them a pretty strong burn status that stacks with itself.

Anima Atunement is our lean adjuster for this class. Curiously there's a Spellcaster lean that we cannot have for now but I remember that this was not a well-received form with Brihaldo forms so we'll have to see how that works this time around or if there will be any adjustments to make it worth using.

Mana Amplification. Not much I can say here. Pay SP for more powerful spells.

Haunting seems like its own menu of generic dark spells with Standard/Efficient/Overcharged flavors.

All in all these are some pretty nice skills. I don't really play with tons of effects but I'm sure the right players with the right equips and knowledge will best know how to utilize some of the interactions that are possible within and outside of necromancer. From Grasp Essence alone there's a ton of possible combos you can do that's already akin to a Fear/Bleed eater.
Post #: 11
8/19/2021 17:18:25   
Zennistrad

spoiler:

It also looks like Deathwalker has been updated so that you can assume Deathwalker form at will once you have enough charges, without needing to die first.

It seems that there's a minor syntax bug in the text for this, though. The SP and Charge values in the "info" popup are listed as $SP and $CHARGES, respectively.
AQ  Post #: 12
8/19/2021 19:21:16   
Sapphire

Starting to see some potential. If the spellcaster lean is better than the implementation of others, it will really start to look nice.

Since it seems the class is optimal with END, if somewhere in the skills 16-20 if they added a backlash toggle....this is going to be EPIC.
Post #: 13
8/20/2021 2:06:32   
Primate Murder

And so we finally get some necromancer allies!

Granted, they're effectively nameless redshirts, but still...

It was very nice to get some lore behind at least one of our Deathless summons (and wow, we actually got an example of how evil necromancy could be beyond the cliched undead armies, which is pretty rare).

I also really liked some of the skill descriptions. Using the blood of your foes as a mana conduit and terrifying them to use unstable anima are both very specific and interesting applications. And Haunting empowers undead souls that already have a grudge against your target, which is a cool counterpart to Paladin magic.

Overall, a great release and I'm looking forward to the questline's finale!
AQ DF  Post #: 14
8/20/2021 16:06:54   
Sapphire

Playing around with Necromancer more today.

Those who own a few Terror set items and a few bleed inflicting items, this armor is going to be extremely powerful.

Again, having a Luck-based beast mage is going to work VERY nice.

Bleed stacking can already become ridiculously powerful over 2-3 turns, and using the consume bleed skill for free to heal MP is nice. Taking advantage of gauranteed lucky strikes will make this *POWERFUL*

The same for consuming Fear and using it to heal your HP.

Now, the Lvl 17 Lean using some of the overcharged spells and using bleed and fear methods....this I can already tell will be a VERY good armor. I'm FAR more excited for the final product now.

The guests are nothing crazy special but I always love toggles for effects, so it's still a win. I prefer MP costing. And deathwalker form it looks like is like it gives you a second chance, and you'll have built-in NUkes to escape the battle. Undead assault is crazy powerful. You'll need to save SP in case you die. But we will see how the other two skills look.
Post #: 15
8/22/2021 20:44:36   
PD

Not related to any release in particular, but it seems that over the weekend there was a stealthy update to Mog Lightnaut in that its old text of "Going Away after July" is now gone, and still remains in the shop as of this post. I'm guessing this means that Mog is here to stay permanently.
Post #: 16
8/30/2021 18:16:42   
Ashmander

is john goodman still alive? if so i dont know why then
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Classic: Necromancer Class Skills 11-15
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition