Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Classic: The War Between Shadows IV

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Classic: The War Between Shadows IV
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/23/2021 12:14:23   
CHAIML

Summer Z-Token Package Bonus
Receive up to 30% more bonus Z-Tokens!

The War Between Shadows Part IV - Land of Returning Evil
COMING THIS WEEK!
While everyone pulls away from the trapped dracolich's surroundings to recover from a taxing war, your allies report enemy movement toward it! As the Dragonlords must remain behind to defend the wounded, it falls on you to cut them off... And figure out how to go from peace to player in this war between shadows!

PLAY NOW

August 2021 Golden Giftboxes
Thursday the 12th
The second unluckiest day of the year returns! Unwrap your own Mason Form, Deatharrows Cat, Krieger Klaws, and the sinister color-custom Mason Returns Mask. In Wind as well as the original variants!

Summer Season of Gifting Contest
Ends September 5th 11:59PM EST
Tibbles the Merry Elf has returned to spread cheer with a new Summer Season of Gifting Contest! This year Tibbles has a Frostwyrm Rider Set for generous players to win. With 8 amazing prizes this is one set sure to make everyone's Summer brighter!

Every Z-Token donated is randomly gifted to another player, so now is a great time to be enjoying AQ - as you could receive gifts up to 5K Z-Tokens just for playing! You will find Tibbles randomly throughout the game or by visiting him directly from the Event Page.

Blueberry Shieldcake
7500 Z-Token Package Bonus
A shield made of a layer of whipped cream, shortcake, and delicious fresh blueberries. It grows in size and power each turn, and you can cash in this power for a variety of buffs that leave your opponent with a case of sour grapes.

BUY NOW

2021 Calendar In-Game Rewards
Unlock Draconic Chronomancer in-game bonus rewards in:
AdventureQuest 3D
AdventureQuest Worlds
DragonFable
EpicDuel
The original AdventureQuest

ORDER NOW
Get the Collector's Edition of the 2021 Artix Calendar Poster and unlock the 12 x 18 bonus Draconic Chronomancer collector's print + an exclusive in-game pet.

Digi-tagged! -Digital X

< Message edited by Digital X -- 8/23/2021 16:27:50 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 1
8/23/2021 12:31:35   
  Lorekeeper
And Pun-isher

"From peace to player"

Good grief, AQ's current writer really needs to learn to spell.

Wait. Aw sackelberries.
Post #: 2
8/23/2021 12:34:28   
Xander_Raze

^ Ooh, self-burn. Those are rare ^

< Message edited by Xander_Raze -- 8/23/2021 12:40:01 >
Post #: 3
8/23/2021 12:37:27   
Macho Man

Another update for War Between Shadows, can't wait! And another shieldcake variant, looks like water? Wonder how the charges will interact with other shields.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
8/23/2021 15:38:44   
PD

Interesting choice for blueberries as water. I would have thought Cranberries were better because they are literally grown in the water. See: ocean spray’s cranberry farm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_4h-W6cHWj8&feature=youtu.be

Also I hope we’ll get more progress on this saga. This year has been especially bad for permanent content.
Post #: 5
8/23/2021 16:51:45   
RobynJoanne

Speaking of permanent content, do we have a confirmation that Olympax will stay or leave?
Post #: 6
8/23/2021 18:56:37   
PD

While we wait for the release, a few fun cake ideas for future Shieldcakes:

Fire: Cinnamon Roll Shieldcake
Wind: Angel Shieldcake
Ice: Neapolitan Ice Cream Shieldcake
Earth: Rocky Road Shieldcake
Energy: Lemon Curd Shieldcake
Darkness: Triple Dark Chocolate Shieldcake
Post #: 7
8/23/2021 20:53:48   
OG Ranger

I'm hoping it's not an exact clone of strawberry with different buffs. E.g boost DEX instead of CHA. Having an exact clone serves no purpose because you can swap between shields.

@Below

I think you mean the second most frequent user. Though I suspect you'll get your wish.

< Message edited by OG Ranger -- 8/25/2021 9:31:37 >
AQ  Post #: 8
8/23/2021 23:21:02   
Primate Murder

quote:

Good grief, AQ's current writer really needs to learn to spell.

I thought that was a deliberate pun. ;)

Though, admittedly, peace is currently in short supply...
AQ DF  Post #: 9
8/25/2021 6:02:47   
Sapphire

Excited for the blueberry shieldcake.

IDK why it has me thinking about the BOOberry cereal all the stores put out for Halloween. Maybe this year they can make items for Mogloween with a play on this. Booberry Pie misc, or Frankenberry Armor etc

But back to the shield, will this be a clone of strawberry or will it have some different effects? It might be nice to have a luck boost or dex boost or end boost this time,no?
Maybe this shield could have:
Luck Boost Option
Gandolphin-like MP shield option
Blocking Option
Imbue Option
Crit Option
Ele Vuln Option
Bake Option

Actually, if it's water it will likely be about MP, INT, and for mages mostly as they tend to go that route with water stuff.

So, if it's not a clone, I suspect..
Int boost
MP heal
Gandolphin clone (ish), could be just water damage decreaser
Might see spell imbue
Might see overcharged spell option or just a flat spell damage increase

etc

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 8/26/2021 14:32:56 >
Post #: 10
8/26/2021 15:04:26   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Part IV of The War Between Shadows is live! Hope you saved room for dessert because we have also released the Blueberry Shieldcake Z-Token Package bonus!
AQ  Post #: 11
8/26/2021 18:45:22   
GwenMay

Can we change the blueberry/strawberry shieldcakes back so they can bake against under levelled monsters? All this really accomplishes is making it take slightly more time to charge upfront; its still easy enough to battle a random monster and charge up while stunlocking, and since charges still carry over it doesn't really affect the items utility in challenges and such.

This is really just a quality of life change for the worse, not a balance change.

EDIT: After thinking some more, this is like the reverse of the Exalted Unity change. Originally, when you skipped your turn to charge in Exalted Unity, you gained 80 charges if Exalted Unity was in melee mode and 60 charges if it was in magic mode. Now, of course this is correct from a balance perspective; magic weapons only do 3/4 of what melee weapons can do. But obviously mages just switched to melee mode to charge then back to magic mode, with no effect on gameplay, and eventually Exalted Unity was changed so you gained 80 charges in melee or magic mode. This shieldcake change is like the reverse of the Exalted Unity change, sacrificing quality of life for the sake of being "technically balanced."

< Message edited by GwenMay -- 8/26/2021 18:58:54 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
8/26/2021 18:49:09   
PD

Some more plotlines galore:

spoiler:

Cray you really missed a chance to call the Shadow Mantle Rebel's minions something of one name, like James and Dean (because this guy is a Rebel, although with a cause)

Anyways, it seems the Necromancers are still as fractuous as ever, with each group disposing and allying with each other as the wind blows for factional supremacy, and the necromancers being out for Erebus as key to their factionalism.

With all the references to the Shadowscythe, I'm guessing we'll get more explanation on who they really are. Will there be some mechquest references in there too? Maybe there's a Valoth in AQ-verse?

And oh boy, the other Shadow Guy has reawakened the dragon.

As for the guest, it looks like it's a MP (Summon) and an SP (Call) guest spell that can deal harm and energy. Uses an increased cost to deal more damage. Should be good for beastmasters who have a need for the energy or harm slots.

The guest subtly reminds me of a certain Dragonoid from Mechquest, which is why I have some speculation that we'll get some Mechquest references sprinkled in here and there and with all the recent equipment and storyline being high-tech in nature.

< Message edited by PD -- 8/26/2021 18:59:22 >
Post #: 13
8/26/2021 20:13:01   
Sapphire

The shield is clone of strawberry. Imbue is water, and there's a water damage reduction. Others is exact same. Works for me.

Post #: 14
8/26/2021 21:26:38   
Macho Man

Yeah i'm also a little bit sad about the bake nerf, seems like it is just a quality of life nerf rather than a balancing one. But for the amount of compression the shield gives I think it's okay if we kept it. One thing for those who have both shields, do they both share charges or do they have their own? Also could you stack effects or does the "once per turn" rule affect both shields? Ie I can't use a "X" boost on strawberry because I already used the equivalent on blueberry.

I'm gonna play through the new release later this weekend, should be a good one!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
8/26/2021 22:05:31   
Macho Man

^Thank you very much for the info! Seems like a fine addition to my collection.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
8/26/2021 22:36:06   
Black_Crystal

Such a bummer to hear that bake have been updated to only be usable for monsters within level range, increasing the amount of time needed to "Charge" your character up before doing anything challenging in the game

I'm sure its not just me but I would love to see the changes to be revert back
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
8/27/2021 1:41:31   
Primate Murder

Wow, that was a lot of plot threads intertwining, but one thing in particular stands out to me:
spoiler:

Mysterious Stranger merging with a giant dracolich?! I'm sensing DF influences...

So, how soon can we expect Lore's sun to be swallowed?
AQ DF  Post #: 18
8/27/2021 5:07:13   
Ryu Draco

If it does, we may have an issue. The original solution is not exactly available to us, unless I'm miss-remembering the Shadows trans-reality hopping.

Also, I half expected Obsidia to get called in as a 'local' expert.
AQ  Post #: 19
8/27/2021 21:11:53   
Sapphire

spoiler:

The guest is extremely powerful. The compression is nice, too. Probably the best harm guest in the game rolled up into the best energy guest, depending on your view of Mogdin.
Post #: 20
8/27/2021 23:35:26   
Zennistrad

quote:

Also, I half expected Obsidia to get called in as a 'local' expert.

I don't think she'd be available. Assuming the Necromancer storyline is happening concurrently with this one (which seems to be the implication), she's probably busy keeping a low profile to better infiltrate the Mantle ranks. Openly taking part in a conflict that involves Mantle members would be unwise.
AQ  Post #: 21
8/28/2021 22:48:53   
PD

We're calling in experts here?

Kaley: "Best I can do is a letter with a hint and nothing more, and I'm taking a HUGE risk here"

cookies for reference.
Post #: 22
8/28/2021 23:13:53   
Primate Murder

I forgot to mention it before, but the quest reward is amazing. First good non-rare energy guest, first non-token Harm guest, first sp-costing Harm guest, first Harm compression guest, and all that on top of being the strongest guest for both Harm and Energy!

It's filling so many niches, I don't even know what to say!
AQ DF  Post #: 23
8/29/2021 6:17:05   
Shiba

@Primate Murder: although its power as an Energy guest is not to be underestimated, your claim that it is the first good non-rare Energy guest, makes Mogdin cry!
AQ  Post #: 24
8/29/2021 8:29:23   
sunblaze

Mogdin is smaller and has a neat status effect. But the new one is a mechanical dragon with two elements.
Sorry Mogdin but versality wins vs. power for me.

PS: Mogdins ravens however are pure bliss. :D
AQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Classic: The War Between Shadows IV
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition