Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Classic: Summer 2021 Season of Gifting Prizes Finale + Arms of Carnax + Z-infinity Gauntlets

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Classic: Summer 2021 Season of Gifting Prizes Finale + Arms of Carnax + Z-infinity Gauntlets
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/6/2021 12:21:31   
PD

quote:

Summer Z-Token Package Bonus Ends Sept 7th
Receive up to 30% more bonus Z-Tokens!

Frostwyrm Prizes

Frostwyrm Prizes
COMING THIS WEEK!

The 2021 Summer Season of Gifting has ended and Tibbles the Merry Elf has returned to his village of Frostvale. Tibbles will return with a new contest, along with his cousin Tibbles, in December. A huge Thank you! to all the generous players that participated! The Frostwyrm prizes will start being delivered this week so keep an eye on your inventory to see what you've won!

Limited-Time Shop - Z-finity Gauntlets Return:
Each gauntlet in the Z-finity series offers various elemental protection, coupled with a powerful ability!

Back To School Prizes

Back-To-School Daily Prizes
Ends October 6th

Login daily for your chance to win 7 amazing rewards, 1 for every day of the week! Just by logging in and playing AQ you will qualify for 50 prizes being given away daily. The more characters you play with the better your chances of winning. As an added perk, all Guardians gain an extra 50% chance of winning! Here are the 7 Water variant prizes along with the day of the week they are being given away:

Sunday - Scroll Knight Helms
Monday - Dodgeball Z Spell
Tuesday - School Uniform Color-Custom Armor
Wednesday - Savage Schoolbook Pet
Thursday - Paperclip Pencil Bow
Friday - School Bell Bulwark
Saturday - Ruler Buster Blade

Thursday 12th GGB

August 2021 Golden Giftboxes
Thursday the 12th

The second unluckiest day of the year returns! Unwrap your own Mason Form, Deatharrows Cat, Krieger Klaws, and the sinister color-custom Mason Returns Mask. In Wind as well as the original variants!

Arms of Carnax

Arms of Carnax
20K Z-Token Package Bonus

Wield the power of one of the greatest legendary foes in all of Lore! Become consumed by the power of the Carnax beast and unlock this weapon's ultimate power - transforming you into the incarnation of Carnax's Malice!

Blueberry Shieldcake

Blueberry Shieldcake
7500 Z-Token Package Bonus

A shield made of a layer of whipped cream, shortcake, and delicious fresh blueberries. It grows in size and power each turn, and you can cash in this power for a variety of buffs that leave your opponent with a case of sour grapes.

Digi-tagged! -Digital X

< Message edited by PD -- 12/27/2021 15:56:37 >
Post #: 1
9/6/2021 12:41:10   
SAARLANE

Limited-Time Shop - Z-finity Gauntlets Return

PLEASE, CAN WE GET GAUNTLET OF XANO? :(
When it returns?
Post #: 2
9/6/2021 13:33:53   
Sapphire

I have tokens waiting on you zfinity.....
Post #: 3
9/6/2021 13:52:00   
PD

If it were just a humble request, that we could see the current Z-sale Sale last until the end of this week (Sep 11th) so that we'd be able to purchase Arms of Carnax with it. I think it would really help boost the sales of it too.

< Message edited by PD -- 9/6/2021 14:00:57 >
Post #: 4
9/7/2021 8:46:53   
Temptus

very happy to see gauntlets return, sadly not half price like 2019 ;). excited for carnax pack hopefully it has some ridiculous effects lol
AQ  Post #: 5
9/7/2021 9:54:59   
Zennistrad

If you're gonna pick up a Zfinity gauntlet, I'd highly recommend picking up the Soul Gauntlet in particular — with an Essence Orb nerf still probably coming up the Soul gauntlet will likely end up becoming very powerful.

< Message edited by Zennistrad -- 9/8/2021 10:47:02 >
AQ  Post #: 6
9/7/2021 11:08:41   
Sapphire

I missed them so Im really looking forward to this. May get them all, but I need to go back and research which ones are must-haves and why and which ones are to be skipped if need be.
Post #: 7
9/7/2021 11:13:33   
J9408

Now we can transform into Carnax Head.

I think the only one left would be the Dracolich head?

< Message edited by J9408 -- 9/7/2021 11:17:59 >
Post #: 8
9/7/2021 11:36:53   
Ashmander

I forget is there only 5 z infinity gauntlets? I think I got all of them on one of my main 5 characters
Post #: 9
9/7/2021 12:02:01   
Sapphire

I think so. I was just reading about them on AQwiki but I am unsure if thats the latest info on them. I'll probably get 4 of the 5 for sure, on the fence on 1. But I am just trying to make sure its the most accurate information
Post #: 10
9/7/2021 14:22:19   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The Zfinity Gauntlets are now in the Limited-Time Shop! Grab your Thursday the 12th gear in the LTS while you can as all items will all be leaving later this week.

quote:

If it were just a humble request, that we could see the current Z-sale Sale last until the end of this week (Sep 11th) so that we'd be able to purchase Arms of Carnax with it.

I would if it were possible, I checked to see if we could extend the bonus for this package by a week, and we do not have the ability to have a bonus for individual packages. The Z-Token bonus ends 11:59 PM server time tonight.
AQ  Post #: 11
9/7/2021 14:26:18   
sunblaze

I think that broke something Hollow. now the news page goes blank. :(
AQ  Post #: 12
9/7/2021 14:36:13   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

That has been fixed!
AQ  Post #: 13
9/7/2021 14:53:20   
sunblaze

Are you sure? Still blank.
Is it possible to clear cache for the artix launcher somehow?
AQ  Post #: 14
9/7/2021 14:56:39   
PD

Launcher dashboard -> bottom left cog / settings -> clear cache
Post #: 15
9/7/2021 15:07:16   
sunblaze

worked like a charm thanks!
AQ  Post #: 16
9/7/2021 15:37:41   
Sapphire

Were the zfinity gauntlets able to click the bottom skill multiple times per turn before? Or no?
Post #: 17
9/7/2021 16:37:51   
aq DarkKnight

@SapphireCatalyst2021, to my knowledge, the zfinity gauntlets bottom skill could only be used once per turn and will become extremely less efficient and high maintenance by the third turn.
AQ  Post #: 18
9/7/2021 18:31:10   
Sphinx Jevoha

Hello :)

A quick question for The Hollow:

Would the Carnax's Malice transformation come with the Psionic Link ability? This would be a great opportunity to implement that, because no other armor that something like that.

Or even better, would the Carnax armor have 2 skills, like the Ga'lin one? Maybe a default biting animation for the basic attack, and 2 skills (Underground spikes + Psionic Blast) as MC?

Thank you!
Post #: 19
9/7/2021 20:00:40   
PD

For the brief moment we seemed to have a controversy regarding the contest. So here will be the most comprehensive post on a series of proposed changes that I'd like to see going forward for every contest going forward (Frostval and Summer):

1. Fixed tier rewards for all items rewarded. Complete elimination of the ranking system. Clearly the ranking system has done more harm than it does promote the health of the competition. By establishing a fixed amount of reward for each item, it simultaneously solves the issues of sniping and/or sitting out entirely. To that end the proposed system that I had in place (which can be modified, and this is only here to set up an example framework, not something set in stone and should change depending how the community tends to value these things)

500k - Some in-game honor or acknowledgement
200k - Armors
100k - Weapons
50k - Shields
25k - Pets
2k - Spells
1k - Miscs
1 - Faces and Titles

2. Equal distribution of donated tokens. To prevent the players from only participating in the first few or last days, and to prevent abuse by leveraging multiple character slots to receive inordinate amount of donations, distribute the tokens equally across all the unique accounts that donated (IE, if you don't donate at all, you don't get to have anything donated back). IE, if 15 million tokens are donated across 5000 unique accounts, each account will get back 3k tokens at the contest's end awarded on the first character of that account.

3. Raffle system. Every day you donate at least a certain minimum amount you you'll be entered in a pool to win a prize which can be awarded daily or at the end depending on what's decided. This should encourage people to donate regularly or at least once a day.

4. Community-wide prizes/goals. These should come back. By giving the community a collective goal it will more spur interest (and therefore, more donations). It gives us more to look forward to than just our own egos.

5. If rankings absolutely cannot go away, only award ranked items special customization without exclusive functionality/rewarding (IE, Color Customs) in conjunction to fixed tier rewards for EVERY item (No exclusively ranked items, conjunction only). So this way that people will only spend the amount they can afford/want, but also more if they want to still pursue that special custom characteristic.

< Message edited by PD -- 9/7/2021 20:15:37 >
Post #: 20
9/7/2021 22:16:57   
aq DarkKnight

quote:

For the brief moment we seemed to have a controversy regarding the contest. So here will be the most comprehensive post on a series of proposed changes that I'd like to see going forward for every contest going forward (Frostval and Summer)

There is no controversy regarding this contest, its good intentions were ruined by a lack of communication and bad planning.
quote:

1. Fixed tier rewards for all items rewarded. Complete elimination of the ranking system. Clearly the ranking system has done more harm than it does promote the health of the competition. By establishing a fixed amount of reward for each item, it simultaneously solves the issues of sniping and/or sitting out entirely. To that end the proposed system that I had in place (which can be modified, and this is only here to set up an example framework, not something set in stone and should change depending how the community tends to value these things)

500k - Some in-game honor or acknowledgement
200k - Armors
100k - Weapons
50k - Shields
25k - Pets
2k - Spells
1k - Miscs
1 - Faces and Titles

I felt that will be an insult to some (the Top 5) who donated over a million Z-Tokens. Why bother to go above and beyond when you can stop at 500k, get everything, and be done with it? Where is the incentive and competitiveness in doing that? But let's said the suggestion was to be implemented, then we will never be able to even surpassed the previous contest (especially the old Desert Raider total Z-Token donated record) and the contest will then stagnate.
quote:

2. Equal distribution of donated tokens. To prevent the players from only participating in the first few or last days, and to prevent abuse by leveraging multiple character slots to receive inordinate amount of donations, distribute the tokens equally across all the unique accounts that donated (IE, if you don't donate at all, you don't get to have anything donated back). IE, if 15 million tokens are donated across 5000 unique accounts, each account will get back 3k tokens at the contest's end awarded on the first character of that account.

The Artix Portal might show the fluctuation of between 5,000 and 6,250 players, but that is across all game platforms. That will be further complicated by only between 5-10% of the unique accounts are active and the rest being abandoned for years. The last thing we need is to found out is that our tokens further distributed to these long-dead accounts.
quote:

3. Raffle system. Every day you donate at least a certain minimum amount you you'll be entered in a pool to win a prize which can be awarded daily or at the end depending on what's decided. This should encourage people to donate regularly or at least once a day.

The raffle system and donation contest should be separate as it is in the past. As the saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Also, I felt in my guts that it will be totally unfair for those who win the hard way only to find out their successors to have it easier when this is implemented. This is one of the problems that lead to this drama in the first place, which is why I can understand how they felt about it by imagining myself being in their shoes.
quote:

4. Community-wide prizes/goals. These should come back. By giving the community a collective goal it will more spur interest (and therefore, more donations). It gives us more to look forward to than just our own egos.

Great idea. Nuff said. Others will absolutely approve of this idea.
quote:

5. If rankings absolutely cannot go away, only award ranked items special customization without exclusive functionality/rewarding (IE, Color Customs) in conjunction to fixed tier rewards for EVERY item (No exclusively ranked items, conjunction only). So this way that people will only spend the amount they can afford/want, but also more if they want to still pursue that special custom characteristic.

Without ranking, there is no incentive. That's will be counterproductive to the endeavor. Rankings are here to stay, we'll need the competitive spirit for the contest to be exciting. Otherwise, the contest will feel dull. Isn't contest all about fierce competition?

< Message edited by aq DarkKnight -- 9/7/2021 22:37:33 >
AQ  Post #: 21
9/7/2021 23:27:08   
Primate Murder

@PD
quote:

Fixed tier rewards for all items rewarded.
I'm with Dark Knight on this, it'll completely remove the 'contest' part. It will simply become another token set, and one that's ridiculously expensive at that.

quote:

Community-wide prizes/goals. These should come back. By giving the community a collective goal it will more spur interest (and therefore, more donations). It gives us more to look forward to than just our own egos.
It would also entirely disincentivize everyone (outside of maybe a few whales) from donating. Why spend tokens if you can just sit back and watch others pay for your prizes?

< Message edited by Primate Murder -- 9/7/2021 23:58:53 >
AQ DF  Post #: 22
9/8/2021 0:08:32   
RobynJoanne

@Primate Murder
I would have assumed we'd be getting something like the Nilak Donation Drive in which we'd get community rewards and exclusive rewards. That event seemed to work out really well for the most part, though it seems the pertinent Forum pages have been deleted, so I cannot find the evidence of the exact sentiment towards the results of that event.
I do agree that the free-rider problem could be a significant issue if implemented poorly.

I understand this desire for competition, but AQ itself is the opposite of a competitive game. I also feel like it goes against the spirit of giving to have the end of the contest be such a heated mess in which people hoard their Z-tokens until the end to give as few away to competitors and attempt to snipe the remaining ranking spots at the last minute. It's quite the bitter end for an event that's ostensibly about generosity.

That said, that's not my biggest issue with the contest. Whales should be rewarded for giving so much to other players and the devs. If they wish to use these contests as a vehicle of competition, it's fine to me. My biggest issues are with the "valley effect" that PD coined and the distribution of Z-tokens. The valley effect is the phenomenon in which Z-tokens are donated mostly at the beginning and the end of the contest. This leaves a massive void in the middle in which average players are unlikely to receive any Z-tokens whatsoever. This is a major problem mostly for returning and intermittent players who may not be able to play during those massive rushes of donations. They're the players who could benefit the most from donations, but they're almost entirely missing out on the event.
The problem with the distribution of Z-tokens is that characters are entered into the pool of potential recipients not accounts. This lets players with 10 characters abuse the system to gain a massive advantage in their chances of receiving donations. There's even a strategy to play those characters once every twelve hours to maximize those odds. It's caused casual players to receive a massive donation once every couple of contests while optimized players receive tens of thousands and upwards of one hundred thousand Z-tokens over the course of a single contest. It's blatantly unfair to the casual players, and even whales are hurt by this. 100k Z-tokens could have been the difference between getting in the top 15 and missing out.
Post #: 23
9/8/2021 0:24:16   
PD

A general reply to the above poster(s):

1. There wouldn't really be a goal to go beyond a max tier, and you people are right on that one. The goal is to get rid of snipers and those who take advantage of the competitive nature to game the system in only a dishonest way. I'd already documented empirically that nobody donated during the month of August, and 40% of the prize pool was added only at the last day (from 8m to 13.5m, or 5.5m out of 13.5m), and you can't really deny the stories of people gaming this to their gross advantage. 3 players whom I will not name (you know who you are if you are reading this) were able to game the system to between the 3 of them gain over 350,000 tokens collectively. As I said before by some accounts, the top 25 players reaped nearly 20% (or 2.7m) of all the tokens. If we're worried about total donations being unmatched, you really should ask yourselves how many people don't participate at all because of the current structure. Of course adopting all of these ideas means it's effectively no longer a contest. But contests aren't virtuous in of themselves, but rather because of what they're supposed (motivate people to donate more), but this competitive format has presented more issues than it purportedly helps to spurn in goodness.

As for the controversy -- I said briefly. I and everyone else are glad that Hollow has taken our opinions into consideration (and thus maintain our trust by maintaining our expectations). But that controversy was about retroactively changing the rules, not against changing rules in general as I will explain further down.

2. Tracking unused accounts is a moot point because dead/inactive accounts don't donate and thus don't get to get anything. Only donators will get them (which means you'll have to have been active at one point during the contest thusly disqualifying dead accounts). Considering how the current system works where only people who won battles within 12 hours are even eligible to get tokens this is also further moot as "dead accounts" aren't eligible even in the current system.

3. Except there's been more people than just me who are dis-satisfied with how contests are run in general. The mentioned controversy, by even DarkKnight's account ( which you (DarkKnight) had even agreed to my proposed compromised to temporarily increase the top cut from 15 to 20.) actually had people either supporting changes going forward, or not being in opposition to changes going forward.

Again, the controversy wasn't related to making things easier in general. It was about retroactive rule changes. The same reaction would have happened if Hollow decided to change the top cut from top 15 to top 10 retroactive for example because people would have been angry at being suddenly disqualified and potentially wasting everything for nothing. The whole point was that we were given an expectation from the beginning, and then this expectation changed after the fact and being tantamount to a bait-and-switch (although by not fault of Hollow). And this retro-activity would have been an issue because it's ranked and thusly it would have changed the top cut criteria. Which again, is another problem with ranked contests that makes people extremely paranoid especially when the the true donated totals are only able to be self-verified. So we snipe. We don't donate until the very last moment to prevent the ability of giving our opponents a possible advantage by getting free tokens they will then use against us. You say nothing is wrong and thus we should not fix anything. But by all accounts (including your own messages on discord) you can hop onto the Discord to verify accounts of people waiting until the last moment, playing only on the days the really matter on as many characters as they can own, because they know that they can abuse the current design of the contests. If it weren't broken, we wouldn't be resorting to gaming the system. We wouldn't be sniping out of fear and paranoia. We wouldn't get people sitting out because they know they can't possibly hope to compete.

4. We got rid of ranked rewards a long time ago for warring, but people still fight for rankings because they want to. And Wars progress just fine. The same principle applies to contests. A lot of people don't participate as much as they really should because it's far too expensive or they are unsure in general if they'll even be able to make it. If you think interest will be reduced - Ask how many people refuse to donate as much as they could because they know they can't win? Versus those who would participate a lot more if they knew they had a reasonably expectation to win. And the contest would be less top heavy - this is to be expected of un-ranking the event. But this is then replaced by an objective system where people know if they donate 200k for example, that they would win, and not have to worry about being usurped later by a sniper or someone else engaging in a dishonest tactic. If anything a lot of people right NOW don't care because they know it's not a reality that they could win anything. Interest grows in the attainable, and lower participation thresholds increase interest.

It would be extremely expensive for a full set (minimally $250) - I initially set this number for two reasons - To motivate a high pool, and to set the threshold low enough to warrant interest in those whom normally sit out because of the top cut being variable but high. Although at this point by the argument, I should have probably set those thresholds even lower to garner more interest. There's also the charity element involved where you are rewarded for donating (and being nice to others like the in-game event text says is the point of all of this), not donating for a reward.

5. Nilak and Neko drives were huge success by any account. Yes there are always those who sit out and wait for everything to end. This indeed is unavoidable. The point of the community-wide goals suggestion was to be paired with the other changes, not be singularly implemented (although I acknowledge the staff probably won't implement all, if any of these). Implementing only 1 of the suggestions wouldn't fix anything (And acknowledged would make these events worse if done singularly). The point of all the suggestions was to be implemented together, because each of the suggestions works to reinforce the point of the other. The community-wide goals is reached from enough moderately large donations which in turn is caused by a lower fixed tier threshold of rewards and fixed donation distributions paired with raffles, which in turn stops paranoid and dishonest activity like sniping and mules from happening by encouraging a more sane pace of donating.

< Message edited by PD -- 9/8/2021 1:05:27 >
Post #: 24
9/8/2021 1:18:51   
OverLordOfDeath

I really hope they don't nerf essence orb.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AQ= Classic: Summer 2021 Season of Gifting Prizes Finale + Arms of Carnax + Z-infinity Gauntlets
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition